Best quested items for BLU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best quested items for BLU?

Even though I'm 29 in BLU and still figuring out what makes this job tick, I've kinda already scaled back to look at the bigger picture. Pretty much approaching BLU like I did COR and doing a lot of advanced work to get the goodies for BLU ready

Shiva's Shotel was a sword that caught my eye and I've already got most of the prequisites in the bag. I realize its a BCNM drop, but something to shoot for anyway. And I already got my hands on Ifrit's Blade. And all the chakrams seem useful for EXPing in various ToA beastmen fortresses. Guess I'm curious to look for more quested/BCNMed gear, though.

Re: Best quested items for BLU?

Considering you've gone through COR, I'd say you might have a few pieces already that you'd want/need. Moldavite Earring is a good piece to have, as are a pair of Rutter Sabatons. Chivalrous Chain and Potent Belt are good Assault rewards, and Jet Seraweels are nice to put into your mage build in the later levels. If you can swing an Apocalypse Nigh fight, either Ethereal Earring or Magnetic Earring are amazing. Suppanomimi is your best bet from DM. Brutal Earring from Limbus is nice, and your CoP ring of choice will most likely be Rajas. Genbu's Shield boosts Cannonball as well as provides an excellent defensive option should you forgo /NIN, and, of course, the entire set of Homam is tagged for BLU's enjoyment.

A lot of BLU's tricks come in the form of setting the proper spells for stat boosts and Job Traits. In the later levels, being able to give yourself Auto Refresh and Conserve MP will help out tremendously.

EDIT: Cerise Doublet. Go panty farming for it.
    Last edited by LilithAngel; 07-03-2007, 04:45 AM.

Comment

You could have gotten a Nadrs. Also Perdu Hanger is pretty nice.

Of course the Homam gear would be pretty awesome. You can always get your Sachet or a Rogesturin. Death Chakram and the ever so easy to get Aureole.

A nice body piece is the Cerise Doublet. Maybe I will find some more, work should be slow today.
      Thanks Kazuki.
      Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
        ever so easy to get Aureole.
        i wish i had sky acess to get this item guess i have to start doing ZM again
        "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
        "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
        "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

Originally posted by Srxjo View Post
          i wish i had sky acess to get this item guess i have to start doing ZM again
          This is not from sky... it's quested with a drop from Absolute Virtue... hence the sarcasm.
          sigpic

Comment

i thought it was a Sky NM >.>

Edit: o it's Sea
            "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
            "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
            "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

Originally posted by Srxjo View Post
              i thought it was a Sky NM >.>
              Edit: o it's Sea
              Sea.
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
                A lot of BLU's tricks come in the form of setting the proper spells for stat boosts and Job Traits. In the later levels.
                Yeah, my motive for levelling BLU as a sub was to grab Magic Attack Bonus +5 AGI and Clear Mind. And curative and +MP set spells. I've had a blast playing around with the traits so far. Having beast killer at such a low level still feels kinda wrong, though. My BST had to get 60 just to have it.

Comment

Wild Carrot is a good solid spell that'll serve well for a long time. At less MP spent per cast, and having no apparent upper cap, one could extend the life of this spell for a loooong time. Just toss an Evoker's on your MP pool and keep'em rolling.

Oh and if getting Beast Killer early makes you feel dirty, how about that level 12 Stun? Even level 75 BLU's will attest to its utility.

Comment

Suppanomimi.

Shiva's Shotel is crap. 288 delay is horrible. Ifrit's Blade is awesome, and Dissector is nice too once unlocked. The 2 best swords, though, are Perdu Hanger (by far the best we get) and Adaman Kilij/Demon Slayer/Dragon Slayer.

Rank 10 All Nations
                    Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
                    Assault Rank: Captain
                    Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
                    Unique Quests complete: 465
                    Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

Perdu/Demon is the combo I use right now

I just don't like shiva's shotel due to axe-like delay (and only got 1 base damage higher and +3 acc bonus but -15atk)

I'd go with Kyrial that the best quested Item is Suppanomimi
                      and probably Hollow Earring if you don't have it / have other melee jobs that doesn't really benefit from dual wield

Others are mostly purchased / limbus drop/ assault purchasable / IS purchasable
                      Last edited by VZX; 07-06-2007, 09:08 AM. Reason: add something
                      Thanks,
                      Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

Far as earrings go, I have the Suppa, Fenrir's, Diabolos' and Moldavite earring that can all crossover here and there.

The shotel I was looking at for situations where accuracy on Physcial Spells' is more important than the damage of the sword itself. I think I'm gonna try for it anyway. I'm fairly obsessive about collecting weapons at high level anyway.

I looked over all the AN earrings and it looks like you could go many different ways based on how you play. Magnetic looks like something nice to use for soloing, which I see happening a lot with BLU, but Hollow does compliment COR and RNG nicely, too. I just have a hard time seeing myself remove fenrir's earring on COR for Hollow.

Perdu Hangar would take some doing, I'm only SP on Assault right now. I hadn't really looked at them beyond the crossbow, which I rolled my eyes at. Still, couldn't Martial Anelace also be good with that TP bonus? Seems like it would work best with Vorpal and Savage Blade.

Comment

Martial Anelace would be good for Vorpal/Savage, but by that time, you might also be into using your TP for a Chain Affinity-assisted SA [Insert Physical Spell Here], in which case, the sword won't do much for you, since that isn't a Weapon Skill performed by that weapon (think of it as the same as if you off-handed the Martial weapon while WSing with the main hand weapon).

I held off on doing CASA Physical Spells until I had Trick Attack for the main reason that I kept taking hate from *everyone* in the party for doing it, and ended up wasting a lot of MP from the party (mine as well as other's) trying to keep me alive because I was now tanking. I'm not saying that to say I had crappy tanks or anything, it's just that's how much damage CASA pulls down. Once you hit 40 and try it a couple of times (check out 300% on Jet Stream or Terror Touch, or wait 4 levels and use it on Mandibular Bite), you might be convinced to agree.

As an aside, I like reminding the endless DWAM Warriors that I see in my parties these days that yes, Warrior *is* a tanking job, and I do so by dropping a CASATA Death Scissors or Dimensional Death off behind them as I pass by on my way to stay away from the front of the mob.

Comment

Conserve MP from magnetic earring, while it seems good. It doesn't provide significant impact.
                            From the test done regarding conserve MP, seems the average saving is 25% on everytime conserve MP kicked in

Conserve MP job trait will give you 25% activation rate, combined with magnetic earring you got 30% activation rate. However, the amount of MP you saved actually:
                            100% - [70% + [30% x (1 - 25%)] ] = 7.5%
                            Thanks,
                            Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

I used Magnetic Earring (which I got more for my WHM) along with my Suppanomimi until I hit 75 for Brutal Earring, sorta like a placeholder. The Conserve MP is always nice, as is the MP+20. I still swap it in for hMP when resting, along with Antivenom (too lazy to get a Relaxing Earring).

Rank 10 All Nations
                              Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
                              Assault Rank: Captain
                              Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
                              Unique Quests complete: 465
                              Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

Working...
                              X