Blu mage Heals On 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blu mage Heals On 360

Have recently hit 52 on my Blu mage and over the last few parties I have had to use wild carrot or healing breeze a bit more, This isnt a complaint,it just the way it happened , problem that i have is that I play on a 360 and cant when Im engaged in melee with the mob single target a member of my Pt to cast on them, have tried <stpc> and <st> in macros , have tried using f1 on the keyboard nothing seems to work,,only way i can get it to work is if i disingage or use the select new target, which as you all know takes a bit too long when your mage is needing a wild carrot shot. Am I missing something or is it just the way it is

Re: Blu mage Heals On 360

Have you tried:

/ma "Wild Carrot" <stpc> ?

360 controls aren't too different from PS2 ones, so I'm not seeing the problem here. The bottom shoulder buttons should let you access your macro list.

Comment

Yeh that macro works fine as long as Im not meleeing the mob,As soon as i hit the mob with my sword it locks me completely onto it,when i use the macro it just casts on me ,,wont let me select any other PT members.
      Only way i can get to cast on other members is by selecting new target picking a member of my PT then confirming them as target.

got to do this manually not through a macro,,unless someone knows of one

Comment

How odd. Pretty sure my cure macros on PLD look like:
        /ma "Cure II" <stpc>
        /equip
        And, I'm usually engaged with monsters, swinging away, when I use those macros. Just activate the macro, then use the D-pad to select party members, and press 'X' (well, button "3" on my USB controller).

Can't imagine why it it wouldn't work for Wild Carrot.
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

just a quick note, but F1 is the key to target yourself, try the other F keys

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

You can always lock-off with the * button on your keyboard...assuming you're using a full key board and not a compact one...or i think on the 360 controller you can press down on one of the joysticks which unlocks you from the mob...

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

i think you can target different pt memebers with up and down directional pad
              75bst 75thf 73rdm 40mnk 39nin 37whm 35blu 26drk 17pld 17war and idk the rest

PM: 8-3
              ZM: 14

Cloudxi -- Valefor, moved to Quetzalcoatl 01/08
              TheFlock ls

Comment

What exactly does your macro look like? When you lock on for combat, you can't change your main target at all, but your spells have seperate targeting. If Omg's macro doesn't work for you then I don't know what could be wrong ...
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

RTFM...

I remember after a year of playing i re-looked over the playing guide and i found many new hot keys and macros i wasn't using.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

You use the Dpad to select members of your party. (Up and Down)
                    -Baka Inu!
                    Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
                    Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
                    Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
                    Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Gonna go ahead and co-sign what a couple people have said about using the Directional buttons to scroll down your party list.

It's exactly how I heal on PS2 when I'm playing WHM. Just go into your magic list, select Wild Carrot, and hit the buttongs to scroll down your group members. If you'd like, you can arrange your Blue Magic so Wild Carrot and Healing Breeze are on the top if you would have trouble finding them manually.

Comment

And, I'll point you to Page 2 of the insturction manual

[( ) Directional Pad] [1. switch target 2. move curser in menus]
                        -Baka Inu!
                        Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
                        Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
                        Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
                        Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

For my cures/enhancements I just use something like

/ma "Wild Carrot" <st>

and then use the D-Pad's up and down arrows to select the party member. Look for the blue arrow when selecting you sub target.
                          Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                          Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                          Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                          Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                          Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Known Issues
                            - Unable to lock on to targets when a sub-target is selected.
                            It may be related to this issue which should be corrected in tomorrow's patch.

Comment

Also just a side note:

You can use:

/ma "Wild Carrot" <p1>
                              /ma "Wild Carrot" <p2>
                              /ma "Wild Carrot" <p3>
                              /ma "Wild Carrot" <p4>
                              /ma "Wild Carrot" <p5>

these macros will target the player in that slot in the party. Starting top to bottom in the party list.

Comment

Working...
                              X