Why is there no good gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there no good gear?

I am a lvl 35 BLU who is having trouble finding gear to keep up with my lvl. Upto lvl 30, BLU's gear is good but it seems like there is not too much good from lvl 30-50.I am currently using Centurians gear for feet and legs, Faires' tunic for body, invisible mantle for back, tiger stole for neck, onix earings x 2, Bastokian ring and onix ring, and I am using Centurians sword till lvl 40, I am using lvl 27 hand gear which gives +5 atk and +5 mnd. My problem is that everything available for my lvl have pretty much the same stats as my current gear. Can I get away with the gear I have until lvl 52(when I can equipt my AF pieces), or will I need to upgrade before then. If I should upgrade can someone give me the most ideal gear to upgrade to.
    u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Re: Why is there no good gear?

For a job as flexible as BLU, is it possible to offer any bits of gear which would be "ideal"? There's probably 3 or 4 different ways to focus your gear, depending on what you want to do. Are you going to solo at all? Or just all party play? When in a party, what role do you plan to fill? Healer? Melee oriented DD? Debuffer? Tank? All of them?
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

As an example of *one* of the possible gear setups, here's what I usd in those levels.

Sub Jobs used: Ninja, White Mage
      Weapon(s): Centurian's Sword > Combat Casters Scimitar > C.C. Scim. +1 > Flame Blade +1 > Crescent Sword > Muskateer Commander's Falchion/Wize Wizard's Anelace > (planning to upgrade to) Leech Scimitar

Shields: Healer's Shield > Nymph Shield (not much to have here, but once you get there, Genbu's Shield is pretty much your best bet, and helps Cannonball)

Ranged Slots: Rogetsurin > Junior Muskateer's Chakram > J.M. Chakram +2 > (planning to upgrade to) Tiphia Sting

Head: (Note: I used Fomor Tunic from the time I could equip it, to Brig +1, so my head gear was rather limited during this time; before then, any defensive or +MP gear is fine) Valkyrie's Mask > (Going to upgrade to) Magus Keffiyeh (Storm Zucchetto is also good to go for)

Body: I personally used my RSE until I got Fomor Tunic, but you may or may not be able/want to, so anything's fine, really > Fomor Tunic > Brigandine +1 > Jaridah Peti/Scorpion Harness (both are good) > (going to upgrade to) Magus Jubbuh

Neck: Tiger Stole > Storm Gorget > (going to upgrade to) Chivalrous Chain (PCC/Specs work as well, it's up to individual tastes)

Earrings: I went generally with the +Attack earrings for each level until I hit 50, then went Antivenom/Insomnia. You may get more milage out of a different combo depending on your play style.

Hands: RSE > Enkalados's Braclets/Magus Bazubands

Rings: (I was fortunate enough to have completed CoP, so I had Rajas Ring on from level 30 on) Any pair of rings works, honestly, so I'mma leave this alone; you figure out what you want from these two slots.

Back: I put the most defensive back pieces I could find in here, until I got to Red Cape +1, and am replacing that with Amemet Mantle +1 later.

Waist: The various Sub Job belts worked for each role I played, and then I went with a combination of Royal Knight's Belt, Life Belt, and Swordbelt +1 as I needed.

Legs: Republic Subligar/RSE > Magic Cuisses/Magus Shalwar

Feet: RSE > Mountain Gaiters/Magus Charuqs

As with anything labeled RSE, you can either look at your particular race's choices and go with that, or use something else. I used RSE because as a Mithra, my particular RSE pieces I chose favored melee combat as well as provided supplemental +MP, so it worked for me; you may or may not get as much out of your RSE.

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
        For a job as flexible as BLU, is it possible to offer any bits of gear which would be "ideal"? There's probably 3 or 4 different ways to focus your gear, depending on what you want to do. Are you going to solo at all? Or just all party play? When in a party, what role do you plan to fill? Healer? Melee oriented DD? Debuffer? Tank? All of them?

I was looking for defense and MND more than anything. Since I am never really doing the same role(1 day ill solo, 1 day ill be a back-up healer, 1 day i may even have to pull) I can't really key in on 1 aspect. I am looking more to party(so probably defense and int) but will solo to get spells or when no party is available.

I guess the gear I am looking for is a melee(dd) type gear, but also gear that gives either +MND, +MP, or +INT(I sub RDM and could use boosts to those stats for my buffs/enfeebles as well as my BLU spells).

I more asked the original question as a suggestion that in 1 of the updates maybe SE could add some gear specific to BLU for players lvl 30-52. They probably wont(as they probably feel like BLU doesn't need any help) but it would be nice(although by the time they did add gear i'll hopefully be upto my AF gear).
        u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Comment

You will probably need a few sets of gear, and work out a few gear swap macros. Depending on race, some of the RSE gear that you can equip for levels 29-32 will be good in different situations. Also bear in mind that sometimes lower level gear is going to be a better option than current level options; case in point are Battle Gloves for +acc for a TP build, if you are meleeing.

