What merits should i put into bard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What merits should i put into bard

I've reached 75 and mostly do Manaburn pts. What should i put my merits into?
    Need Yin Yang Rob!

Re: What merits should i put into bard

I meritted Lullaby Recast, Finale Recast, HP/MP, one into Troubadour, and one into Foe Swhatever...

Not sure if I recommend that for everyone, since I have multiple jobs. I chose to merit Elemental/Enfeebling Magic for my BLM/RDM rather than skills. Thats not for every brd...from what I hear if you are career brd, most merit singing. I also got 5 merits into HP and 3 into MP since I'm a taru.

I think it really depends on what you are going to do with the job. Since my ls does a lot of dynamis, and BRDs are considerred main sleepers, lullaby recast has helped me a lot. HP helps here too since I get the crap smacked out of me at times. My suggestion is to think about what you do as a brd, what your ls needs and merit accordingly.

Comment

If you mostly do Manaburns, Troubadour will probably help you more than any other merit. Doubling the duration of Ballad II greatly increases your ability to hit those chain 6++'s since it gives you more time to pull without affecting MP flow.

Nightingale can be handy to save you a few seconds of casting once in a while, not really as useful as Troubadour, but still nice when time is important. The rest of the merits are so-so at best for manaburning.

Icemage

Comment

I merited lullaby and finally recast and minute, then my other 20 merits went into MP and Crit hit, bard gets shafted when it comes to merrits if you ask me

Comment

Working...
        X