Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something I've noticed about how BST are treated...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I've noticed about how BST are treated...

I've recently been leveling BST on my taru character and I've found that I enjoy it more than I did on my elvaan. Yes, less HP means I die faster, but meh, I'm having fun. ^^ I stopped leveling elvaan BST about 8 months ago, at lvl 25, mainly b/c I got sidetracked by other jobs. I decided to take it up on my alt, so that I can just go exp for a few minutes here and there w/o worrying about running to town, changing jobs, doing missions, etc.

Now my taru is 23 and I've noticed something. Besides the obvious racial differences, the biggest difference is in how OTHER players treat me. Let me explain what I mean:

On my elvaan, I went to pashow to level. There was a farmer there and he kept yelling at me to leave his mobs alone, even though I had not yet charmed or fought anything. I ignored him and just went about my business. Later on I went to the beaches in Bubu. A couple of people were there farming leeches for the ruby, and again, they yelled at me before I'd done anything. There were also many other random times where I got /tells like <Beastmaster> <death> <Yes, please.>

On my taru, I've leveled in taronghi, bubu, jugner... many of the same exact camps. Not once have I ever gotten a nasty /tell. Farmers either ignore me or move away, often tossing me a prot 2 or a cure as they go. Other bsts usually respect my camp area and move on once they see I'm there. Not once have I lost a pet to a farmer or a party or another bst. I keep expecting some hostility but none so far....

Am I just lucky? Has the opinion of BST changed on Fenrir? Or do people just think I'm too darn cute to yell at? :spin:

I just thought I'd share -- has anyone else been treated differently when playing the same job on a different race?
    74 DRG/ 69 RNG/ 62 RDM/ 51 NIN /50 SAM

Easy way to see is try your Elvaan BST again and see how you are treated.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Taru beastmasters are adorable. As is mostly everything taru's do, so to many players, seeing a taru gives them a subconcious impression that you are a kid.

This can be both good and bad.
      "We're all stupid, so lets go adventure in our ignorance together!"
      http://www.cursetheyagudo.org/db/db....prof&name=Cade

Comment

with great cuteness comes great responsibilty... or something like that.

it's a double-end sword tho, yeah tarus can get away with lots cause their so cute, but we also get a lot of hate from others.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

its more like poeple get upset because we end up using 2 mobs, then possibly taking a 3rd. kinda why i stay away from mobs that are farmed. but sometomes im like. " hey i can exp an farm at the same time."

i do notice higher lvl players running by an training most of the mobs. especially in valkum. its sad cause im the only 1 in the area. an i know 3/4 of the mobs drop nothing good.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

After level 35 a GOOD BST won't use up any more mobs than a group. I've gone entire levels using only 1 or two individual mobs as pets... So if you're recycling pets, you're basically only using as many mobs as a party + 1...

I really don't care how people treat BST anyway though - BST are great at surviving, it would take alot for someone to MPK a BST...
            Mikeb Hume - 48 BST / 23 WHM / 29 WAR / 37 MNK

Comment

I treat high respect to any BST even race. I rather not have mobs dropped on me
              With that said, taru BST are too cute. Hard to be mad at cute kid in a goat out fit :sweat:

Comment

Originally posted by Koroco
                I treat high respect to any BST even race. I rather not have mobs dropped on me
                With that said, taru BST are too cute. Hard to be mad at cute kid in a goat out fit :sweat:
                lmao a goat out fit.. thats to funny.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Maybe because they couldn't see you this time round. XD

Comment

Re: Something I've noticed about how BST are treated...

I must be a cute hume ˆ.ˆ cause i havent been sent a mean /tell... Lucky me i guess...

Comment

Yea.. i used to be spoiled rotten when i first started FFXI years ago, Always giving me money, buying spells, armor, etc.. people treated me like a cute lil kid.. That can blow up anything that pisses it off... >_>
                      (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
                      sigpic

Comment

Since I've played my BST to 15 I think I know a bit of how hard it is, I treat the bsts I see with respect and often help heal/haste them if they're around my party.

Comment

thats because all other races are mpk'rs
                          Taru never mpk,

and are the only true BST race,
                          the rest of you filfy non taru are bad, and evil,

taru for the win!
                          honestly, a taru with the AF1/2 helm just melts the coldest of hearts,
                          example you ask?
                          Last edited by GASGUL; 09-23-2005, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Haha, there's a Taru BST on Fenrir that is a notorious MPK'er at HNM camps, Gasgul :D He also plays BRD. but I've seen him MPK with his BST. ^^
                            Last edited by Kailo; 10-25-2005, 06:23 PM.
                            Kailo(Elvaan):[75DRK], [37THF], 37WAR, 37SAM, 37RDM, 37NIN
                            Current Mission
                            â—‹San d'Oria [M8-2] - Lightbringer
                            â—‹Zilart [ZM14] - Ark Angels
                            â—‹Promathia [PM4-2] - The Savage
                            -----------------------------------------
                            "Better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!" (°~°; )

Comment

lol taru's are nice and sweet, lol till they stab ya in the shin. lol but seriously bst dont gte much hate, i think thf's and other melee get yelled at the most if they mess up or start training mobs, even in dunes with the opther lizze camp, that no one uses lol, but bst seem to be a fun job i might pick it up in my free time when lvl'ing drg and rdm get me no were

60rdm/52drg/40thf/36pld/35drk/32blm/29war/24whm/24smn
                              what next, ehh you decide lol, maybe bst? ^^
                              66rdm/70drg/48thf/42blm/37pld/43drk/43war/28nin/24whm/24smn

wanna party? sure
                              wanna do a bcnm? great
                              leveling bst in your free time cuase you cant not get party as drg??? priceless

Comment

Working...
                              X