This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRD vs Kirin

I'm posting this here since the bard forum isn't very active.

Can any high level Bards explain to me what their role is against Kirin or any of the lesser Gods? I mean, I know BRD is a "cast & wait, cast again" kinda job, but I want to know what kind of spells do you end up casting? Or if Bards are even very useful against gods. Thanks

Kibo (Asura): RDM 6 ::cwy::

wind threnody and ballad

Comment

Originally posted by mdn
      wind threnody and ballad
      This coming from a BLM isn't surprising. ^_~

Really though, I'm not a high level BRD and I've never done any Gods, but.. I would assume the usual things. Elegy, Ballad, Paeon on the wounded who are resting, Minuet and\or Madrigal on anyone meleeing\range attacking. Then of course Threnodies and Etudes, etc..

Comment

Post in the BRD forum and it will be active! :p

Moved to BRD forum.
        PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
        Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
        Currently Playing:
        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master
          Post in the BRD forum and it will be active! :p

Moved to BRD forum.
          *pwned* :sweat:

hmm, seems like BRDs cast a lot of their songs, or maybe they have too many so even 10% of them is a lot. oo;;

Kibo (Asura): RDM 6 ::cwy::

Comment

Give tanks and mages ballads. Give rngs preludes and/or minuets. Give mnks mnd etudes. Attempt to land debuffs on Kirin if possible. Paeon kinda useless for this imho. Hmm...thats all I can think of for now...I'll add more if I can think of it.
            Calin - Ragnarok

Comment

Here's what I (we) do against Kirin.

2 bards in alliance, each is leader of a non-tank PT. 1 makes efforts to bring in only MP users (usually has a RDM also) and the other bard PT is for melee. With all the running around it's far too easy to accidently overwrite songs, and this helps eliminate that problem.

Somehow in our LS the bards have ended up "leading" the damage portion of the fight, calling for people to come into alliance, and getting those with too much hate out safely. As we're the least likely to die, having leader is very helpful so people can be removed if/when they die ... and somehow I'm often finding myself outside of Astral Flow range when it goes off which is very nice also. Additionally, we can still function at about 80% while weakened if you are careful. I don't know if other LSs do this or not.. but it works well for us.

MP PT: spam ballad. spam again. use a harp for wider range. spam ballad. chase down summoner and spam ballad. did i mention spam ballad? Oh, I usually bring the MNKs into this PT also, although there's no reason they can't go into either.

Melee PT: This will vary a decent amount depending on how well equiped the melees are. Prelude for RNG, minuet is an option for second song. When other melee are brought in to alliance, I give them Madrigal once so they can build TP easier. Sometimes I'll ask them to come to me , other times follow Kirin around just as they do and wait for a long-casting spell to sing. Give verbal warning to them that the song is coming so they can stand still for the extra 3-4 seconds it will take for the song to land.

Even with top-of-line CHR equipment, Elegy will only land a handful of times a fight. I'm talking like 2 on average. Over time this can generate a *ton* of hate, so be careful. I personally don't consider it "worth" trying... but we still do it as a matter of pride. Again, I've never gotten it to land more than twice in one fight, and I'm rather decently equiped. I'd actually be curious about the landing rate from other bards.

Threnodies are great, they get your blackmages killed a heck of a lot quicker... and nothing is more fun than a dead black mage. Here's the trick: you'll probably never land the threnody you want on the first try, but if you start somewhere else in the elemental wheel and work forwards (or would it be considered backwards?) through the elements until you get the one you want...

Here's what I mean: Supposing you want Earth threnody to land so you have a better chance to hit up Elegy. Earth threnody probably won't hit, but the song itself is wind based. Sooooooo if you try Wind threondy beforehand, and it lands, Earth threnody has a fairly high chance of landing. Wind isn't the easist to stick either.. so the one previous to that is Ice, previous to Ice is Fire. Again, once you get any one to land, you can often just go around the wheel until you land the one you really wanted in the first place. Be really careful with hate again here and don't do this too often... if the tanks go down you may find yourself kiting Kirin for a little while ^^.

Hrm.. what else. Stoneskin at all times. It won't save you from astral flow, but it might from other spells/abilities. I think that sums up how I play against Kirin.. I'm sure you'll get a lot of different responses because LSs will approach the fight very differently. It takes us between 60-90 minutes for the fight ... which I know isn't the best of the best, but we do a good, solid job. Hope this helps!