I don't know what prices are like on your server, but for level 38 look in to Mountain Gaiters (STR+2 INT+1 and a few other stats), and at 45 look in to Brigandine +1 (sp?), which should serve you well for a body piece until you get AF body at 58. EDIT: Just saw that LilthAngel suggested these items already. I'll back up their support.

For headgear, if you can camp Dobsonflies, go for a Voyager Sallet (STR+3 DEX+2 I think, or it is STR+4 DEX+3).

And for a shield, the level 30 rare/ex Tortise Shield is a great item. I would recommend that you camp that this week after the server restart. Go about 20 hours after the server is back online; NM should pop at 21 hours and 10 minutes after the servers went online.
          [ 75PLD / 75WAR / 75BLU / 75NIN / 75DNC / 41MNK ] : [100 +3 bonecraft / 60 +1 leathercraft ] : [ LJ: ono-valefor.livejournal.com ]

Comment

Also keep in mind that BLU, PUP, and COR were implemented last year. You didnt see a lot of good gear for the last round of new jobs like NIN and so forth for a while. After SE had a chance to see how the job was used and what people wanted stuff started to slowly pop up. Again using the the example of NIN... enmity and evasion became important for NIN when people used them to tank. So now you see lower level NIN gear that gives it.

I would expect to see new gear being slowly implemented for the new jobs over the next year... and maybe some AFv2.

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

Swords: Centurion's -> Bastokan/Republic -> Combat Caster's -> Combat Caster's +1/+2 -> Musketeer Commander's Falchion -> Ifrit's Blade -> Dissector -> Demon Slayer (if you can afford it ><)

Shields: I'm lucky enough to have a Tortoise Shield, so I used that from 30-60 or so. I got a free Astral Shield from a friend who quit at that point, but those are expensive, so you prolly won't be getting that unless you have a lot of gil to blow. I switched to Astral Aspis (which I also already had, this from my WHM) at 68 and sold the Astral Shield. And I had a Genbu's Shield already for at 74.

Ammo: Fortune Egg, Jr. Musketeer's Chakram +1/+2, and Tiphia Sting are all nice.

Head: I really just used either Empress Hairpin or MP hairpins (depending on situation) until 70, when I switched to Optical Hat (which I already had, thankfully). And of course, Walahra Turban is quite nice at 75.

Neck: I used Spike Necklace normally, and swapped in Holy Phial when casting cures. Switched to Chivalrous Chain at 60, and still use that even now, at 75.

Earrings: I used Geist Earrings for most of my BLU career, since I had them from WHM. Also because I didn't have Antivenom/Insomnia Earrings yet. <.<; At 72 I put in Suppanomimi and Magnetic Earring (but I'm sure a lot of people don't have those <.<), and swapped out Magnetic for Brutal Earring at 75 (managed to get it just before I hit 75 XD).

Body: I used Baron's Saio until 40, then switched to Royal Squire's Robe. Used that until 50, then switched to Crow Jupon until 55, switched to Jaridah Peti, then ended up getting a Scorpion Harness with gil from a friend who quit and switched to that at 57. Still wear that and AF body at 75.

Hands: I used Battle Gloves from 14 all the way to 55, at which point I switched to Jaridah hands just for a different look. <.<; I still use those, too. >.<; The Gigas line of bracelets are good though, especially if you are a Mithra or Taru (since you can afford the DEX and AGI penalties, and can really use the extra STR XD).

Rings: Honestly, I only used STR rings through the levels (swapped one out for Rajas Ring when I got it, some time in the early to mid-50s). Accuracy rings are nice if you don't have enough accuracy, but I always did, between other gear and sushi.

Back: I used Nomad's Mantle in the early levels. I think I switched to Aurora Mantle at 44, and then put on my Royal Army Mantle at 55, which I still wear. Amemet is another option at 61, or you could wear that MP+30 cape that you get with Assault points (I forget the name).

Waist: I think I switched between Shaman's Belt and Friar's Rope (and Brave Belt maybe?) until 40, then used Tilt Belt til 48, when I could wear Life Belt. Swapped out Life Belt at 60 for Potent Belt, which I still use at 75.

Legs: I didn't really hafta worry about leg gear, since I am a Mithra. :x I just used the RSE legs (MP+32 VIT+1 MND+1) until I could equip Vendor's Slops. I'm working on getting to Sergeant Major so that I can buy Volunteer's Brais, though.

Feet: Again, didn't really hafta worry about feet, cuz my RSE is awesome as a Mithra. I still wear them at 75. (HP+16 STR+3 CHR+2)

Rank 10 All Nations
              Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
              Assault Rank: Captain
              Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
              Unique Quests complete: 465
              Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

Weapon: I pretty much used Centurion's Sword until 40, when I switched to CC Scimitar and AF weapon. Then went to the +1 Combat Caster's Scimitar.

