New Player//Bard Asspirations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Player//Bard Asspirations

I really want to know if this set up will be good for the journey to 75 BRD//WHM

Ok So im starting out with hume for the CHR later on as bard..first im going to start out as a blackmage to the level of 18 then when i get to 18 and get my sub job i was going to go WHM/BLM to level 37...

Second Question- When i choose my starting area witch would be the best for leveling quicker and more parties to help level better..
    Carbuncle..

Re: New Player//Bard Asspirations

Sounds like a good plan to me. I would go with either Bastok (home nation for Humes) or San'doria.

Good luck to you and welcome to DIV!
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteMage View Post
      I really want to know if this set up will be good for the journey to 75 BRD//WHM

Ok So im starting out with hume for the CHR later on as bard..first im going to start out as a blackmage to the level of 18 then when i get to 18 and get my sub job i was going to go WHM/BLM to level 37...

Second Question- When i choose my starting area witch would be the best for leveling quicker and more parties to help level better..
      (1) Race doesn't matter for Bard - at least not the CHR part. The difference is minimal no matter which race you choose, and there is such large amounts of +CHR available in gear along the way that the racial difference basically amounts to one item slot. Pick a race that you can stand to look at for many, many, many, many hours, not because of the stats it affords you.

(2) Rest of your levelling plan seems OK.

Icemage

Comment

Any of the 3 nations are equally as oportune as the rest all offer their rewards and downfalls. typically they can be classed as

Windy: Mage
        Basty: Light Melee
        Sandy: Heavy Melee

Personally i would recomend Bastok as it is nearer to the common leveling areas of your current jobs. (Valkurm Dunes, Korroloka Tunnel, Eastern Alltepa Desert).
        You will also receive yor nations ring for added stats early on.

sig courtesy tgm
        retired -08

Comment

TGM and Icemage pretty much covered it, only thing I can add, if anything, is don't set your heart on one job til you've tried them all.

WHM is a good sub to finish to 37, though, and it will come in handy for other things, but once you're 30 with a reasonable EXP buffer, go out there and unlock all the jobs you can and give them a spin, you may be suprised to find there's something you'll like better than the job you set out to be.

Comment

Besides, CHR isn't as important to BRD as people think it is. Yeah, you definitely need it but it gets 3rd in priority over spells (#1) and +1 instruments (#2)

Having those instruments to power up your songs is what will make or break you as a BRD, not a couple more points of CHR. And yeah, start in Bastok for sure if you wanna be a hume for the above reasons.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

If you're doing IT++ mobs, CHR is always a neccessity. CHR gear really opens up in the 40s and you should always try to carry 1/2 your natural CHR in gear when facing IT++ mobs. When mobs skew down to Very Tough and Tough is when CHR becomes a lesser concern for BRD.

By the way, regardless of what I may have said about CHR, the Monster Signa with +8 CHR is a an overpriced piece of trash. Various stats cap out early at low levels and when you get it, it does less good than it advertises. By the time its useful, Light Staff outclasses it handily.

Comment

Not to mention Chanter's Staff
                sigpic

Comment

Well thanks guys glad to come home from school to see answers lol..

Yeah so about those weapons ill have to keep that in mind later on so i dont buy those =]

and i guess Hume/bastok it is even tho i got a 73 whm friend gonna help me out by porting me everywhere lol
                  Carbuncle..

Comment

The main instruments you absolutely want are;

Cornette +1 (+5 Attack, +24 seconds to Minuet songs)
                    Traversiere +1 (4 Accuracy and +24 seconds to Madrigal Songs)
                    Horn +1 (2% more Slow and +24 seconds to Elegy Songs)
                    Mary's Horn (lengthens duration of Lullaby by about 12 seconds. It's expensive tho)
                    Faerie Piccolo (2% more Haste to March Songs. Worry about this one in the 60's)

The others are all rather nice but those are the main songs you'll be using. If you can afford it, it's nice to have a Piccolo +1 as well as a Siren's Flute. The +2 to Requiem sadly only increases it's duration, and not the damage/tic. And the Ebony Harp +1 can be pretty sweet during down time (+2 to paeon)

BRD is by no means a cheap job. The people that claim it is just suck at it and don't want to fork out the gil for the good instruments. Gemshorn +1 can actually come in quite handy as well if you decide to use BRD for CoP. There are a few missions where having as much evasion as possible (like 6-4 Airship fight and mammets) really, really helps.
                    sigpic

Comment

^ as an addendum to the above, it should be noted that both the Horn +1 and Mary's Horn add significantly to the accuracy of their respective offensive songs (Elegy, Lullaby). Even if you buy no other instruments, these are the two you should definitely get.

Icemage

Comment

Wasn't sure if they actually improved the accuracy or not (hard to test for that sort of thing), thanks for clearing that up Icemage ^^

I always just went with +1 instruments from the get go. Seemed like the thing to do ^^ (odd that of all the jobs BRD is the one job I instinctively picked up on (in terms of how to play the job to it's fullest))

Idk, buffing the job's spells just seemed to stick out as being really important. I didn't actually research and find out for sure until after playing the job for a while.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X