Comment

Give tanks and mages ballads. Give rngs preludes and/or minuets. Give mnks mnd etudes. Attempt to land debuffs on Kirin if possible.
                that's pretty much it, help cure and erase status ailments too (especially bind, if you have erase), or blinkga if you /SMN (which would suck compared to /WHM)
                63/63 maps obtained

Comment

Depends on what party you're in.

Mage:
                  Ballad, Etude, Threnody, Elegy, Requiem
                  Help cure tanks / random melee

Melee:
                  Prelude, Madrigal, Minuet, Etude, Threnody, Elegy, Requiem
                  Help cure tanks / random melee
                  Set up skillchains, add/kick people from party

Tank:
                  Ask your tank which buffs they want.
                  Some like Minne, some etude.
                  Erase, Ballad, Etude, Threnody, Elegy, Requiem
                  Help cure tanks

Basically the same as any other fight except when in tank PT. In that case, follow them around, predict where they'll be next, hit them with +vit etudes or whatever they ask for and erase whenever kirin uses Rasp, Great Whirlwind (adds ... something) or Deadly Hold (adds Bind).

Comment

Well, Charisma is only half the battle. . . Elegy can be successfully and predictably landed with about 50 to 60 CHR boost from equipment, double etuding yourself, a Terra's Staff, and using about 3 to 6 or 7 Skill+ points.

A lot of the time, since a Bard has "free hands", I find myself just curing people during Kirin fights as they become weak~ I also work mainly with Etude/Prelude (single target songs) unless I'm in our Tank party. Our Tanks are primarily Ninjas, even in Kirin fights, who prefer Mambo if anything else. Rangers are double Minuet with Prelude according to miss ratio and food~. Monks definitely need a double MND Etude prior to Chi Blast; and so on~.

You will find yourself party leader, if adept, and be inviting and disbanding people on a regular basis~.

But yeah, to land Elegy well, you just need Errant style stuff, a +1 Horn, a Terra's Staff, and maybe a Skill+ piece of equipment that isn't in an offending area (Wind Torque, Merit Points, or Dynamis - Bastok: Bard's Cuffs).

Comment

Most important thing to remember as a bard is to keep blink and stoneskin up as well as macroing your earth staff to be equiped after any song/spell macro. When I fought Kirin, I didn't die once, even to astral flow. Blink absorbed almost every spell I didn't outrun, while stoneskin and the earth staff absorbed additonal damage. Hell, I even 'tanked' him twice for a short time because I had so much hate near the end of the battle. Every edge to stay alive helps.

I don't feel trying to land any songs on Kirin is worth it. It just adds to hate and a greater increase in a chance for death. If your in a mage party, use a harp and ballad them constantly, and if your in the ranger PT, double minute or prelude/minute, whichever people want. No need to minute standard melee as they'll only be using Spirits Within.

It's really not much different from most situations except you'll have a hard time hitting everyone with songs depending on which party you're in, as people move around a lot, during the kiting of kirin.
                      WAR - 26
                      MNK - 11
                      WHM - 37
                      BLM - 20
                      THF - 52
                      BRD - 75
                      BST - 26
                      NIN - 48

Comment

There, just proof for all the nay-sayers. ^~^;

It really doesn't take Soul Voice or anything, it really just is Terra's Staff.

Comment

Oh wowow~ Bard is super important in Kirin fight I think. Like everyone say it already above is depend your pt. Most time my LS leader wanna me be in Range Attack pt so I have to taking care Rng and Mnk (Prelude and Mnd+ song and Ballad for myself). And usual I am only healer too so they can use Rdm or Whm helping other pt... so if you are same like me remember bring lots Yagudo Drink and Hi Ether potion. :D

I think Bard is most important *if* thing go bad... if mini god alliance die lots members, 1 Nin can kite mini god run around and Bard can support on him while Whm raise and Rdm support main Kirin pt. Bard can lasting forever because you can sing RR song to yourself... so even you are hit 1-2 time and die, you can getting up by yourself and still helping and support the Nin. Yap, you will super lost exp this way... but at end, it is give your team chance to get back up and win all the fight (we do it before)!

One more good thing is Bard take so long to play the song... so it is good for take lots the screenshot for your LS lol (^_~);

GL la~ Gambatte ˆˆ

Soonyi.
                          75Brd . 37Whm . 22Smn

"Seeing or hearing things the same way isn't important... Sharing the same moments in your life is." - Romilda, Port Bastok.

www.tempestls.net

Comment

Working...
                          X