X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AF Armor = Useless for Tarus?

Originally posted by Feba View Post
    No, i'm not. Read more than the first two sentences in a post- in fact, that's why I put this at the front, to make sure you'd see it.

To Raydeus, I suppose it's possible to with friends, but that's not really any better than gilbuying, and you're still gimping yourself. There is NO WAY to level your first character in FFXI to 40 without gimping yourself, either through skills, armor, or skill in general.

Otherwise, there is no way to get 40 in a week without gimping yourself, as a first time player.
    So in other words if friends give you gil to help you out as a 1st time player thats the same as buying gil?? I guess being generous and helpfull is a bad thing?? So how are you gimping yourself if you're with friends. You have experience all around you that can rub off...that is not being gimp.

Feba, you can niether confirm she's gimp buying gil or she purchased the account. Just like Don Imus assumed the the rutgers womens basketball team were nappy-headed hos you did the same by assuming Chanty purchased gil and purchased a acocunt. I want an apology to her and and you to resign from the forum.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

all the complaining and finger pointing aside...

simply put (you can find out the detailed calculations at ffxiclopedia.org)

skill is better for resists. the more skill you have the less resists you will get.

int is related to dmg, increase your int and your dmg will increase with it.

and srsly, keep out of ppls business, who cares if they level to 40 in a week. its no skin off your back.
      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Chanty View Post
        I'm not avoiding doing the quest at all. I've only played this character for a week, and she's already almost 40. Heh. I'm not worried about leveling, I just had it in my head that +INT over weighed the stats of Elemental +#. Now more of less, I just feel flamed. But regardless, thanks everyone for clearing this up for me.
        It wasn't intended as a flame, but when you say "useless" it can leave people with the impression you intend to pass up something crucial if you can find a reason to. Other forums would tell you its useless, which isn't true at all.

A lot of allegedly experienced players go around telling newer players such-and-such gear is useless when all they're really doing is stroking their ego about some expensive gear they have. Its misleading and leads some lower level players to think they don't need this stuff, so they try to skip it.

I realize I can be pretty negative, I'm just used to questions being phased with the term "useless," so sorry for the misunderstanding.

Comment

Think of it this way; it means you got more MP for back up / emergency curing.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

While it is a little odd to get to 40 in a week, my post will stick to the armor parts:

The most important piece of AF for BLM is the hands, hands down. You cannot pass that Elemental Skill up. The damage and accuracy added by 1 INT is roughly equivilant to 0.5 skill and 0.5 MAB. So it basicly comes down to +1.5 Magic Attack Bonus & Elemental Skill, versus 15 Elemental Magic Skill. Thats 5 times as much, not to mention the -Enimity and +MP. The Legs and Body offer similar boosts, but for Dark Magic and Enfeebling Magic instead of Elemental. The hat offers more INT then Seer's and the -Enimity is really nice. Feet are meh unless your in Ballista or Brenner. Even then they're not that good. But you have to get them in order to get anything else. So get them to.

Also, get the Elemental Staves at lv 51. At first glance a good wand may look better, but they have a hidden stat of +10 Magic Attack Bonus and +10 Magic Accuracy for their corresponding element, as well as -10 MAB and MACC for their weak element, I.E. casting Blizzard II with an Ice Staff is a good idea, casting Aero III with an Ice Staff is a bad idea. Ice and Dark are manditory, don't ding lv 51 without them. The others are optional, but highly reccomended.

EDIT: By optional I don't mean to ignore these, I mean you don't need then at 51. I would have all 6 by 65 or 70 at the latest. The HQ staves ARE optional, mainlyt because of their pricetag. But if you can afford them, get them. An Aquilio's Staff will do more for Ice Spells then anything else in the game. Just remember that you'll be using all 7 elements, so +5 MAB on all spells is better then +5 MAB and MACC on ice spells.
            Originally posted by Ellipses
            Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
            Originally posted by MCLV
            A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
            More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
              Ice and Dark are manditory, don't ding lv 51 without them. The others are optional, but highly reccomended.
              Light Staff and Thunder Staff should be mandatory as well. =/ The staves are cheap enough now for every mage to get a full collection, I think.

