X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minstrel's Coat vs Justaucorps +1 ?

In the Blue Corner! Standing in at lvl62! and 40lbs

In the Red Corner! Standing in at lvl58! and 37lbs

Both of them have pretty great stats for BRD, both more useful then the AF body piece they gave us, just wondering if having a Minstrel's Coat a upgrade compared to Justaucorps or does it balance out if you just have either or...

+3 MND and +3 CHR over +3 on your wind and string skills?

My feeling is that the Minstrel Coat is better. In a normal EXP party, I would rather the bonus to our song skills and evasion then the +3 to CHR.

Also, it just looks better the the uglaucorps.
    WAR - 26
    MNK - 11
    WHM - 37
    BLM - 20
    THF - 52
    BRD - 75
    BST - 26
    NIN - 48

Comment

Minstel's coat definitely, you can get that kinda CHR easily anywhere else, and at that level range all you need is +20-30 CHR to land most debuffs.

Comment

Had both, and to be honest, if there is a difference, it's not in any way significant...either coat I was wearing, I felt exactly the same.

If I had to pick just one, I'd go with the Justaucorps +1, because if anything, you can sell it once you're done with it (I kept my Justaucorps +1 for the occasional BCNM60...which you can't wear a Minstrel's Coat into, BTW).

And as for my Minstrel's Coat? Well, I ended up chucking it to make room for my Errant Houppelande.
        All Nations: Rank 10
        Rise of the Zilart: Complete
        Chains of Promathia: Complete
        75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

I'm probably the only crazy bard who likes the looks of the normal Choral Justaucorps. ^_^; Personally... hrm. Really, the stats on either are not a huge thing one way or another. The Minstrel's Coat is probably the biggest status item - it is a Rare EX drop, and it IS hard to get for some people, so I'd go for that one if I had the opportunity.

Also, the added defense on the Minstrel's Coat should not be overlooked, but in my personal playstyle (I tend to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for my mana pool all the time doing backup healing, status cures, curagas, etc) the Choral Justacorps rocks both of these for the Emnity -1, +hp, and +vit. The AF body piece has saved my bacon a time or two, when the PLD managed to pry a mob I was lullaby kiting off of me right before it could land the last hit (it turned after hitting the Paladin once, but I managed to drop a cure III on myself in that timeframe) and the defense and +vit are a big help.

Don't sell our AF body piece short. Especially if you're taking risks as a Bard in a party to help contain links and such.
          ~~~Rune Grey~~~
          Bard 67/WHM33 Bastok Rank 8
          All AF [x]

Genkai 1 - 4 = Complete!
          Current Zilart Mission=14
          Sky Pass=Obtained!

Comment

Working...
          X