3 Mil to spend, but on what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Mil to spend, but on what?

Hiya i'm currently a lvl 57 brd, and i have the normal equipment, light dark and earth staves, corsette +1, jersters cape +1, as well as all the +1 instruments. After a few bcnm's and a few astrals later, i have come into about 3 mil gil.

I'm curious as to what the best path to use the money is though. I hear terra staff is very worth the money, however not as useful in the later game due to fewer resists. Others have said to save for sha'ir gear. So i'm curious, what do YOU think is the best way to utilize the money? Thanks in advance for your replys

Cratharu of Diabolos.

Re: 3 Mil to spend, but on what?

Get HQ staves, they will serve you well.

You can always resell them when you find you may no longer need them. But they will be useful on your road to end game.

Comment

For main bards, I think Apollo Staff is probably more of a priority as far as XP parties go. Better stick rate on Lullaby is superior to better stick rate on Carnage Elegy IMO. Failing to land Carnage Elegy won't kill your party. Failing to land Lullaby will kill you.

Icemage

Comment

3 million?

Beer, Pies and Mithra. All the way. ^^

I might not level up much, but I'll have tales to tell when I'm teaching in Bard camp.

Comment

I'll definitely echo the Apollo's Staff advice. I used on on my BRD, and was very glad to have it.

Comment

Apollo's > Terra's just to reinforce what was said above. There's honestly not much to spend your money on at those levels though. If you're gonna be a BRD main the HQ staves are definitely a good investment and eventually perhaps a Wind and Singing Earring.
            A Day in the Life of a Taru

Comment

Unless you really want to spend the money, you could just save it for later. When you need gear upgrades, you could just buy them and keep leveling, instead of stopping again.

If you must spend it, you should consider getting yourself a toy, like a new dagger. Sometimes, those can be better than any EXP Item.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your opinions and thoughts As many have suggested, I went with an apollo staff. I have noticed a significant reduction on my lullaby resists, however i was still getting more than i seemed that I should. On suggestion of my linkshell, I bought a mary's horn and shelved my nursemaid harp. And might I say, what a suprise! I get maybe 1 or 2 resists an hour, and before I even had my string skill capped! So i have no clue, but it seems that wind will just stick better.

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions!

Cratharu

Comment

Originally posted by cratharu
                  So i have no clue, but it seems that wind will just stick better.
                  Yeah that's the theory. A lot of people don't wanna believe it (mostly because they sold the Mary's when they got Nursemaid's and don't wanna buy it back) but once they try it they usually realize that Mary's tends to be more solid when you really need the sleep to land. I still use my Nursemaid's for stuff like Dynamis though where landing isn't as much of a problem as needing the extra range.
                  A Day in the Life of a Taru

Comment

Mary's Horn definitely gets better stick rates on Lullaby, but lacks the area effect range of Nursemaid's Harp.

I'm not really happy with the way S-E has "balanced" String instruments. Longer casting range and effect is nice, but the difference in stick rates is extreme, to say the least.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
                      Mary's Horn definitely gets better stick rates on Lullaby, but lacks the area effect range of Nursemaid's Harp.
                      Well you learn something new every day and generally its from Icemage.

Do you have any research that you have done that shows the difference in resist rates? If its big I will go camp Stray Mary for another Horn.
                      - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
                      Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
                      My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                      X