Carpenter's Landing*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpenter's Landing*

Reserved for information on Carpenter's Landing.

Re: Carpenter's Landing*

Excellent area from 16-20 in the North Landing right out of Northern San d'Oria.

I came here at 20 but from what I can tell the bees are the lowest mobs out there..still conned EP though at 20. The flytrap further in are the highest.

The main targets are poison funguar and beady beetles in the early levels. Use them both as pets and targets. As you gain the levels keep fighting those as they will still be DC at 20 but as you go further in charm pugils and take down all orcs in the vicinity to reduce any links. Also take pugils against Flytrap. I only recommend the DC-EM flytrap though but if you feel like charming a couple of DCs to take the T go ahead.

The funguar link, not sure about the beetles. The Orcs link as always, pugils link, and flytrap do not link.

Mobs to watch out for include the Orcs, Bulldog Bats which con DC at 20, the occasional Thunder elemental, and the occasional bomb.

The bomb is EM-T...two types spawn. TAKE THESE DOWN. They offer 100+ exp always and just keep throwing mobs until it uses Self-Destruct.

Basically what I did at 20 was take down DCs and charm a DC pugil and fight along side to wipe out all the orcs so I don't have to deal with them.

Tons of mobs around and 2-3 people can easily exp aside each other. DO NOT take ferry across unless you want to encounter IT mobs and no ride back. Also if you are leveling carpentry talk to the NPC near the ferry and he sells logs for very cheap, not sure if they are infinite in stock though.

Comment

Salvage from allak:

F-9/10
      22-24
      Stag Beetles (20-23), Battrap (23-27), Fosse Pugils (22-24), Marsh Funguars (2-24)
      against
      Stag Beetles (20-23), Fosse Pugils (22-24), Orcs (Curesemakers, Fighters, Serjeants) (21-25), Ghouls (21-25), Marsh Fungaurs (20-24)

29-30, Diving beetles and shriekers against diving beetles and shriekers

Comment

16-18, you should be doing beetle on fungar, bee on beetle, bee on funguar action. be prepared to bring antidotes and echo drops.

at 18, pugils and bats start becoming to the point you can charm them. they rip orcs like candy. also at 18, glide bombs strictly con Tough, and con even match starting at 19. Save all even match pets for bombs if possible. I highly recommend several max-potions in your inventory (at least 5-10) in case you do get hit with that heat wave attack from the glide bomb as without them, the burn effect is lethal, and glide bombs tend to hit much harder than the other prey. (note: i nearly died 4 times to them, 1 from the heat wave, 2 from doing pet swaps, and the 4th when I tried to melee without a pet when it was at 1%)

at 19, most of the pugils will con even match range, and it is time to begin pugil on flytrap action. don't forget to save even match pets for glide bombs, and save good quality pets for even match-tough orcs.

unless its an emergency, don't charm toughs. if you beat a mob with a charmed pet that cons tough, the XP cut increases from 30% to roughly 50%. the only tough that you might have to charm, if anything, is the bats. don't melee bombs at all, they got an heat wave attack that inflicts an status effect that does 5 dmg a tick, and you want to stay out of the aoe of self-destruct as much as possible.
        Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
        Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Working...
        X