This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A better idea of what's to come...

This is taken from BG forums but a good comprehention of what's to come.

Slow Roll.... 3 <insert mob name here> gains the effect of 3% slow

Protect Shatter.... 15 <insert mob name here> gains the effect of -15pts of defense

Regen Roll... 6 <insert name here> gets the effect of Regen (6HP per tick)

Defense Roll.... 12 <insert name here> gets 12 Defensive points

Cure Roll 3.... 238 <insert name here> regains 238 HP

Cure Roll 1.... 14 <insert name here> regains 14 HP

Accuracy Roll.... 9 <insert name here> gains the effect of +9 Acc

Refresh Roll.... 2 <insert name here> gains the effect of Refresh (2MP per tick)

Haste Roll.... 7 <insert name here> gains 7% haste effect.

That's if they use dice... otherwise just think of the same thing, but Russian Roulette style in which the random number of bullets used has a direct effect on you, your PT or the mob. Various dice or bullets will have a greater impact as you level, but each one will have a certain range they can achived. Just like Brd with String and Wind instruments.... but probably alot more expensive. Anyways, just a thought.
    Others suggest that shots are aimed upwards and sprayed down onto party members or mobs (very simular to actual magic).

It's quite possible the and very likly that the 2hour will be a 100% roll.

Even though these are not prime attackers like rangers, I have no doubt in my mind that the job will still be able build tp and execute ws from a distance and some funky bullet switching might become commonplace (Final Fantasy Unlimited).

What I'm most curious about is if this job will be able to refresh. While it seems very unorthodox to use gil to refresh someone (heck as a rdm I'm going to start charging people ) but on a serious note SE did promise another refresher and this seems to be it although their is still room for one or two more jobs.
    http://kofman2155.blogspot.com/

Re: A better idea of what's to come...

I don't know if this is for sure the job that will be that refresher. If anything I would think it would be the rumoured "Blue Mage" job. Guess we will just have to wait and see.....
    Sky:O Sea:O Koga: 3/5 Melee: 1/5
    http://manapool-ls.com - Bahamut Endgame LS

Comment

Yea it's intresting to see what role the blue mage will take place in a normal exp party but interviews hinted at it being a black mage solution (while I don't see how that works ..)

Comment

Perhaps by black mage solution they mean a job that can compete with BLM for invites. I know most PT setups pre bones PTs on my MNK a BLM was crucial to getting chain #5. Without those MBs it usually isn't going to happen.

I guess if Blue Mage can take that spot in a PT, giving it refresh would probably make it overly powerful.
        Sky:O Sea:O Koga: 3/5 Melee: 1/5
        http://manapool-ls.com - Bahamut Endgame LS

Comment

From the screenshot showing the Corsair firing his weapon, it looks like a large wave affect and maybe it buffs people in a front-conal pattern. Similar conal pattern used by mob front-conal AOE effect debuffs/status ailments.

Comment

Originally posted by klvino
            From the screenshot showing the Corsair firing his weapon, it looks like a large wave affect and maybe it buffs people in a front-conal pattern. Similar conal pattern used by mob front-conal AOE effect debuffs/status ailments.
            But that attack also looks a lot like Detonator which a WS.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Like I said I have no doubt that they will be able to execute ranged WS. All the same the formor might still be true.

Comment

Lol, that was my post on BG. It's not meant to be taken seriously since it was announced that they use guns and not dice for buffs. I think they may use some kind of random system to decide the amount or percentage that would buff the PT. I can see some kind of a gun roulette being used. Such as having a random 'series' of bullet buffs that are constantly revolving until you 'fire' it at or above your teammate (Ie: cure bullets- one cures for 24 hp, another cures for 600, another for 247, etc... ).

The entire concept seems nice, it'll make it an interesting job to play, especially since you apparently are not supposed to know what not to expect. So far 2 jobs down, 1-2 more jobs left to go?

Comment

[QUOTE=Dezso](Ie: cure bullets- one cures for 24 hp, another cures for 600, another for 247, etc... ).[QUOTE]

Hah, I can see it now...

Goblin Blagger hits Tank for 128 points of damage.
                  Corsair: Come on lucky 600hp bullet...
                  Corsair fires Cure Bullet at Tank
                  Tank regains 27hp
                  Goblin Blagger hits Tank for 147 points of damage.
                  Tank is defeated by the Goblin Blagger.
                  Corsair: Hargh...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny
                    Originally posted by Dezso
                    (Ie: cure bullets- one cures for 24 hp, another cures for 600, another for 247, etc... ).
                    Hah, I can see it now...

Goblin Blagger hits Tank for 128 points of damage.
                    Corsair: Come on lucky 600hp bullet...
                    Corsair fires Cure Bullet at Tank
                    Tank regains 27hp
                    Goblin Blagger hits Tank for 147 points of damage.
                    Tank is defeated by the Goblin Blagger.
                    Corsair: Hargh...
                    Tank must have been a landlubber >.>

aargh!
                    Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                    G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
                    San Doria Rank 6
                    ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

If they are planing to get in all of the FFV jobs that existed then they still got like 6 more to go, with Tactics something like what 8 or 10 more? I forgot how many tactics had.

