Brd with Cor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brd with Cor

I know both are great support classes, but do Brd and Cor group well together?

Re: Brd with Cor

Depending on the make-up of the rest of the party and what you're fighting, etc., the answer ranges from "Yes" to "Absolutely."
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

Short answer... yes!

In party situations, it's a little bit better than a double-bard setup - the BRD can play double March, and the COR covers attack with Chaos Roll and then choose between Samurai Roll and Fighter's Roll. Also, Light Shot is one of the most effective Sleep effects in the game and it's insanely better than Lullaby because the resists are MUCH lower.

For endgame, COR is an absolute monster. It can do everything - pull, help with kiting, buff melees, sleep and dispel. In a party with a BRD the combination turns a melee party into a Special Forces unit. Put a COR and a BRD together in a party with BLMs, and you double the MP pool while increasing the entire party's shock-and-awe value simply by the combination of Wizards Roll and Threnody.
      Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
      Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
      Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

I think Olo's trying to say he wants to merit his BRD with my COR >.>

But yes, for practically any setup they compliment each other well, better than 2 BRDs do because of COR's different buffs. At 75 if you have a COR, a BRD, and a RDM, you could fill the other 3 spots with mediocre-geared BSTs and PUPs and still pull 10k/hr most likely.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Bard + COR + Sanction OMG YES!!!

I got into a group hunting Corbi(sp?) Bhaflau Thickets as a 64 BLU/THFThe PLD and I never had to rest for mp. There was enough mp refreshing for me to CASATA Dimensional Death (On the PLD), then Frentic Rip, SA Dimensional Death (on the PLD), then Frentic Rip again. I had full mp at the end of every fight. I change my tactic to Red Lotus Blade, CASATA Death Scissors (On the PLD), MB Death Ray, Frentic Rip, Frentic Rip, TA Dimensional Death, Frentic Rip. By time the the Cor pulled another Corbi or Crawler, my MP was full. A party like that will probably never happen to me again.
          Last edited by Losrase; 12-13-2007, 07:01 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention I had Sanction up
          PSN ID: Kelshan
          Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
          Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
          sigpic

Comment

The only problem with a BRD + COR setup is that when I type...

/sea all COR

I only find like 3 people.

Now assume a TP-Burn Meripo setup with NIN/DD/DD/BRD/COR/Healer

What do you roll and what do I play?

It's obvious that our healer is going to be very happy with Double Ballad + Healer's + Evoker's, but what about the melees?

A 20% Bard Haste combined with our healer's Haste for all will bring us to a lovely 45% base Haste notwithstanding gear or double Minuet if we've got Rangers.

Is COR's roll choice highly dependent upon who's in the PT?

Warrior = Fighters?
            Samurai = Samurai?
            Thief = Rogues?

Is Drachen Roll worth sacrificing one of the above for if there's a DRG in the Party? Puppet Roll? Beast Roll?

What if our healer is a Summoner?
            Last edited by Sabaron; 12-13-2007, 07:40 AM.

Comment

wow, thank you all for the responses! A friend of mine wants to level up his Cor and I'd like to try Brd but we were afraid that they wouldn't group well together. You all put that notion to rest ^_^ Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
                A 20% Bard Haste combined with our healer's Haste for all will bring us to a lovely 45% base Haste notwithstanding gear or double Minuet if we've got Rangers.
                Yes, you'd double March, as COR has no Haste roll(yet! >.>)

Is COR's roll choice highly dependent upon who's in the PT?
                Yes again. Although if no jobs are in the party that match the good rolls, I'd use 2/3 out of SAM, RNG, or DRK, depending what the party needs. Usually it's going to be SAM + DRK though.
                Is Drachen Roll worth sacrificing one of the above for if there's a DRG in the Party? Puppet Roll? Beast Roll?
                No, no, and no. DRG roll is extremely situational and is usually used with SMN or PUP pets for the best effects, BST roll does better in a SMN party for larger fights, and PUP roll I've used once ever, in a petburn party. In most cases giving BST or PUP melee roles will have a greater effect on their damage output than giving their pets rolls.
                What if our healer is a Summoner?
                Same as any other healer SMN + WHM rolls, except they get more MP/tick. Lucky them.
                Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Best parties I've had in merits were COR + BRD + RDM + 3xMelee. With good players, the pacing is just stupidly fast, to the point where you seriously can run out of mobs to kill.

Estimate average in those occasional parties at around 20K+ per hour, with the number peaking as high as 24K/hour if everyone's firing on all cylinders that day.

Icemage

Comment

Short Answer: Does a bear s*** in the woods?

One thing people are overlooking here is that BRD + COR also opens a better rationalization to use Corsairs Roll in merit PTs at high level, epecially if you have RDM healing and hasting the PT, then BRD can shift down one march in favor of minuets or madrigals as needed.

Comment

... What level are we talking about here? And, it is exclusively for full exp party or does the OP plan on some small group work?

Not that BRD + COR is a bad combination, but it's lacking in duo potential, and flimsy for two legs of a trio.

At lower levels, parties may desire an extra healer more than an extra support role job, so that's another consideration. After Lv.40+, it should be a highly desirable combination, but before Lv.25 I'd be inclined to skip the set and opt for more healer or DD.
                      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Never mind that if you have a DRK and WAR, Chaos Roll + Fighter's Roll is brutal with a bard to further buff them.
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                          ... What level are we talking about here? And, it is exclusively for full exp party or does the OP plan on some small group work?

Not that BRD + COR is a bad combination, but it's lacking in duo potential, and flimsy for two legs of a trio.

At lower levels, parties may desire an extra healer more than an extra support role job, so that's another consideration. After Lv.40+, it should be a highly desirable combination, but before Lv.25 I'd be inclined to skip the set and opt for more healer or DD.
                          Well, it's widely known that Bard and Corsair are both total partiers. Their power multiplies with more people, so neither one would be good for small group offensives in general. COR, obviously, being more useful in small groups because of it's higher damage output.

Bard also really doesn't shine until higher levels as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                            Never mind that if you have a DRK and WAR, Chaos Roll + Fighter's Roll is brutal with a bard to further buff them.
                            You have it backwards. Chaos Roll checks for two things before anything else (1) if a DRK is in PT and (2) Your existing attack and then buffs it further, which would also include BRD buffs. Since BRD's buffs cap at certain values, they're static. Chaos Roll is percentage based, so with a COR and BRD in PT - regardless of who buffs first, its the COR pushing that Attack stat beyond the static bonuses the jobs and BRD would give.

BRD can't buff Double Attack at all, they can just encourage it to happen a little more often through March songs, but its still the same Double Attack percentage it was before. Only gear like Brutal, WAR relic AF or Fighter's Roll will buff Double Attack's percentage further.

Comment

I'm aware of that BBQ, my point was it's a nasty combo as you end up with a crapload of additional attack as well as increased DA rates. The new cap on Chaos Roll is 41% with a DRK present right?
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X