10-32 in 4 days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-32 in 4 days...

is that normal for a new bst? i only play about 2-3 hours a day...
    Last edited by Shep; 05-22-2006, 09:11 AM.

Balmor: Elvaan Male San D'oria Rank 7
    BST 70 WAR 56 NIN 35 THF 30 MNK 30 PLD 22 DRG 19 RDM 13

Malag: Tarutaru Male Windurst Rank 10
    BLM 75 WHM 37 BRD 20 THF 16 BST 14

Re: 10-32 in 4 days...

If you thought it was normal, you porbably wouldn't be posting here asking if it was normal. =P

|Spoonysal| |Rank 9| |Midgardsormr|
    {BST 75} {BLM 65} {BLU 53} {BRD 43} {WHM 37} {NIN 37} {SMN 36}
    \m/ O.o \m/ Hokuten Knight \m/ O.o \m/
    ~BST in training
    Current love: BLU!

Comment

I call bullshit.

Unless you partied the entire way there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep
        is that normal for a new bst? i only play about 2-3 hours a day...
        so you are saying in 8-12 hours u lvled 22 lvls... hahahahahahahahahaahahaha.... ok ok... lmao lmao!!!! not without a very good plan and a couple of PL's

Comment

Hmm lets do a chart

Current Level/Exp Needed to Level.

10/2400
          11/2600
          12/2800
          13/3000
          14/3200
          15/3400
          16/3600
          17/3800
          18/4000
          19/4200
          20/4400
          21/4600
          22/4800
          23/5000
          24/5100
          25/5200
          26/5300
          27/5400
          28/5500
          29/5600
          30/5700
          31/5800
          32/5900

Now entering all the exp needed to for each of those levels you get a total off: 101300 total Exp.

Now you say you played for four days for about two to three hours each day. Lets say best case scenerio you exped the max of three hours per day.
          Thats 4x3=12 hours of total time spent exping.

Divide 101300 by 12 and you get a grand total of:
          8441.6666~ exp per hour. But I like round numbers so lets say that's about an exp rate of 8450 exp per hour.

Those are the numbers.

Now I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and you are not here to brag about a very questionable achievement but rather instead are asking if it is possible to do so.

Since no where in your post you said you are a level 32 BST. I'm guessing you're still level 10 and wish to level BST to catch up in lvl with another friend of yours in game and simply want to know if its possible to catch up to them in 4 days with a time schedule of 2-3 hours a day.

With that said. At that level I struggled with 2k an hour, with quite a few deaths there and there. Some days were better and some just weren't. At the steady pace of 2k an hour you are looking at 50 hours of work. And putting the average party at 5k an hour, that's about 20 hours.

So I hope that answers your question.

If you aren't asking a question and just here to brag. I fail to see the purpose of this thread, unless you want to type a guide as to how you did it for other BST's to benefit from.

Comment

Well, in his sig he does say he's a 32 BST, so I'm assuming he is claiming that he did this. I doubt it though, at least without a constant PL or party play.

Or you know, if you did, spill the secret dude.

Comment

I'm sorry. My post did come off kinda cocky; not my original intent. I was asking if this was normal for a BST to lvl fast, if you have the gil to buy top notch gear and supplies. I do have a PL, but I play as both myself and the PL. I guess I should have stated this in the original post, but I am at work and my break was over.

If you thought it was normal, you porbably wouldn't be posting here asking if it was normal. =P
              Well, I lvl everything rather fast because a couple of my friends and I kinda static. So it could be normal to some, while abnormal to others.

I call bullshit.

Unless you partied the entire way there.
              I have yet to party as a BST or NIN. I find soloing to be far more enjoyable than joining parties that could either potentially suck or be the greatest thing ever. I just choose not to take the chance.

so you are saying in 8-12 hours u lvled 22 lvls... hahahahahahahahahaahahaha.... ok ok... lmao lmao!!!! not without a very good plan and a couple of PL's
              Already stated about this.

Well, in his sig he does say he's a 32 BST, so I'm assuming he is claiming that he did this. I doubt it though, at least without a constant PL or party play.

Or you know, if you did, spill the secret dude.
              My secret for everything about lvling fast isn't really a secret. I just try to find a place that is loaded with worms and go to town. I have a pet fight one while I fight another.

Once again, I'm sorry about the way this topic came across originally. I just would like to know what kind of exp to expect from now on.

Comment

In a static I've gotten that kind of exp. I went from 10-30 in four days in my old static, but we had been playing together for a while and we knew each other's playing style very well.

BST play is generally solo, without a PL. So that's why people were a bit dubious. With a powerlevel, I don't see why you couldn't get that kind of exp, but then again, some may say (not me, I suck at BST so I'm certainly no one to judge) that you weren't playing BST "correctly".

Comment

Well then, I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt, but yeah this is just the DUMBEST thing to post about.

That's like me posting:

Hey guys I just went to the track and I did a 4 mile run in just under 2 minutes.

All the people who run track go:
                  Guy1>OMG you can't run five miles in 2 minutes that's impossible.
                  Guy2> That's humanly impossible, it takes a highly conditioned athlete to run a mile in ONE minute. You can't run a 5 in just TWO! BS!

The post go on and on and then I come back and post:
                  Oh, I wasn't running, I was driving.