Sub: When I can't dual wield, I usually use a Fairy shield. It's cheap, and better than nothing. If you can get something like a Tortoise Shield, though, I say go for it.

Ammo: Junior Musketeer's Chakram +1/+2 would do well. One of the RSE sachets would also do you well.

Head: I used mostly MP hairpins, though I used a Valkyrie Mask as soon as I could wear it. It has MP like hairpins, but also attack. If you can get a Voyager's Sallet, though (a pain to get, but SO worth it) I say go for it.

Neck: Like Kyrial, I used Spike Necklace (I haven't done much main healing, but the phial sounds good in that regard) and intend to switch to Chivalrous Chain once I get the scratch.

Earrings: I believe I used Morion and Cunning earrings, but if you have something that helps out more in the DD department, or more MP, you can use that, too. I switched to Insomnia and Antivenom once I could use them.

Body: 30 -40 it was the Mercenary Captain's Doublet, then the Royal Squire's Robe. Not much to say here. if your RSE body is better than the doublet, go for it. at 50, you can try for Cerise Doublet, or just stick it out until you can wear a Jaridah Peti.

Hands: Battle gloves, or RSE. RSE tends to be your friend for quite a long time, especially depending on the class. Held me off until I could wear Light Gauntlets

Rings:
                I usually go with a STR ring and a acc ring. at 34, you can do the Venerer's Ring quest in Rabao, which is what I use to this day, partly because I can't afford any others. Jaeger Ring drops from the Dobsonflies, same as the Voyager's Sallet, so you can try that out...

Back: Black Cape +1, then Red Cape +1, then Amemet Mantle (+1 if you can afford it). Keep your red cape for healing, though.

Waist: Kyrial's path is pretty solid, and is the one I followed (or intend to, once I can buy the Potent Belt)

Legs: RSE's your friend, yet again.

Feet: RSE's still good. I think there are those Mountain Gaiters that'd also be of use, but they were expensive when I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrial Arthian View Post
                  Demon Slayer (if you can afford it ><)
                  Demon Slayers rarely sell on my server (e.g. 1~2 a month on the AH), and for the past few weeks it was my "goal item" I was working towards. Got impatient last week and decided to take the gamble of having it crafted since Adaman Kilji mats were popping up on the AH. Two synths, both were successful, and in the end I saved 1.3m off the AH price.

However, I tell people that have come to my for high price synths, don't risk it if it is going to break your bank; I had enough money on hand for food, tools and meds if I did lose everything on the two synths to make it.
                  [ 75PLD / 75WAR / 75BLU / 75NIN / 75DNC / 41MNK ] : [100 +3 bonecraft / 60 +1 leathercraft ] : [ LJ: ono-valefor.livejournal.com ]

Comment

As an update, I just looked at Perdu Hanger, which is a rare/ex sword bought with 40,000 IS from Sanction NPCs. If you're a Chief Sergeant, this is definitely the best BLU sword you can get. The stats are:

DMG:38 Delay:225
                    Latent effect: DMG:44
                    Lv.73 WAR/THF/DRK/SAM/BLU

The latent effect is active when you have less than 100% TP (this includes during WSs), and it has a hidden effect of Accuracy+5 Attack+15 that is active whenever the latent effect is (i.e. it works like Blau Dolch and other such weapons). Even without the latent or hidden effects, it's a pretty nice sword... with the latent it becomes awesome, and with the hidden effects on top of that, it becomes.... beyond awesome. I can't wait to get it... I just got the rank up quest for Sergeant Major tonight, so one more rank to go. :D

Rank 10 All Nations
                    Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete

Comment

As an update, I just looked at Perdu Hanger, which is a rare/ex sword bought with 40,000 IS from Sanction NPCs. If you're a Chief Sergeant, this is definitely the best BLU sword you can get.
                      Perdu is like the Blau Dolch for BLU. This offhanded with Ifrits blade is a very nice +24 ATT bonus for melee. Like you I just need to finish off the rank missions.

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

Originally posted by net.drifter View Post
                        Perdu is like the Blau Dolch for BLU. This offhanded with Ifrits blade is a very nice +24 ATT bonus for melee. Like you I just need to finish off the rank missions.
                        Why would you have Perdu offhand? It has the higher base dmg, even without the latent...

Rank 10 All Nations
                        Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete

Comment

Why would you have Perdu offhand? It has the higher base dmg, even without the latent...

Hell no, I didnt mean that. I worded that wrong. I meant 'Perdu with offhanding Ifrits'... Im going to go hide now.

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

I'm part of the "need rank up for Perdu" club. I have enough IS to get it, but I'm only rank 4 currently and not playing a lot right now. I did get Homam Manopolas (the hands) on Tuesday night though, really excited to try them out, and I'm 3/5 on the Homam set. Need the body and feet.

Comment

[System Message: You are not allowed to post URLs as you have not yet contributed sufficiently. Please try again at a later time.]

El oh el.
                              Being around old man has ffxionline officially calling me a spammer!

Comment

Working...
                              X