Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little help for bards (and their parties..)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Balodoth
    Icemage is correct. Pre-Ballad Madrigal is the best song you have. You'll usually Minuet since you already have a +2 for it. Otherwise, as long as you pay attention and use your sub effectively, you can't screw up. As the mob dies you can even set Mambo and Paeon for the puller. When you hit Qufim, just before Ballad, if your party does very many VT's you may want to double Minuet since ACC isn't a big issue. But really, you won't have many choices in the first place, so it's really difficult to be a bad BRD.
    LOL... I guess that's true, unless I dont sing, and just melee with my uber sword skillz... Now I just have to make it out of this hellhole they call Valkurm Dunes. It's a nice place... too bad all the noobs give it such a bad name
    FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner
    FFXI: Shiva Server

Comment

You also have another option to suppliment your party member's strengths. For instance, PLD is all about DEF, but at those low levels there isn't really a noticeable difference in damage taken. But if you can Minuet him, add to the DEF bonus he already has, you may get an extra chain on a regular basis. NIN & THF can use Mambo. Mages can use MND etude once you get it. And I should mention this is in addition to the standard Minuet & Madrigal for melee.

Your milage may vary, but at the very least it's good practice for positioning. But even at that level, you can do very well with almost any song. My LS said I was an idiot, but was suprised how quickly I entered the dunes by soloing BRD/WAR till 11. Minuet & Paeon kept me from any downtime, which just goes to show how quickly BRD becomes powerful. And to think this is all before you get Ballad, Prelude, March and others.
      4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

Re: A little help for bards (and their parties..)

Hmm with the current patch on RNGs where should the RNG stand..?

I usually prefer them in the range of melee songs between the mages/melee but this causes problems if i get a PLD tank. Any ideas..? RNG off to the side..? If its a cramped spot any sugguestions..?

Comment

I notice your diagrams don't include a THF.

So, combining all these issues, what would you recommend for a party of PLD THF RNG WHM BLM BRD fighting monsters with directional ws in a confined space (like processionaires, or worse, ovinniks and greater cockatrice)? XD

I definitely agree with the goal of getting ballad on the PLD, though. All PLDs are MP junkies whether they admit it or not; if you have RDM in your party in addition to the BRD, ballad is very helpful, and if you don't, it's essential.
          Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
          RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
          All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

The diagrams work for THF too as they are DD. You just gotta work it out and time it better too. Really good thfs that I've partied with develops a 'basic' pattern for their pulls and its rather easy to figure out when they're gonna ws, when they're gonna sata. A dead give away is when they go SATA, if they use that I'd refrain from casting ballad on them, if they happen to move behind the tank. Vice versa, thf will have to pay attention to the songs.
            ~Aquelia
            TaruPrime Powah!
            Chocobo Raising Diary: http://aquelia.waltzforariah.com

Comment

what sdillon said, were you expecting me to make a chart for every melee combination? i wouldnt be done with it yet i'm sure

the idea is the same, variety allways occurs, but the basis is there
              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
              X