Can only get one song effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can only get one song effect

Are any brds having problems like this? My gf just logged on today and can only get one song effect. She on as main brd and no matter what she does she can't get more than one song effect active on her or me.

Re: Can only get one song effect

The second song requires an instrument equipped in the ranged equipment slot. It can be any instrument, but one that gives a bonus to the song is even better. ^^
    They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Did it always used to be that way or was it a recent change? I thought I remember it being two songs while singing too.

Comment

yup, always has been like that, so people couldnt sub brd, and have 2 songs >_> sneaky SE
        WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

Originally posted by yuukei
          Did it always used to be that way or was it a recent change? I thought I remember it being two songs while singing too.
          It has always been that way.

Icemage

Comment

Yep, it's always been like that.

Comment

Not that we don't want an "All jobs" intstrument, there just aren't any.
              4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Balodoth
                Not that we don't want an "All jobs" intstrument, there just aren't any.
                I've often pondered this, and my opinion is that this would shake the very foundations of game balance. Any subjob that has advantages that are either marginal or addressed by another job in the party (e.g., RDM/BLM in a party with a BLM/WHM)

The RDM+BRD parties would specifically become RDM/BRD+BRD/WHM parties. 4 songs instead of 3 makes a big difference. Melees get Minuet IV, Minuet III, Advancing March, and Sword Madrigal in addition to the mob getting Dia II and Gravity for lowered DEF and Evasion. Also consider that with roughly 20 Acc (10 from Sword Madrigal and the equivalent of 10 from Gravity's lowering of the mob's evasion) before gear, the melees can eat meat. Mages get Ballad II, Ballad, Ballad, and Refresh for 7MP/tick, along with and an Etude of their choice.

This would all be available by level 63.
                Dryhus, Elvaan male | Bismarck | San d'Oria 6 | Windurst 5
                62RDM/60MNK/40BLM/37RNG/31WAR/24WHM/20NIN/19BRD/...
                Woodworking 94.7+2 | Bonecraft 53 | Cooking 42 | Fishing 29
                Smithing 29 | Alchemy 27 | Goldsmithing 21

Bismarck Crafting Services
                My Skillcap Chart, printable on 8.5"x11"

Comment

Originally posted by Dryhus
                  I've often pondered this, and my opinion is that this would shake the very foundations of game balance. Any subjob that has advantages that are either marginal or addressed by another job in the party (e.g., RDM/BLM in a party with a BLM/WHM)

The RDM+BRD parties would specifically become RDM/BRD+BRD/WHM parties. 4 songs instead of 3 makes a big difference. Melees get Minuet IV, Minuet III, Advancing March, and Sword Madrigal in addition to the mob getting Dia II and Gravity for lowered DEF and Evasion. Also consider that with roughly 20 Acc (10 from Sword Madrigal and the equivalent of 10 from Gravity's lowering of the mob's evasion) before gear, the melees can eat meat. Mages get Ballad II, Ballad, Ballad, and Refresh for 7MP/tick, along with and an Etude of their choice.

This would all be available by level 63.
                  Subjobbed songs are (except in the case of Mage's Ballad I) all weaker than their main bard job counterparts.

Additionally, you can't stack the same song more than once, so the Ballad I's from a BRD/WHM will not stack with the Ballad I from a RDM/BRD.

Having played both WHM/BRD and RDM/BRD quite extensively, I'm of the opinion that you really can't make a whole lot of use of a second song slot anyway; there just isn't enough time to sing 8 second songs in between your other duties more than once in a while, so even if we could equip an instrument on a non-Bard job, I doubt it would materially affect our power levels.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                  X