/nin or /whm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: /nin or /whm?

Ikaridono: I know now that there isn't a sneak ninjutsu, thats why I put a (?) right beside it lol.

Also, most of our JSE is what I'm talking about when it comes to that statement. I wish that they come out with more Attack/Battle gear for Beastmaster.

I also never said that /NIN sub shadows block all of the AoE moves, that why i put some in the sentence.
    Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy VII

Which FF Character Are You?
    Samora Windurst Rank 8
    {Tarutaru}{Power}
    BLM75, BST45, NIN37, WHM36, THF25,WAR17, SMN10
    Sylph Server
    BLM:
    AF: 5/5
    Zenith Mitts: O
    Rostrum Pumps: O
    Iquira Weskit: O
    Moldavite Earring: O
    Sky: O
    Sea: X
    Cooking: 85

Comment

once you cap axe, /nin will get u killed in most areas, or you burn thur so many powders it not even funny. then again if you go into a new area you need both invis an sneak. so why shell out all that gil, when you get free refills on my.

/whm for everything

/nin for sky, Dyn, an merit parties.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Blue

Blue mage should of been included in this poll because blue mage sub is a very good sub for beastmaster. Although I feel that all three jobs white mage, ninja, and blue mage have their own advantages at different levels.
        Total chaos is only possible without foundation in who you are and what you do.
        Muffin says what?!?!

Comment

as other have said you should add situational
          Weeee of Kujata(Main)
          PLD 75
          Ninja 75
          RDM 75
          THF: 75
          RNG: 75
          BST: 75
          BLM: 70
          Mule1
          BLM: 75
          Mule2
          THF: 71
          Heeeeeee(RL GF):
          Mnk, BRD, WAR ,BLM: 75
          Cooking: 96
          ClothCraft 94+5
          http://staronionbrigade.com/ My Blog

Fyi: No Excalibur or aegis(working on aegis) rest is legit ;o

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaridono
            Originally posted by Samora
            even though most of our BST gear are more /WHM based
            Gaudy Harness and JSE is all I can think of. Otherwise we get the same melee gear a Warrior does.
            The entire Bison set adds a ton of MP (60+) as well, Tamer's Gloves adds MP (20) and a few others... just can't remember.

Back on topic, I use /WHM full time soloing since I can't find a reason to use /NIN at all. I bearly take hits when I exp even when I switch pets... If I'm really in trouble, I usually break out the Earth Staff and soon a Jelly Ring as well.

Elffy the untamed beast... ...master!
            BST75/RDM73/WHM51/NIN40/BRD38/WAR37/BLM37...
            Paragon of Beastmaster Excellence
            Paragon of White Mage Excellence
            Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
            My quest for a very full wardrobe continues...

Comment

Situational.. but more /whm than /nin.

I did /whm 1-24 and 50-67, and /nin 24-50 and 67-70. I usually don't like to change what I'm doing, because I need different equip for each.. but sometimes the other one just works better in one situation, and I stick to it for a while. Aht Urghan non shadow wiping aoe camps(colibri, puks) with sanction regen are also great for /nin. In one pet per fight camps, /nin allows me to dd near to my full potential without taking hits. With proper equip and equip swaps, it speeds up the killing a lot. However, if your hp is going down regularly, so you need to rest, /nin is no longer worth it.

Comment

Like most BSTs that have replied, it's situational for me as well. As far as plain ol' EXPing, I've used /WHM, /NIN and /PLD all about the same amount of levels as a sub. I have between 40 and 50 levels on all of them as subs. I personally like /WHM better because it's more versatile, but I've no probs switching to /NIN for EXPing.

/PLD just isn't as good as a sub once a BST hits Lv30. Divine Seal and the fact that Cure 2 starts to actually be worth the MP it costs to cast make /WHM etter than /PLD post-30. The -na spells start paying off between 30 and 40 as well and this helps. I've no idea how the new Refresh PLD gets works because I quit playing before that was offered. But it does sound like a nice benefit. But, IMO, /PLD is the best sub for BST until Lv30 of the BST plans on subbing /WHM eventually and 24 if the BST plans on subbing /NIN.

/RDM is nice too I've heard, though I've never used it. I can definately see the perks of this sub when fighting Crabs, Antica or anything with a bigtime DEF buff.

One thing I seem to differ on is using /NIN in Sky. I did just the opposite because I killed Pots instead of Dolls. Dolls I kill seem to be programed with an anti-Meltdown mechanism to where maybe 1 in 10 Dolls will use Meltdown. Blazing Spikes for around 10 dmg per swing of your Axe makes /NIN hurt. I don't have a Gaudy Harness, so I couldn't dual wield Rune Axes for the nice Regen tick. But, even if I had Gaudy + Rune Axes, /NIN would've slowed me down drastically.

Finally:

/waves to the Siren BSTs and all the BSTs I know from other forums.

EDIT: Added some stuff I forgot.
                Last edited by Climhazzard; 08-03-2006, 08:12 PM.

Sig created by THE Cesario.

Comment

I've no idea how the new Refresh PLD gets works because I quit playing before that was offered.
                  PLD gets auto-refresh at 35. But by the point, WHM has gotten quite a few more boosts.
                  Lyonheart
                  lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                  Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                  Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                  Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                  Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                  Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                  Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Working...
                  X