X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/01/2006 -- Job Adjustments

This is copied and pasted directly from playonline.com
    "Blue Mage Adjustments
    Changes will include more monsters available from which to learn blue magic, as well as additional spells, and adjustments to recast times.
    New Blue Magic
    In addition to spells attainable from the newly introduced soulflayers and the Poroggo, there will be new spells made available for mid-level players that have healing and dispelling effects.
    Existing Blue Magic
    The recast time for enfeebling blue magic spells such as "Chaotic Eye" and "Frightful Roar" will be reduced."

Has anybody figured out what the new monsters from which to learn blue magic are yet? And can anybody answer the new blue magic question for mid-level players?
    Thanks!

Re: 12/01/2006 -- Job Adjustments

I don't think the soulflayer and Poroggo spells are learnable yet. Likewise, the new mid-level spells haven't been implemented yet and that's the only information that's been released, so nobody knows what they are or what mobs might teach them yet.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Maybe BLUs will get to turn things into Frogs ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen View Post
        Maybe BLUs will get to turn things into Frogs ^^
        If they brought this back then I would demand pig and mini also.
        You kill one man, your a murderer
        Kill many and your a conquerer
        Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
          I don't think the soulflayer and Poroggo spells are learnable yet. Likewise, the new mid-level spells haven't been implemented yet and that's the only information that's been released, so nobody knows what they are or what mobs might teach them yet.
          NVM, I'm thinking of a different job.

Anyways.....I can see this becoming pretty funny when you turn someone into a frgo during a ballista match. ::laugh::
          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

10 bucks the resist rate is going to be super high

Comment

Well, let's look at the move lists for Poroggos and Soulflayers:
              Poroggo
              Frog Cheer - Magic Atk. Boost
              Frog Song - Single target charm + frog costume
              Water Bomb - AoE water damage + silence (centered on primary target)
              Providence - Un-dispellable Haste
              Magic Hammer - Unblinkable single-target damage
              Frog Chorus - AoE charm + frog costume (used only by Poroggo NMs in Besieged)
              Frog Chorus is out because it's Besieged NM only, and Frog Song is most likely out because all it really is is charm. Providence is basically an un-dispellable Refueling, so that's probably out too. Frog Cheer is just Memento Mori. That leaves us with Water Bomb and Magic Hammer. My bets are on Magic Hammer, though Water Bomb is certainly possible.
              Soulflayers
              Mind Blast - Cone damage + Paralyze (wipes shadows)
              Mind Purge - Single target, dispels all buffs (including food)
              Immortal Shield - Magic shield effect (enfeebling spells/songs still land)
              Immortal Mind - Magic Atk. Bonus and Magic Def. Bonus
              Immortal Anathema - AoE Curse
              Tribulation - AoE blind + Bio (39 damage/tick)
              Mind Purge would be too overpowered, Immortal Mind is just Amplification all over again, and I doubt we'll get AoE Curse (nor would I want it, it'd be pretty useless and would just get resisted more than 1000 Needles). Mind Blast is quite possible, and Immortal Shield doesn't seem *too* unlikely (the duration would probably just be short). Tribulation is possible too I suppose, though I wouldn't want it, personally. If I had to choose, I'd go with Mind Blast. So far our only Paralyze-inducing spell is Frost Breath (or the possibly of it from Reactor Cool's ice spikes ), and that's not very practical.
              In the end, I only have 2 comments. One: they better make some more convenient soulflayers to learn from, cuz even without the flood of BLUs trying to learn it when it is first released, there is a serious lack of them, not to mention that they are VT-IT at 75. Two: from a storyline point of view, learning an ability from Soulflayers seems rather dangerous... any BLUs who have done their AF3 quest should know what I mean.
              Okay, I lied... I have a third comment. I hope we get moves from fomors (don't even tell me we have Dimensional Death; fomors and shadows are completely different, in more ways than just TP moves), orobons, and puks (it's too bad White Wind is only used by NM puks in besieged ).

(EDIT: this forum doesn't like paragraph breaks apparently, so I put in periods to preserve them. )
              Last edited by Kyrial Arthian; 12-16-2006, 02:50 PM. Reason: Formatting fixes.

Rank 10 All Nations
              Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
              Assault Rank: Captain
              Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
              Unique Quests complete: 465
              Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

I heard you can already be turned to frog... is it true?
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
                X