• Corsair Flag Quest

Corsair "Luck of the Draw"

3 cutscenes in whitegate
    1. at coffee shop (Rathib) at J-12 - starts the quest
    2. by whitegate (Mafwahb) at L-9
    3. at coffee shop (Rathib) at J-12

Caedarva Mire map

Arrapago Reef Map

note: its in the best interest to go through the mires during daylight hours only. at night, hordes of skeletons/fomor/ghosts will appear, especially near the Reef zones. Also its harder to locate Imps during the night.

go into same direction as PUP quest (I-6 Reef zone from mire), when it comes going to the reef, and sneak/invis is required. (take north mire enterance from town and go north while hugging around left path as much as possible to zone.) when you see first shipwreck, go down and you'll find a gate where key is required. sneak is the emphasis here, keep in mind lamia do detect sight. Only one party member is required to have a Fang key, or thief tools may be used to pick the locks. You do not have to be in that party or alliance for the door to open for you.

kill lamia for fang key, these mobs have BRD, SMN, WAR, RNG jobs, and decent challenge at 75. As an alternative, you can zone back outside to the Mire, head due south from the zoneline, and find a ??? in a swamp that will give you an fang key (the location is marked on the mire map).

Once the door is opened, hug left wall you will find another gate guarded by ghost, that is to be opened (does not requires Fang key or thief tools, it is not locked), you will get to another shipwreck, that is where the ??? is located. a cutscene will happen. no mobs guard the ??? spot, however, wait for lamia to face the other way before dropping the invisible to get cutscene.

After the cutscene, return to nashmau, take the west zone to the mires. sneak is required. stay away from imps, they are true sight and are black in color. At E-10, there is a zone to the Cove. Inside the cove, there are no mobs (except for fished out ones). Once you enter, hug the left wall and you will find a ??? for a cutscene. After the cutscene and a key item, go west and you will find a set of rocks with a target, inspect that for another cutscene.

After the cutscene, you are given Corsair Die, and unlocked the Corsair job.
    Last edited by Ayrlie; 04-29-2006, 01:00 PM.
    Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
    Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Re: Corsair Flag Quest

Thanks very much for finally posting a walkthru for this job

/bow

Comment

Yea great! Even though I still haven't gotten my expansion yet >.<
      http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Hmm are you absolutely sure about needing the Lamia Fang Key? My linkshell members who have unlocked the job said they never farmed the key, and none of them were thief. I think I'll go traipsing through the Reef as Thf/Whm with a stack of Thieve's Tools just in case though. :D

Avatar picture obtained from NamcoXCapcom Subarashiki Shin Sekai Community http://www.livejournal.com/community/namcoxcapcom/

Comment

i didnt have the key either. someone can open the gate from the inside, but if absolutely no one is around, you will need the key. since theres so many ppl getting it now, ppl come in and out of that first gate a lot.
          Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
          ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I went to do this solo last night, found a bunch of other people going for the quest as well, and I just followed them in. I guess one of them had a key so I didn't need to do any key farming

Annoying part was trying to find the ??? in the Corsair's graveyard (cove) I couldn't tab to find it for the longest time T_T.

So Omni, what are you leveling COR or BLU?
            Hacked on 9/9/09
            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

i'm not sure yet omni.

i unlocked cor last night and started on the merc. supplies. i think i might save unlocking blu for a rainy day. not too interested in pup.

cor sounds fun, but im just starting to get into the juicy part of bst so i dunno! i really hope cor isnt consumable dependant. im really sick of having a high upkeep job ><

what about you?
              Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
              ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I heard you can pick the key up from a ??? too.
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

does any1 know how high of a lvl i have to be to solo this quest without sneak/invis?

i'd really love to be able to solo this, as im always askin for help from my ls mates who DO have sneak/invis.
                  back, after... 3 months?
                  cuz WoW just totally sucks

And you, wich Final Fantasy character do you resemble?

Comment

i'm aware of thegetting fang key from random ??? but until i know those ??? spawns i'm not adding any info about that.
                    Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                    Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Posting a map for Location of Lamian Fang Key. Whole area a well lol
                      http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/nav/?act=s...=caedarva-mire
                      Check it out. Hope it helps.

Im stupid. o.O Forget I posted that.
                      Last edited by Zhou Tai; 04-22-2006, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I did this quest last night. There were tons of people running all around the place where you need key to open the doors.
                        The doors are being openned all the time, never stay closed more than a few minutes.
                        so if you hurry to do this quest during peak time, you probably can just follow all the groups there without having to do any work ^^
                        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Hmmm help please ; ;

I was able to get the first cutscene no problem. I am totally unable to get the one at the scemetery, either by day or by night... When I click it its always telling me that there's nothing interesting there !

Help plz

Just a note, I had PUP quest at the same time AND I even tried to go back to the first and second ??? after I completed PUP ques, no go... sigh.
                          Guide to pay your JP POL (Japanese Playonline) account by michaeldue here >>> http://www.ffxi-europe.com/

Kudos to michaeldue !!!

Comment

just finished this quest

the ??? isnt in the cemetery its in talacca cove, which is a little ways nw of the cemetery.
                            back, after... 3 months?
                            cuz WoW just totally sucks

And you, wich Final Fantasy character do you resemble?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilge
                              does any1 know how high of a lvl i have to be to solo this quest without sneak/invis?

i'd really love to be able to solo this, as im always askin for help from my ls mates who DO have sneak/invis.
                              Silent Oil and Prism Powder are your friends.

Just be careful where you use Silent Oil in Caedarva Mire. Chigoes are not easily visible and will tear apart anyone who doesn't have Phalanx up and doesn't get lucky with a critical hit; I got aggro'd by 3 of them in the Mire while recasting Sneak and the only thing that saved me was being able to cast Phalanx as WHM75/RDM37. If you're looking closely you can see them jumping around like fleas near you, but you can't target them until they attack, so keep your eyes peeled.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                              X