Anyways with FFV means they still have:

Dancer
                      Mimic
                      Mystical Knight
                      Time Mage
                      Chemist
                      Elementalist

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I don't thing cosair is going to be as "support based" as ppl think, you can easily put a bunch of enfeebling effects on their attacks essentually making them just like ninja, with their enfeebling magics.

It seems more like a ranger since his job seems to revolve around his hexgun, wile hexgun can simply mean hex (six) or perhaps hex (curse). And his attacks would be more debuff focused instead of just damage. In actuallity Ninja was probably intended as a support class until people learned to exploit utsuemi.

Supporting skills may be part of the job, but just like ninja or summoner, unless the job has a refresh skill, it isn't going to stand in for Rdm or Bard, and may very well be just a modified ranger.

On a personal note I find it unusual that SE would find an obscure FF job title to accept the interest of pirates into the game, although I'm sure it will be interesting, I hardly see how a gun toting job can be developed to address the lack of healing alternatives. Although this may be the job that offers effective melee support to help balance the job base, it doesn't seem like the appropriate job slot to fill.

Just by feat of imagination I wonder if they will make 3 jobs for this expansion, seeing as the first expansion had 3 jobs in it. It would be nice if they made 1 more, but at this point there are to many serious problems to be fixed that don't involve the addition of new jobs. I expected this kind of addition in the last expansion, at this point the economy and gameplay are too corrupt to be overlooked for some new faces.
                        Learning > Intelligence > Experience. Weak minds are subject to experience before realization. Inteligent minds understand quickly with minimal experience. Learned minds excersise knowledge gained from study, and do not require experience to reach realization. Which is your claim?

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut Kaiser
                          I don't thing cosair is going to be as "support based" as ppl think, you can easily put a bunch of enfeebling effects on their attacks essentually making them just like ninja, with their enfeebling magics.

It seems more like a ranger since his job seems to revolve around his hexgun, wile hexgun can simply mean hex (six) or perhaps hex (curse). And his attacks would be more debuff focused instead of just damage. In actuallity Ninja was probably intended as a support class until people learned to exploit utsuemi.

Supporting skills may be part of the job, but just like ninja or summoner, unless the job has a refresh skill, it isn't going to stand in for Rdm or Bard, and may very well be just a modified ranger.

On a personal note I find it unusual that SE would find an obscure FF job title to accept the interest of pirates into the game, although I'm sure it will be interesting, I hardly see how a gun toting job can be developed to address the lack of healing alternatives. Although this may be the job that offers effective melee support to help balance the job base, it doesn't seem like the appropriate job slot to fill.

Just by feat of imagination I wonder if they will make 3 jobs for this expansion, seeing as the first expansion had 3 jobs in it. It would be nice if they made 1 more, but at this point there are to many serious problems to be fixed that don't involve the addition of new jobs. I expected this kind of addition in the last expansion, at this point the economy and gameplay are too corrupt to be overlooked for some new faces.
                          I agree with everything you had said there. It was something that had crossed my mind but I had difficulty in really explaining and fully comprehanding but Corair could very well turn out to be a ninja style debuffer with stackable abilities. If this is the case a set up such as:

4xMelee
                          1xRDM/BRD
                          1xCorsair

or

3x Melee
                          1x WHM
                          1x RDM/BRD
                          1x Corsair

While it may be slightly harder to fit in Corsair into the standard setup of:

1x Tank (PLD/WAR)
                          2x Melee
                          1x Refresher
                          1x Healer
                          1x Blackmage

Unless ofcaorse Corsair can take the role of the Melee and keep up TP to skillchain.

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
                            If they are planing to get in all of the FFV jobs that existed then they still got like 6 more to go, with Tactics something like what 8 or 10 more? I forgot how many tactics had.

Anyways with FFV means they still have:

Dancer
                            Mimic
                            Mystical Knight
                            Time Mage
                            Chemist
                            Elementalist
                            I wonder if they can't pull a "Corsair" and combine two or more things into a new job. ...seems kinda hard to do from just that list though. And I think we can rule out Time Mage too, everything they ever did has been given to one job or another.

But remember that Mog danced to perform Geomancy, and while he had a chance to fail if the dance didn't match the background if it succeeded he could continue to geomance with perfect success. :x

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut Kaiser
                              Actually, the first expansion had 4 jobs. DRG, SAM, NIN, and SMN were all released with Rise of the Zilart. SMN was actually made available/unlockable one day prior to the release of the disc, but it was still considered a Zilart job. And the patch which contained the ability to unlock SMN as a playable job was contained in the last of the series of patches we had to endure in anticipation of the release of the expansion disc.

On another note, I'd love to see SE add a couple of support jobs and a tank job in the new expansion. We have enough melee/DD jobs already.
                              召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
                              San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

Working...
                              X