Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those enchantment items certainly made it a lot easier to beat Maat without WHM sub ... but crucial, nah. Plenty of us beat Maat without them. Fight at level 70 and have capped or near-capped evasion and he'll miss a lot to begin with. Misses for him = less damage for you *and* less TP for him to use WS.

Ultimately if you have the strategy down, proper equipment, and high enough skills, the only real remaining factor of "luck" is Maat's choice of WS.
    Averter of the Apocalypse~
    Unique quests complete: 330-something, keep losing count.
    Mission plot lines complete: Windurst, Bastok, San d'Oria, Zilart, Promathia.
    Maps not yet obtained: Promyvion-Dem, Promyvion-Mea, Promyvion-Holla, Promyvion-Vahzl, Sacrarium.

Comment

I just recently defeated Maat myself, on my fourth try.

I went in with 200 dagger, a handful of hi pots, sleeping potions, selbina milks, a vile elixir+1, horn+1, hamelin, ebony harp, feral jerkin and the feral legs (I forget what it's called). I'm sure I've forgotten some of my items.

I had plenty of screwups, such as forgetting an icarus, letting one of my paeons get finaled, and a couple other things.

Still, I got lucky with his ws and managed to take him out in a shade under 8 minutes.

Comment

Hi hi again ^^ /joy

I finally go to fighting Maat and I lost first try because time over >_< One of my friend say I have 30 minutes... but it is only 10 minutes! Maybe I am too excited and I do not see the time limit at the start. I think maybe I am very lucky. I hope my story can help other Bard to win Maat too! Sorry if this is too long...

Skill:
        Dagger 199
        Shield 37
        Evasion 199
        Parrying 45

Equipment:
        Stun Knife
        Elegant Shield
        Horn +1 <> Hamelin Flute
        Blink Band > Carapace Helm
        Opo Opo Necklace > Spike Necklace
        Melody Earring
        Minstrel's Earring
        Omina Yukata > Carapace Breastplate
        Choral Cuffs
        Phalanx Rings
        Jester's Cape
        Life Belt
        Choral Cannions
        Stumbling Sandals > Choral Slippers

Items:
        3 Sleep Potion
        13 High Potion
        2 X-Potion
        1 Vile Elixir +1
        1 Steam Crab
        1 Icarus Wing
        12 Selbina Milk
        Reraise Scroll
        Instant Warp Scroll
        Lucky Egg
        Fortune Egg

Hehe~ I don't know if those egg help me, but I always bring with me all the time for my own goodluck believing ^^ The first time I lose time over is because I sleeping until 300% TP... that is too long and I do not have enough time to even fighting Maat. That's why next time I only using 3 Sleep Potion. 3 Sleep Potion get me about 80-90% so I think if I do again, maybe I will bring 4 Sleep Potion for 100% at starting. Also I never to use the Icarus Wing before but now I know you have to use very very fast so the Cyclone can chain it together. I use total 3 Sleep Potion, 4 High Potion, 0 X-Potion, 1 Vile Elixir, 1 Steam Crab, 1 Icarus Wing, and 3 Selbina Milk. So I think I bring too much potion and milk~ but it is very safe then. ^^

For me, Maat only do 2 Howling Fist on me. First time is 279 damage, so I use Vile Elixir because I am in orange color. Later he did second time but he miss! I count the log and see he hit me 12 normal times (total 996 damage), so 83 damage average. I hit him 22 normal times (total 495 damage), so 22.5 damage average. My weapon skill is Cyclone (101) > Icarus Wing > Cyclone (81) > Detonation (40) and before the fight is finish, one more Cyclone (102). Now I really know why Requiem is so strong~ because it do over 600 damage to Maat while Paeon keep regen onto me ^^

Also very super important is the end, make sure you have Instant Warp Scroll! First time, I do not know you will finish in FeiYin... I have no map in FeiYin or Beaucedine Glacier and no Warp scroll and when I ask D2, all the Blm say they are busy /cry ;_; I finally run out and run around to find outpost teleport in Xarcabard because outpost in Beaucedine is beastman control. So please remember bringing Instant Warp Scroll!

Goodluck to all Bard! /bow m(_ _)m

Soonyi.
        75Brd . 37Whm . 22Smn

"Seeing or hearing things the same way isn't important... Sharing the same moments in your life is." - Romilda, Port Bastok.

www.tempestls.net

Comment

I wonder why people don't use Wind Threnody if they're going to use Cyclone/Detonation...

Comment

A little while back I got another Testimony from a key hunt, then repeated G5 on a whim (yes, I was very bored that day). Followed the FAQ on this forum to the letter, did not make any mistakes this time, and I outright murdered him. Only used 1 Hi-Potion the entire time. Very easy when you do things correctly.

