X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question here

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.h...7314600&num=21

according to that site u would sing your songs to the party then disband and ???

why would u disband and how does that work..kinda get confused from there on..rofl

sac

Re: question here

it's talking about powerlevelling.

take a lvl 75 bard. join your friend's lvl 10 or w/e pt, sing songs to boost the pt then disband. your friend's pt then fights xp mobs with the advanced bard songs on them, having an advantage during the battle.

not a bad idea, i must say.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
    Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
    I live to entertain!

Comment

Originally posted by Sacrosankt
      http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.h...7314600&num=21

according to that site u would sing your songs to the party then disband and ???

why would u disband and how does that work..kinda get confused from there on..rofl

sac
      Right, it's for power leveling. And the reason to disband is that if a level 10 teamed with a very high level and killed level 10 mobs, the level 10 player wouldn't get any xp at all. But since bard songs only affect party members, you would need to party, sing, and then disband for the level 10 to fight on his/her own.

Comment

high level buffs last only seconds for low level player..

we done that a coulpe of times with some low mage friends and refresh

i don`t know what about songs.. i guess it has the same effect, but it`s worth a try
        Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

Originally posted by Last_Viper
          high level buffs last only seconds for low level player..

we done that a coulpe of times with some low mage friends and refresh

i don`t know what about songs.. i guess it has the same effect, but it`s worth a try
          No it doesn't have the same affect. That's the whole point of the linked thread. Songs have a constant pre set duration regardless of level.
          Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

i have no access to allakhazam, maked it hard to read the linked thread <.<

but yeah, i thought i wrote down that i mean that the songs aren`t the same, i guess i typed to fast...
            thx for the correction
            Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

Working...
            X