Mordant Rime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mordant Rime

Even 50% CHR mod isn't that stellar unless you're toting double minuet and some +attack gear to boot (and probably food while we're at it). If we're talking about say... soloing an EM mob as brd/nin or something, you're proooobably not gonna get your attack high enough to worry about CHR outperforming it.

...if I know anything.
    "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

I agree but for some pieces like Osode/Gleeman's Belt/Goliard Clogs you get some additional decent boosts along with the CHR. Jester's Cape +1 would be a tough call, while Amemet +1 will still likely be the best bet, 2-3 base D from one slot is a pretty hefty amount.
      Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

So, BRD/WAR or BRD/THF?

I can just imagine the kind of jank you could pull off with a Brutal earring proc off a Sneak Attack, but having 15% DA and Berserk will likely give better averages.

Also, assuming double minuet (IV and III) I'd go with the Jester's Cape +1. That's a hell of a lot of CHR and BRD can already give itself well over 100 attack from double minuet.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

/THF will give the most e-peenis-stroking numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
            Edit: My main pooptastic point at the moment is the large CHR mod kind of makes it a pain in terms of picking a good body piece, you basically have Heca Harness vs. Bard's Justaucorps vs. Osode(and possibly Assault Jerkin). The CHR loss on AF2 body pretty much overwrites most of what you'd get from the STR and DEX, though there's still a healthy chunk of attack and 4~ Acc. The Heca has much more acc and a few points of fSTR, but no attack, which is sort of an issue for BRD. Osode seems to be the best all around option, especially since a career BRD is likely to have one anyways, but it again is kinda skimping on Atk.
            Farm Dyn-Tav until you can get a Brd. Justaucorps+1 and problem solved XD? What? I never said it would be likely, but it would get rid of the negative stats on Military Parade.
            Last edited by Gobo; 11-10-2008, 05:30 PM.
            sigpic
            Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

I'm assuming Fredjan had some nicer gear than I do, I have what I thought was a rather solid Mordant Rime set together aside from the mainhand weapon, tried out Lesser Colibri as /NIN, and topped out at 1200ish with a DA proc.

Normal:

DA:

My setup was:

Dancing Dagger/Joyeuse/Instrument
              Optical Hat/Thunder Gorget/Hollow Earring/Brutal Earring
              Kirin's Osode/Hecatomb Mittens/Woodsman Ring/Omega Ring
              Amemet +1/Gleeman's Belt/Choral +1/Goliard Clogs

Assuming they must have been working with at least a Blau, there's only so much more that could be done in the other slots. I tried a bit more CHR here and there in the hands/back/ear slots and didn't really see noticeable improvement. Going to see if I can drag some LS mates out to a COR/BRD x2 party and try it on Greaters with some real buffs and see if it can hold up at all to higher mobs.

Really want a Blau now
              Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Can someone post a link to its animation? I havnt seen it yet.
                Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
                  Just use it in Dynamis to help get you some points.

I can only imagine the shit you would catch from your sacks for that.
                  You can't get WS points in Dynamis, sorry.

Images of all Mythic WS:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34LEgE9hNJs"]YouTube - FFXI New Mythic Weapon Skills[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                  X