Yeah, yeah...and I suppose the fact that he didn't use any of his higher level WS on me this time helped a little, too Still, even if he did, I'm confident that I still would've won hands-down.
            All Nations: Rank 10
            Rise of the Zilart: Complete
            Chains of Promathia: Complete
            75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

Originally posted by Valyana
              I wonder why people don't use Wind Threnody if they're going to use Cyclone/Detonation...
              I'm fighting Maat soon. I'll try it.
              Details worth knowing:
              Lvl 75 BRD, 37 WHM. Bastok Rank 10. Windurst Rank 6
              Lvl 100 Lu Shang Fisher
              Lvl 96 Woodworking
              Lvl 64 Alchemy
              Lvl 54 Goldsmithing
              Lvl 53 Bonecrafting
              Lvl 34 Blacksmithing
              Lvl 30 Cooking

Comment

Well, I fought Maat yesterday for the first time.

Verdict?

Add one more to the Maat masher club!

I basically kicked his ass rather easily.

Equipment:
                Stun Knife +1
                Carapace Helm
                Spike Necklace (atk/def) – Wind Torque (buff) – Bird Whistle (debuff)
                Melody Earring
                Melody Earring
                Scorpion Breastplate (atk/def) – Minstrel’s Coat (singing)
                Darksteel Mittens (atk/def) - Choral Cuffs (singing)
                2 Phalanx Rings
                Amemit Mantle (atk/def) – Jester’s Cape +1 (singing)
                Gleeman’s Belt
                Darksteel Subligar ugh…god awful looking equip (atk/def) Choral Cannions (singing)
                Darksteel leggings (AF boots are crap so I didn’t bother)

Items:
                15 Hi-potions (used 2)
                2 X-Potion (used 1)
                12 Selbina Milk

Dagger skill and Evasion CAPPED.

So when I first get inside the BCNM, I:

- Equip my Blink Band
                - Equip Opo-opo Necklace
                - Start sleeping TP to 100
                - Activate my blink band instead of the third sleeping potion, then proceed to run around like an idiot to cancel it.
                - Eat Boiled Crab
                - Use Blink Band

Ok, that’s done, so I run through the corridor leading to Maat’s chamber. I stop at the entrance to the chamber and look at Maat to see what he’s singing. He’s too far away to get his song info in the log box, but I can still tell he sang Dextrous Etude by looking at the graphic effect of the song. So anyway:

- Soul Voice
                - Paeon *2

I try to engage… too far. I move in a little and engage.

- Elegy
                - Requiem
                - Finale
                - Wind Threnody

Maat’s all po’ed because I dispelled his etude and moves in on me. He says something like: “Now I’m warmed up!�

- Cyclone
                - Icarus Wing
                - Cyclone

I get 108 + 108 + 70 (detonation) Hopefully, the Threnody helped. Maat goes: “Ugh… That’s gonna hurt in the morning�. He then uses Soul Voice!

- Elegy again
                - Requiem again
                - Paeon *2 again

Matt sings Finale. Doh! I forgot to use Selbina Milk! He cancels my blink (fiew!). I use a Selbina Milk, lol.

Soul Voice lasted a lot longer than I expected, so I was able to recast Requiem one last time before SV ran out. The key to this fight is making sure Maat hits you the least amount of times, while Soul Voice Requiem kicks his ass. I was very impressed with the amount of damage it did.

As for getting hit by Maat, he hit me 4 or 5 times for 80-90, criticalled me once for 132 and Howling Fisted me for 371. The rest of the time, he was either staring at me (SV + Carnage Elegy, hehe), being stunned by my dagger (stunned him 3 times), missing me due to my capped evasion (missed me 4 times), or rebuffing his songs since I kept spamming Finale, lol. When he WSed me, I used an Xpotion, followed by 2 Hi potions. That was the only time in the fight that he got me in the yellow. After using the potions, I used Cyclone one last time, hit him twice and he gave up.

The key to my victory was my ablility to stun him, evade many of his hits and finale all of his buffs, forcing him to sing more, therefore not pounding on me. For the hits I did take, SV + Paon *2 easily took care of the healing.

The kicker: I forgot to switch to my high def gear after singing. He still never hit me for more than 90 though. I guess I lucked out since he didn’t finale me more than once, but then again, he was too busy rebuffing the songs I took away from him. He did hit me with SV + Battlefield Elegy at mid fight, but it didn’t matter much since Requiem did most of my damage.

The fight lasted 7 minutes, minus the time it took to sleep TP and the Blink Band screw up, hehe.

A later went to the ferry to test out the new fishing sytem and caught my first Ryugu Titan on the first bite! That post is for another forum, but suffice it to say that yesterday was a good day
                Details worth knowing:
                Lvl 100 Lu Shang Fisher
                Lvl 96 Woodworking
                Lvl 64 Alchemy
                Lvl 54 Goldsmithing
                Lvl 53 Bonecrafting
                Lvl 34 Blacksmithing
                Lvl 30 Cooking

Comment

Okay, I guess I did most stuff wrong but I'll post anyway.
                  First try so no polishing and really no reading except skimmed this thread fast, notice I had ONLY 189 sword skill when doing this!

