Azure Lore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azure Lore

Can anyone please tell me if this is usefull in anyway? I have solo'ed most of the way and am currently sitting at level 54. It has been very fun thus far, but I can't seem to find anything good about BLU's 2Hr ability. Granted, I have been blowing through the levels spamming bludgeon for the most part, experimenting with other spells, but mostly sticking to the 30TP giving bludgeon. I have most of my spells up to date, I think I am missing pinecomb bomb (which I would really like, but I sat waiting on one tree to respawn in Batallia and in one hour I didn't see it used once.) I try to see some difference with Azure Lore, but I haven't noticed anything. Blue Magic has been capped most of the way. I don't notice any increase in damage, and the resist rate is about the same. (I would say 95% or better on the spell hitting with out it, and I would say I have seen the spell have no effect while Azure Lore is present.) Can someone please tell me what I am missing? a two hour ability should be somewhat powerful, given it is only useable, well, every two hours.
    Shiva Server
    Crafting 60 all (Gold 55, Alchemy 90)
    Sandy Rank 10. Basty Rank 10. COP
    99<BLU><BLM><THF><WAR><NIN><WHM><DRK><RNG>
    95<SAM>><PLD>97
    75-90<MNK><CO905><DRG75><PUP77><BST76><BRD91><SCH85><RDM84><DNC75>
    <SMN80>

sigpic

Re: Azure Lore

It doubles your spell's stat mods (e.g. 20% DEX becomes 40% dex) and your spells behave as if they had slightly more than 300 TP.

You're not going to notice much of a difference on a spell like Bludgeon while soloing since its TP effect is increased Accuracy.

Comment

I think the consensus is that Azure Lore is pretty terrible. Back when I was leveling BLU in the 20s I noticed turning it on made a difference in damage and accuracy of spells against an NM, but that was about it. It's not exactly an ace up your sleeve.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

According to this old guide, it also increases the damage multiplier on some magical attacks. You might notice more of a difference when using those.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
        X