Fame for Aspir quest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fame for Aspir quest.

How much fame do you need for this spell? It currently runs for 100k+ Not worth buying :sweat:. So I thought of questing it. But does anyone know how much fame you need? I actually gave 200 beads and it's still not enough @_@;;
    Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

Merits - 98
    Goldsmith - 85.2

beads? the yaguno necklaceo_O? that thing is for Tenshoudo fame, not windurst.

Easiest quest is the Cornette quest in Windurst Wall. Buy Cornette from Bastok's music shop for 250 each maybe? And trade it to Yoran-Oran which gives you 200 gil back. Repeat it like 40 times should be good enough for aspir quest

bastok needs to be #1 or #2 for the store to sell cornette btw.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

100k on your server? Wow You need a good amount of fame for it, not sure how much though. And like Jei was saying, Cornette quest is probably best.

Comment

It's Rank 4 or 5 fame, though it's been so long I cant remember which one was which (I believe it was 4, and Warp 2 was 5).

Another option for fame gain if you're low on gil, or dont want to spend alot of gil doing it, is Sardine runs! Basically you stock up on Sardines, then go to Port Windurst by the fishing guild and talk tot he Tarutaru there that wants a Sardine. This quest is repeatable, but you have to change zones between each trade, so zone into Windurst Waters then come back and do it again! Ahh.... Sardine runs. The memories :sweat:

Fuk it, Cut the cord...

Comment

beads? the yaguno necklaceo_O? that thing is for Tenshoudo fame, not windurst.
          No, it counts for Windurst fame, too.
          All Nations: Rank 10
          Rise of the Zilart: Complete
          Chains of Promathia: Complete
          75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

Re: Fame for Aspir quest.

Several things:

1) Its rank 3 fame in Windurst.

2) Do corrnettes if Bastok is 1st or 2ed, or do sardines. Will take 40ish runs of either to gurrantee the rank for it.

3) Necklaces give both tenshodo and Windurst fame. But it is very little Windurst. Infact it is about 1 1/2 fame ranks of windurst for the amount of Tenshodo needed for Utsusemi quest. (rank 5 i beleive) So it really isnt worth it. Sardines are my favorite because you can buy em form the trader right there, or from the AH for about 1-2k. but the upside is that they can stack unlike necklaces and cornettes. But prepare for 2-3 hours of running to windurst waters and back.

(i did this quest 2 days ago, so its all fresh in my mind) =]

Comment

I'd actually go the Yagudo bead necklace route. You're gonna want Norg fame, too.
              All Nations: Rank 10
              Rise of the Zilart: Complete
              Chains of Promathia: Complete
              75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

doing yagudo necklaces will take forever and a day. Just do cornettes or sardines like everyone else suggested.

and for norg fame, do zinc ores. it's much faster.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Yeah, if your new to windurst and havnt done any quests at all, it takes aproximately 50 Cornettes, which is about 12.7k gil if you buy from Bastok Music Shop in Bastok Markets(Only possible if Bastok is 2nd, or 1st). Once your done trading all 50 which takes like 10 minutes counting trips to mog house, you get back 10k gil,200 gil for each cornette, so it only really costs you 2.7k and your time.

Don't forget to do teacher's pet quest, which requires bird feather + 2leaf thingy, you can easily get one outside of zone for Windurst waters from tiny mandys with a lvl 1 job.
                  RDM 50/SAM 38/WAR 24/BLM 27/WHM 30/SMN 50/DRG 23/NIN 20/MNK14/PLD14/BRD12
                  Shiva,Ifrit,Ramuh,Leviathan,Garuda,Titan Obtained.

Comment

100k? That's crazy!

Windurst is home for me, all I needed was people to go with me and get the items. After an hour of nothing, and a number of near deaths, we said "f___ it" and we bought the damn test answers.

I was Lv.19, in a party that was driving me nuts, I was trying to drop a Paralyze scroll I had gotten from drops, and accidentally dropped my Aspir scroll!!! So I had to go buy it, and at the time it was only 34k. Which was a pain in the butt, but not 100k. Then again, since then the prices on Lakshmi have sky rocketed. Nothing's cheap any more... /sigh
                    Odude
                    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

can someone please tell me what you have to do for the actual quest?

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

MAN!

This is actually the next quest on my list to do. Sells for 300k in Sandy right now...unfortunately I need the scroll. My LS mates will love to get their hands on it tho.

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
                        DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
                        BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
                        Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Comment

Originally posted by Auroch
                          can someone please tell me what you have to do for the actual quest?
                          Clicky.
                          Ellipses on Fenrir
                          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                          . . .

Comment

Thank you very much Ellipses

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

I just spent 250k on that scroll. Why? Well, because I started playing 3 years ago, and black mage was on my "jobs I'll never play" list. -.-;;;; So, I sold it for some 40-50k, and had to buy it back at inflated costs.
                              BLM75 RNG65 BRD50 NIN37 RDM37 WHM25 WAR25 BST21 THF7
                              Cooking83
                              Elemental Magic Skill Merits 1/5

Thanks to Kazuki for the awesome sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X