BLM/WHM can help out with the curing, and no Tarutaru BLM should let a day pass by without threatening LS members with a few Thundaga III...
              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

its entirely possibly to get 40 in a week, I did it as BRD.

But then, that was BRD.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post

But then, that was BRD.
                  >_> I hate you.

Last time I muled all my BRD30 stuff over, I sat in Jeuno for 2+ hours without invite before logging off. Invite rate was horrible for me after Lv.25.

One would have thought that Ballad is my free ticket to any party I'd want. Heck, I had fantasized that people would make a party just because I was seeking on BRD... /sigh
                  Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                  yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                  Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                  leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Leave it to Feba to make assumptions..

On topic though, you want to get AF. It's nice to have as opposed to seers gear. Plus you look like a real black mage too. Something else you want to have, like everyone else is saying, are the elemental staves. They add 10% potency and the HQ's add 15%.
                    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Exactly, as BRD, not your first time playing.

And i'd like someone to point me to where I made any assumptions. The people who actually read posts won't find it.

Feba, you can niether confirm she's gimp buying gil or she purchased the account. Just like Don Imus assumed the the rutgers womens basketball team were nappy-headed hos you did the same by assuming Chanty purchased gil and purchased a acocunt. I want an apology to her and and you to resign from the forum.
                      All I have to say to this is LMFAO.

And yes, I believe that giving large amounts of gil to new players is doing them a very large disservice. Friends giving friends gil is fine, giving a new player a load of cash and PLing them is gimping them.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                        And i'd like someone to point me to where I made any assumptions. The people who actually read posts won't find it.
                        Sorry I couldn't read between the lines.
                        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Sorry I couldn't read between the lines.
                          Don't read between the lines, that's white space.

Read the lines themselves. Yes, lines, plural, as in more than one.

Comment

Apparently Feba, you read between the lines yourself. I stated on one of my responses that I USED TO PLAY ON A DIFFERENT SERVER. This is NOT my first character playing FFXI. I moved to a NEW SERVER RECENTLY to play with friends. I'm new to BLM. NOT FFXI. Please re-read my posts before trying to keep defending yourself in this.

I do want to take this time to thank the people who were kind enough to help me out.
                            Yes, The Person in my Avatar is Me.
                            --
                            Hi. :]
                            My Name is Tiffany.
                            [Tarutaru] [Power] ! [Backhand Blow] [job] [Please Assist!]

Comment

reading between the lines shows the reality of the world. reading letters that were printed on page doesn't make them all 100% factual. one example being martin luther king jr. he was a great man and was the biggest member of the civil right movement, portrayed by almost virtualy any book you find on him as an honest and good man, when in fact he had affairs with multiple women and also plagiarized multiple works of other members in society. there are books that have this info, but in reality with all the books ive read in school, NOT 1 has ever had this info in them. so when you say read the lines themselves feba, make sure you look for the truth between them as well.
                              "Oooo oooo, Mr. GM, that guys fishes a lot.
                              Oooo oooo, Mr. GM, that guy camps the guilds all the time.
                              You know what?
                              Shut the hell up."

Comment

>_> I hate you.

Last time I muled all my BRD30 stuff over, I sat in Jeuno for 2+ hours without invite before logging off. Invite rate was horrible for me after Lv.25.

One would have thought that Ballad is my free ticket to any party I'd want. Heck, I had fantasized that people would make a party just because I was seeking on BRD... /sigh

I'm right there with you on that one. When I first took my BRD to the dunes it took TWO WEEKS to get out of there and into Qufim. Somehow there were always 3+ other BRDs my level online, and even at times when it was just me I rarely saw invites.

That was over a year ago though.
                                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X