Really I understand if you 'earned' that exp. The BST'ly way. But PL yourself is nothing to pat yourself on the back for. That's like me bragging to a 5 year old about my ability to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

What are you exactly looking for by posting this?
                  If you PL yourself and your 'semi-static', then yeah you're going to fly through your levels. Like if I chose to drive around a track instead of running.

Honestly I think you're selling yourself short. BST isn't a job to be PL'ed through. It has its own specific mechanics and playing style. Its like if I wanted to be a math major but instead of studying I just got the answer's and cheated.

The early levels of BST is what I like to think of the 'learning' levels. As a BST alot of things can go bad and at early levels when exp loss is laughable, as you die and die you learn how to...not to die when things go wrong.

If things don't go wrong you don't learn how to handle the situation when it occurs. Thus yes you'll level faster but skill wise you'll be sub-par to a BST who wasn't PL'ed for a majority of their levels.

Now if you plan to be a PT BST where you have 5 other people around to bail you out of a bad situation that won't matter as much. If you plan to solo/duo where if you make a mistake you are essentially on your own. Good luck.

Comment

I know it took me a week to get 19->20, with 2-3 hours a day, more deaths than i could keep track of XD
                    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I'm plodding away with my bst at 15ish (I bounced the level for a while), and i can do about 2k an hour - which to be honest, kinda suits me, so not complaining. Friends even ask if I want a pl, but since I hate it on any job, I automatically say no...

Anyway, I am hoarding all the seals I can get

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                      "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

The problem with using a power level is that you can come to rely on them. Then suddenly if one day you find yourself without a PL (which you will eventually) you can find that you suck really badly since you have no real experience.

Comment

As Shoren posted with those wonderful numbers doing 10-32 with a PL takes 3-4 days depending on how long you play.

Lord knows I've pushed through the dunes n Qufim as fast as I could, just so the "noobs" in the jungle wouldn't give me /butthurt x100.

and as Shep posted in his Quotable post... I don't really have much to add...

other than my opinion on a PL'ed Bst...

it's like a NIN without Tools.

a PLD who doesn't Flash, voke OR Cure.

a WHM that doesn't cast Regen, or have Erase.

a RDM that doesn't Refresh or Debuff.

a DRG that doesn't jump or Call Wyvern.

a BLM that can't time AM's.

a SMN that doesn't use thier blood pacts.

a THF that uses Clubs (ON EVERYTHING) and doesn't SATA.

a MNK that ALWAYS uses Staff, and has a 0 for H2H cuz "STafF is Teh Bombz".

a WAR that uses Daggers.

a RNG that Only uses PEBBLES.

a DRK that doesn't cancel thier JA's and uses GAXE only.

a SAM that is clueless about WS's and uses a Katana because he "Looks cool with it".

a BRD that sings EVA+ and DEF+ only because "He doesn't want to get hit".

and I can't say much about BLU COR or PUP cuz they've not been around long enough for me to make a "a --- that does ---"

so yeah, if you got to 32 by PL I suggest this before you get to 35.

STOP POWERLEVELING YOUR BEASTMASTER!

please, you'll be a better player for it. Trust me, the only time I've ever PLed myself was when after noob pt, after noob pt, after noob pt, that I get so angry and short tempered I'd throw 5 DD's together and lay waste to entire zones... but back to the point...

if you can make a post (and you prolly will cuz hey it's the internet and you can say your 10ft tall, bulletproof and can poop icecream, and who's to say you can't...) saying that "I know how to play bst, you need to gtfo and stfu."

I'll call BS! why? because I know BSTs on the Remora server that have been PL'ed to 40 with no knowledge of how to avoid aggro, what intimidates what, how to lose hate when you're 10/850, doesn't carry pet food, doesn't have jugs, but has all +1 gear...

ok I'm done, I've been rambling a bit and can't think of anything constructive to had, and my Malevolence has started to boil abit. I think I'll vent a bit more by hitting a few orphan children with a sack of kittens to make my day a lil more joyful... (but what do you think that would sound like? the crys of an orphan mixed with the sound a sack of kittens makes? o.o)

above image has not been photoshopped
                          yes I have no life, yes those are my jobs
                          reason blu/cor/pup aren't lvled is... well... I have a girlfriend now

Comment

I think I'll vent a bit more by hitting a few orphan children with a sack of kittens to make my day a lil more joyful... (but what do you think that would sound like? the crys of an orphan mixed with the sound a sack of kittens makes? o.o)
                            DUDE! Your post actually had sort of a point up until here

Powerlevelling your BST will just leave you high and dry when the mobs get too powerful for your PLer to handle and you have to learn how to play the job from square one - with mobs that kill you in 3-4 hits.

Playing solo with bst is less about what the number by your job says and more about learning the tricks of the trade, which you won't if you Warrior With Pet it up from level 10 to level whenever.

-sam

P.S. Like a BLU that doesn't know any spells aside from pollen,
                            Like a COR that never Doubles-Up for fear of Busting,
                            Like a PUP that never buys upgrades.
                            "And NO sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find... I shall kill you." -Stewie Griffin

My job levels and goals.

Comment

I know how to play BST without a PL. My friend is a 7? BST and has told me everything about the job and how to do certain things. MY only real plan on PL'ing myself was to get "Leave" and then go solo after that. After that, I only plan to bring the PL along for R2 and 3 when needed.

All my RL friends and I all have eachother's account info, so we can use eachother's characters whenever the others aren't on, so I have played BST in the 50's and a couple times in the 60's.

Comment

Working...
                              X