Of BRDs and RNGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of BRDs and RNGs

Now you just have to get your party to lineup nicely so that the songs don't overlap.

I like the diagrams, nicely done

EDIT:

Woooooo, I foretold that you would make this topic, so I posted before you did to tell you that I would like the topic and what a nice job you did with the spiffy diagrams

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Of BRDs and RNGs

A BRD asked me today how to work with RNGs, so I made this diagram for him. I thought I would share it for the benefit of other upcoming BRDs (so I don't kill them):

(1) As you can see, mages aren't too much of a problem here.
    (2) NINs like haste, so march for them. Madrigal for him and the DRK, too.
    (3) Give RNG and DRK minuet. DRK loses March but retains Madrigal so he can actually hit stuff.
    (4) Viola! RNG how has Minuet x2 and is a happy RNG!

What about Prelude, you ask? Well, its nice at lower levels, but a higher levels when RNG have more accuracy traits, its kinda useless... and insulting. CORs probably wouldn't mind it so much, but Prelude annoys higher level RNGs. Now, Sky and HNMs, we won't argue Prelude so much, but in higher level EXP, no thank you, Sir Bard.

I hope this information has been useful (so I don't kill you.)

Comment

Re: Of BRDs and RNGs

haha. I love the second diagram. XD
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

XD Those are awesome. Great diagrams!
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Fantastic usage of 8-bit goodness!
          Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
          Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
          Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            What about Prelude, you ask? Well, its nice at lower levels, but a higher levels when RNG have more accuracy traits, its kinda useless... and insulting. CORs probably wouldn't mind it so much, but Prelude annoys higher level RNGs
            qft

taru edit: i dont see why brds feel they need to give rng in merit pt prelude, its just more work for them in the end. if theyre going to give us a single target song, str etudes pls ^^
            Last edited by Omni; 01-09-2007, 08:39 AM.
            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I like the "Get a Parade Gorget (LolDrk0" comment.
              Thanks Kazuki.
              Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Wow Kitten... I lol'd so hard XD Great diagram!!
                A Day in the Life of a Taru

Comment

This is the setup I try and get on my BRD if I am partying with either a PLD, DRK or BLU if they want ballad:

Just realized, didnt put the brd at the bottom, but he/shes there... >.>;; if not they must already be out pulling.

Also, RNGs have sweet spots and tend to like to be by the mages in Ballad Range lately - I know mages are good company, but at the same time no one wants a magical Ranger. Yup, you get the etudes - and a cranky BRD at the same time.
                  Last edited by Aanya_Ramuh; 01-15-2007, 10:48 AM. Reason: oopsies
                  I dont suffer from insanity - I enjoy it.

Fun gaming stuff

Comment

Mages may be good company for a RNG, but not vice versa. RNG are too aggro-happy and often have the mob moving in their direction, which can be bad news for mages. (Take a couple steps, jamming wave...) Rangers, please pick your own direction to stand away from the mob, except maybe in narrow tunnels where all this positioning theory doesn't work so well anyway.

You have the cone drawn backwards, though. The point of the cone is at the position of the monster using the cone attack.
                    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
                      Mages may be good company for a RNG, but not vice versa. RNG are too aggro-happy and often have the mob moving in their direction, which can be bad news for mages. (Take a couple steps, jamming wave...) Rangers, please pick your own direction to stand away from the mob, except maybe in narrow tunnels where all this positioning theory doesn't work so well anyway.

You have the cone drawn backwards, though. The point of the cone is at the position of the monster using the cone attack.
                      I was being sarcastic on the mage company - its just one of those issues where right when I cast ballad I notice a ranger standing right there -.-;;

Ill fix the cone later today - also need to fix the angle of it as well

Found this information on the area of them today.
                      I dont suffer from insanity - I enjoy it.

Fun gaming stuff

Comment

Seeing those diagrams made me think of 8-bit theater, except FF11 style. I was actually waiting for more of the comic to unfold........... but alas......... T_T

Comment

ah, then, STR etude (in the instances where the RNG is missed) - kk

It was kind of funny, I think I recall that request (oh, so long ago!) when I had got all of the 1st etudes - everyone was saying 'oh, I want Xxxx Etude'

Here's something..

in the 1st few seconds when the 2nd 'level' +Int song 1st takes effect, i notice that it is a tremendously large amout in the first few seconds. Is that so for the upper level +Str song? If so, has anyone had significant results? If so, I wonder that a RNG might do a hefty WS at that instant. I'd experiment on that, if I could - but it'll be a few weeks, or so, b4 I might be able to get into the game or anythign like that. So, just thought i'd ask here. ^^

edit - typed "+Str" instead of "+Int" in the 1st instance
                          Last edited by Achaicus; 04-24-2007, 08:22 PM. Reason: made a mistake
                          while helping a friend with a HL level mission..
                          "np - just raise me again - Bard is still effective while cursed,
                          plus, just being a Bard IS a exp buffer"

Comment

Working...
                          X