Equipment:
                  Spark rapier +1
                  Elegant shield
                  Carapace helm
                  Opo-opo necklade (forgot to switch to Spike necklace during fight)
                  Melody earring x 2
                  Assault jerkin
                  Choral cuffs
                  Phalanx ring x 2
                  Amemit mantle +1
                  Gleeman's belt
                  Beak trousers
                  Choral slippers

Items:
                  Tuna sushi (oh the accuracy $$)
                  Sleep potion x 3 (used 3)
                  Persikos au Lait x 3 (used 3)
                  Hi-Potion x 15 (used 12)
                  Hi-Potion +1 x 1 (used 0)
                  Hi-Potion +2 x 1 (used 0)
                  Vile Elixir +1 x 1 (used 1, ouch but was very thx hp)
                  Hyper potion x 1 (bad idea, didn't know it was same medicine timer as icarus which lasts like forever)
                  Icarus wing x 1 (used 1)

Character:
                  Shina level 69 Mithra Bard
                  189 Sword skill (far below cap)
                  195 Evasion skill (below cap) add +15 from gear
                  84 Parrying skill (far below cap) add +6 from gear
                  50 Shield skill (far below cap)

Songs:
                  Valor Minuet IV (with Cornette +1)
                  Army's Paeon IV (with Ebony Harp +1)
                  Carnage Elegy (with Horn +1)
                  For Requiem VI (with Hamelin Flute)
                  Magic Finale

Fight log:
                  http://petriw.com/images/maat_fight.png (Warning, 334kb image.)

Verdict:
                  I made a list of stuff I should do between entering the bcnm and engaging Maat, very good idea.
                  Also had a timer set at 1:20 for when to redo songs, helped a lot too. Maybe time is a bit early but I prefered a longer minuet/paeon duration.

Damn, the old man hits like a truck and he didn't miss a single time, guess I should thank him for only doing Combo once. :sweat:
                  Anyway, I forgot to equip spike necklace when engaging.
                  Also forgot to refresh persikos when he dispelled it.
                  Also forgot to refresh paeon when he dispelled it omg /bonk, even still had soul voice on but I was too stressed out .
                  But daamn, he cast soul voice requiem vi on me right from the start, that leeched so much.
                  Finale while nice didn't really make him spend much time singing, especially not during soul voice. It's fast cast though.

For anyone wondering how good Spirits Within is I would have had time to sleep up to 300% but going from info above I thought I wouldn't have enough time so I brought 3 sleep potions and used icarus wing immediatelly, no chain on spirits within anyway. At 180ish% tp I did 170hp dmg, then at 100% without full hp I did 45. So don't do Spirits Within again unless you have lots of hp, fast blade would prolly be better for second ws.

Fight lasted 6 minutes, 27 seconds and was probably way harder than it should have been since I was so nervous.
                  Shina - Rank 6 Mithra of Windurst on Ragnarok, ZM done, CoP done
                  BRD75, BST65, RNG60, BLM49, WHM40, NIN35, SMN26, WAR18, RDM15, BLU15, PLD13, MNK11, DNC10
                  100 Fisher, 84 Woodworker, 70 Goldsmith, 60 Alchemist, 58 Culinarian, 38 Blacksmith, 23 Weaver, 17 Bonecrafter, 8 Tanner

Comment

I'm not a Bard. I'm just curious, would an Elvaan or Galka Bard have a little more leeway in this fight than say a Tarutaru because of the higher HP?

PS: Galka bard singing w/o instrument sounds so much different than all the other races.
                    SAM 74

Comment

I'm just curious, would an Elvaan or Galka Bard have a little more leeway in this fight than say a Tarutaru because of the higher HP?
                      Yes. I have to say character race does make a difference in this fight. You really can't have too much HP for this, as Maat may choose to smash you with a high level WS such as Dragon Kick or Asuran Fists. Not to say that that the BRD Genkai 5 is impossible for Tarus, it's just that all the other races will have an easier time with it...I've heard quite a few Tarus complaining about the difficulty that their low HP brings to this fight.

That being said, I would highly recommend fighting Maat with an Earth Staff (or better yet, a Terra's Staff if you can afford one). I used my Terra's in my Maat rematch-for-fun, and not surprisingly, it was very effective. Damage reduction really comes in handy, especially if you're a Taru I'd imagine.
                      All Nations: Rank 10
                      Rise of the Zilart: Complete
                      Chains of Promathia: Complete
                      75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

Originally posted by UnnamedGalka
                        That being said, I would highly recommend fighting Maat with an Earth Staff (or better yet, a Terra's Staff if you can afford one).
                        If used with SV + Paeon *2, that must be a great combination!
                        Details worth knowing:
                        Lvl 100 Lu Shang Fisher
                        Lvl 96 Woodworking
                        Lvl 64 Alchemy
                        Lvl 54 Goldsmithing
                        Lvl 53 Bonecrafting
                        Lvl 34 Blacksmithing
                        Lvl 30 Cooking

Comment

Working...
                        X