Why are you a BeastMaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you a BeastMaster?

Hi all, new beastmaster here and I'm wondering what motivation is there behind leveling a beastmaster.

I can see the appeal of being able to gain exp whenever you want, however you want, and whereever you want; but what else is there to be a BST? What other advantages are there?

Can BST's solo missions? Assaults? EM's?

ENLIGHTEN ME!

Thanks.

Re: Why are you a BeastMaster?

I'm not a BST but... It would be funny as hell if you could control Bahamut. XD

Comment

Originally posted by DLaren View Post
      Hi all, new beastmaster here and I'm wondering what motivation is there behind leveling a beastmaster.

I can see the appeal of being able to gain exp whenever you want, however you want, and whereever you want; but what else is there to be a BST? What other advantages are there?

Can BST's solo missions? Assaults? EM's?

ENLIGHTEN ME!

Thanks.
      There are various things we can solo on missions, quests, NMs and in EXP. I wouldn't say we could solo every last thing because no one really can solo everything. If we could, then there'd be no point to the team element of the game.

The other things that appeal to me about the job is the challenge of soloing your levels, the ability to function independantly and all those lovely beastmen and kindred seals I get to keep for myself, amoung other loot. BST probably has the best profit potential of any job outside of THF.

Comment

getting all these women!thats y i b bst!
        i still get on here....even though it might not happen often i do!

Comment

Uh... Huh?

Comment

So i didnt have to party with noobs like Tats, an Dark. Sadly thats the truth..

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

I wanted to be a Bst since before I got the game. I liked the idea of the job more then any of the others. I like the fact that I can solo whenever I want to as well as pt when I get the chance.

Created by Eohmer
              IT'S NOT THE SIZE OF THE BST IN THE FIGHT, BUT THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE BST!

Comment

I picked bst up a few days ago to duo with a friend. I didn't intend on taking it much past 37 but the job has grown on me, upto 40 now. Exp in a duo now with the signet bonus is nice, and we generally get better exp than most parties I'm in at that level.

I like the job for farming as well, widescan is nice, and I can help my pet kill mobs while I hunt down the next one. It's kinda like farming in a party except I keep everything.

Working out nicely too since I have a friend thats at 97 cooking, so I'm not spending a ton for jugs and food.

As far as soloing, I havn't tried much. I have a couple bst in my LS that have impressed me a lot. He's soloed the Graiton NM, as well as Pallas and Alky. And does quite a few BCNMs in a duo with a whm or rdm from the LS.

But time for work so I'll stop ranting, over all I just think it's a fun job that allows a lot of flexability in gameplay styles.

Comment

Well, I picked up BST again after the signet change (only 23) primarily for 2 reasons.
                  1. I ran into a recent stint of lfp for 3 hours while trying to level a subjob only to get a pt and get the ole diconnect when zoning issue. So I thought it'd be good to level a solo job until we all got that worked out and then found out I really liked it.
                  2. Sometimes I only have an hour or so to play, not really worthwhile to find a pt with minimal time available. I'd rather lfp when I have 2+ hrs.
                  Last edited by Jethreal; 03-26-2007, 08:39 AM. Reason: reformatted -wall of text-can I have it?

Comment

I picked bst for three reasons: 1. My online friend and I can duo together without having to worry about finding members for party. 2. I like the fact that bst can solo mobs/missions/etc. 3. It is easier to obtain Beastmen seals, Kindred seals, and other drops. ^^

Comment

I chose bst because of the ability to solo many things including leveling.
                      To answer orignal poster's question about assault, technically, no job can solo because you need at least 3 people to enter assault.

Comment

Dunno why I became so interested in it. Some how it made me stop meriting my drg and all of a sudden I'm already 24 lol.
                        "If love be rough with you, be rough with love."

FFXI Name: Mercutio | Server: Midgardsormr | LS:Valor | RNK10 | Jobs: 75WHM-75SMN-75DRG-75BST-64RNG

Comment

Only BSTs can learn to use Voltron's sword.

Though seriously, it's mainly for money, being able to solo exp, and yelling I'M A BEASTMASTER!

BRD72 BST58 Windurst 8
                          Got to charm em all!
                          lolemobst~Veve~

Comment

Because pets are the most reliable party members :D.
                            BST66

Have you hugged your Taru today =)

Comment

Heya! Im also a new bst, my main reason for starting bst was the fact that even if I only have an hour to play, I can log in and start exp'ing and leave when I need to. And this means that if I didnt hit the dirt too much that exp session I can make slow but steady exp each time I log on

Comment

Working...
                              X