Blue Mages are being tweaked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Mages are being tweaked?

I heard the BLU will be tweaked so it's not so over-powering as it is now. Does anyone know if that's true?

Re: Blue Mages are being tweaked?

blue is not over power after mid 30 or so. it's all player's speculaton.

wouldn't be surprised if bloodgeon got adjusted a bit tho since it's pretty strong for its mp cast. the thing is its damage doesn't scale up as you level higher so past a certain point there's no need to use this anymore.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I agree. The only time I thought BLU was overpowering was during a Bludgeon marathon. Otherwise it seems pretty standard at higher lvls. As in almost on par with a DRK or a THF in terms of big shot DMG. Again, this is only my speculation and not anything concrete like parsed data and 50 SS.

However, I did see some SCs of BLUs get chain 3 or 4 solo at the 75 lvl.......I don't know how accurate those are and I havent' expereinced it first hand. So I can't really comment on it. *sigh* Wish they would hurry up and put in AF so I can keep leveling ; ;

Comment

I dont Think was overpowered much 30+ I'm 45 now and use Bludgeon every now and then primarily as a Finish move . I've found that my Solo Renkei does considerable amounts of damage. I have a rotating macro set just for Every elemental Renkei + MB .

I do LOTS of Darkness based Renkei's that do great damage. I can usually do a Gravitation and Death Ray MB for about 200+ and 150 on MB without thf SJ.

I use headbutt alot though , I now have 2 Stuns Blitzrahl and Headbut they make a monster basically do nothing haha. Still havent tried blu eon a BC run But I hav eused it on an ENM.

The Diremite ENM and the Fire in the Sky ENM. Worked beautifully in both.
        It's Official Promathia Hates me....
        それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
        Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
        A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

At level 75, depending on gear and enemy level (say even match), there are other Jobs that can chain 3-4 solo. Superb Red Mages can solo IT's (takes hell of a long time, but doable). But I would say that Blue Mage is a good all rounder already as it is.

One thing I like is that it still depend a lot on the player behind the Job. If I do not already have a DD, and have Sea access, I am pretty tempted to level Blue Mage.

Comment

When a BLU can heal faster and for more than my Cure 4, while DDing better than I possibly can, and probably enfeebling just as well or better, it needs to be tweaked.

RDM 75/WHM 38/BLM 37/DRK 37/NIN 37/PLD 37 -- Cooking 96.7+1
            Image by Askannyi
            LoneGamer.net

Comment

Yeah but unlike most of the other mages jobs, BLU spells get resisted a lot on IT mobs, doing our spells on T and E mobs are very efficient but party wise, the effects of our spells is gimped on IT mobs (which what most people do in parties).

Generally Blue mages are flexible, to be able to heal as good as a healer, probably would BLU/WHM for divine seal, for DD many choices availabe etc...Blue mages do a bit of everything but we don't really specialize in anything except being rather good in most situation.
              Last edited by Awilo; 06-28-2006, 09:50 PM.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Blue Mages are indeed flexible, but I really don't think there will be any need for tweaking anytime soon.

With my experiences as a BLU (Now 56) against IT mobs...
                My Jet Stream does anywhere beyween 0-90 damage (w/o THF JAs), among other spells, on IT mobs. The Black Mage beside me can do much more, like, 7 times what I can do.
                Landing a Geist Wall can be a pain unless doing it in a skillchain; mine is resisted 50%~90% of the time, depending on the mob.
                Jettatura? That terrorize only lasts a second.
                Pollen is useless after 11. As a 67 WHM, I know the ins and outs of cures. So from 11-58, you have a useless spell.
                The Blue Magic Points system also is a balancing factor, which means you have to choose spells very carefully.

I don't see why Blue Mage even needs tweaking. Perhaps the Blue Mage has one considerable advantage--the awesome DoT it has.
                Almost four years experience playing FFXI. I am a Raccoon, not a Hyena--despite my name states I am one.

Get creative and pretend these happened.
                Flaremoogles! Maester Hare HNM Fight! Charmander HNM!

Ow...

Comment

We do , have great DoT abilities. I love chaining dark magic Bursts.. and th etotal of everything + MB is usually in the 350-450 range.
                  It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                  それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                  Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                  A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Blue mage damage with /THF and Sneak Attack is a force to be reckoned with in XP parties. But from what I can see at end-game I don't see them being useful as DDs at 75 since their spells can sometimes be resisted, and it costs a fortune in MP to use them.

Blue magic support magic, on the other hand, is quite cool. It'd be interesting to see just what people come up with on that front as far as new tactics using the enfeebling and support spells (Frightful Roar, for instance).

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by LoneGamer
                      When a BLU can heal faster and for more than my Cure 4, while DDing better than I possibly can, and probably enfeebling just as well or better, it needs to be tweaked.
                      In that case it is us who need a boost, Tier II enfs, Refresh II or at least Refreshga, Regen II and proper JSE for lvl 70+, etc.

"Adjusting" BLU will only make players unhappy.
                      sigpic
                      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus
                        In that case it is us who need a boost, Tier II enfs, Refresh II or at least Refreshga, Regen II and proper JSE for lvl 70+, etc.

"Adjusting" BLU will only make players unhappy.

Yes, it's about time that all those job "boosts" started to trickle into actuality. I'm pretty sure they had something for everybody, with the exception of the 3 newest jobs, and we've seen, what, 2 of them? PLD and WHM? I'm thinking THF and RDM are ready for something to change.

Comment

We'll have to see what the next couple of weeks brings to all the "old" jobs. I do think all the mage jobs need to be tweaked in some sort, just to be refreshed and to keep up on par with BLU popularity (can't swing a stick without hitting a BLU nowdays).

As for BLU being tweeked... it could happen. Out of all the new jobs BLU is probably the most well thought-out and balanced one they created. Unfortunately, it also is showing glaring faults in the rest of the mage jobs and makes them seem lackluster.
                          The last remaining evil white mage on Ramuh.
                          Killing tanks since 2004

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
                          "I can picture in my mind a world without war,
                          a world without hate.
                          And I can picture us attacking that world,
                          because they'd never expect it."

Comment

I really have no major issues with the way BLU work overall right now, but I do think some of their spells could use some alterations.

There's no reason that Geist Wall should have such horrible accuracy at dispelling effects, for instance (and on the flip side, Bludgeon is just ridiculously good for a short span of levels). Jettatura's miniscule duration doesn't jibe well with the way it works on players, even when the hippogryffs are relatively low level, and the way Pollen doesn't scale is criminal, considering that I've seen Volcanic Wasps in Ifrit's Cauldron use the move to recover over 1000 HP...

Icemage

Comment

At this point in time it seems to me that BLU is one of the more balanced and capable jobs then the other two new ones. From what I've seen of it, BLU is very versitile and can do just about anything that a party lacks. Also, I've seen a BLU DD, and the numbers they can put out over time are quite impressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X