This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain/Aspir records?

I'm curious to know what you guy's Drain and Aspir highest records are on XP mobs (VT/IT not on mobs 30 levels lower than you) I'm only level 26 right now but mine are:

Drain: 79HP
    Aspir: As of 25+I've yet to fight an XP monster that has any MP yet, I hope its good

Re: Drain/Aspir records?

As RDM60/BLM30 my highest with drain is 140, give or take a few, and about 80 with aspir. I did them on MBs though

Comment

I don't know what my record is with BLM. But I do have DRK51, and RDM54. My record on EXP mobs was 221 on a Magic Burst with DRK51. A non-MB with RDM54 was 155HP.

I've MB'd Aspir twice, both times with DRK. First time I was Lv.32, Dark Magic wasn't even close to cap, and it was 38MP. I've since MB'd 66MP, but my Aspir record is 78MP as DRK while farming. I'd say 60MP is my record against EXP Robber Crabs.

My Dark Magic is cap'd at 158 for DRK51, so it's also cap'd for RDM up to like Lv.58 or so I think.

I really wish they would show how much damage Drain does, even if you're at full HP, or you Drain past full MP. I've had a number of times where I've Drained 25HP, but the mob died and I know it had more than 25HP left in it. But because I only had 25HP to recover that's all it showed. I would really like for S-E to "fix" that.
      Odude
      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

lol my drk is 43 and my magic is capped and on a MB once against something or another i got 180 with drain :-D and then with aspir i think my best was ..... 60 or something and i forgot what to ... wasn't a beetle because they resist dark magic ... dunno what it was

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Beetles have a resist Dark magic? I've gotten some good Drains from them, as well as Absorb, but I have gotten some completely resisted Absorb-AGI on beetles. But when I'm farming in Sauromugue Champaign, I always get my HP and MP back from Beetles. And I got my 78MP Aspir off a beetle there.
          Odude

SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

well they don't always resist .. but when ur partying in CN and ur drain only drains 10 hp ... now u'll know why lol

Comment

Honestly, when I leveled DRK, I completely avoided the CN. We were tired of the lag, and fighting over mobs, so we went and fought Gobbys in various other places. So I've never run into that. And when I partied there as RDM, I never had to use Drain. Dark magic was already cap'd from DRK leveling, so I didn't bother casting, but I did notice that I rarely got more than 15MP back from Aspir, but I just chalked that up to the mob being much higher than me, and didn't pay attention to it.

EDIT: NEW RECORD
              In my party in Kuftal Tunnel tonight, I seemed to keep pushing my Aspir record. I actually broke my personal record in consecutive Aspir casts. Going up to a new record of 81MP. Gotta love when Aspir "pays for" a Refresh, an Aspir, and a Drain!
              Last edited by tdh; 10-27-2005, 01:45 AM.
              Odude

Comment

Drain about 90+ and Aspir it was about 30-40 i guess in exp pt, without mb but on worms

congratz to those high Aspir :D
                Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

My highest was a 350+ MB Drain (Darksday) on an Apocalypse Weapon (IT, High Defense) at 71 and 103 MB Aspir on Cancer (NM Crab in Kuftal Tunnel) when I was at 66.

Comment

My highest on rdm was 149 Drain and 72 Aspir x_x Could never tell if I got anything higher by mbing drain cause I was never low enough on HP when I did so.
                    My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Originally posted by Balfree
                    Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

I can consistently Drain for 200+, and Aspir for 100+

I've had Drains and Aspirs in the 300's before.

And this is all on IT's, too.

Who says Galkas can't be Black Mages!? ^_^
                      All Nations: Rank 10
                      Rise of the Zilart: Complete
                      Chains of Promathia: Complete
                      75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

MY AVERAGE ASPIR IS AROUND 80 (AT LVL 62 BLM)

HQ staffs, elemental seal usually saved for aspir on mobs that have MP.

ion what my max drain is, prolly around 200, i dont drain very much because 75% HP lets me use my +10 mab ring.
                        Why be like someone famous when you can be like me.

Comment

A friend lv. 70 BLM when we party to EXP our NPCs he has Aspired for 70-100 and Drains 150-200 normal. His MB with my NPC and myself making the SC has done a 200 aspire once and 350 drain.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I don't aspir or drain if I can't MB it. Simply a waste of MP. Once, when I was 2/3 HP full and used drain on an IT weapon, I got 3 HP back. I'm assuming the damage was also only 3.

Sometimes I wonder, for a DRK, if you need to also cap elemental skill. Because, when you think about it, Light and Dark are still elemental since a monster can have resistance to them.

Comment

i've never MB Drain or Aspir and unlike Enhancing, Enfebeling and Elemental which are all capped, Dark is ~158

Drain + Elemental Seal > Trapogan (Bibiki Bay) 105 Hp right after convert. ~60 w/o ES

Aspir + ES > 80 normally 40-60 w/o ES

10mps to return 40-60, hardly a waste of mps, and even if it resists and I get 9 back, still worth a chance for skill up.

to prove somone wrong that said Drain doesn't damage the mob if you're at full hps, I went around and 1 shot lower level mobs and it returns 0 damage b/c i was at full hps. of course every mob had more than 0 hps. i did that as ~18 blm b/c a party member in dunes refused to believe that my drains did anything while i was at full hps.

EDIT: yes, I meant Elemental Seal. lol I've been leveling whm recently >.>
                              Last edited by Enialas; 12-03-2005, 08:19 AM.
                              Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                              G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
                              San Doria Rank 6
                              ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

Working...
                              X