X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saren
    replied
    Re: Bard Guide/F.A.Q

I just started levelling bard last night and wanted to check that I have this right.

I sang: madrigal > minne > madrigal > paeon

I was expecting the minne to go but it was the madrigal that dropped. So in terms of when songs drop, playing a song that's already on someone count's as a sort of refreshing of the song not as a proper overwrite?

Leave a comment:

• cakemeat
    replied

Originally posted by Teffie View Post
    BRD's are very inexpensive to be honest.
    I used a Level 10 Doublet until level 44 when I changed to a Gambison XD
    Really... BRD's NEVER EVER get Aggro'd. So Armor isn't too much of a problem. Just have all Up-to-date Instruments (+1 Instruments) and Songs and you will be fine.

I suppose bard should/could be cheap. But i have spent like 1.5mil on my lvl 45 bard

I donthave signa, i didnt want it. But i got full RSE (to support /WHM). Elegant shield, corsette +1, and the HQ version of whataver CHR+ rings I can use at that lvl. I run around with 8 instruments. I think the sirens flute cost me 130k alone. most others were 20-50k.

I havent put anything on besides the best(ish) CHR+ gear. and it has cost me TONS.

maybe im trying to hard? i dunno

Leave a comment:

• Artigus
    replied

If it hasnt already been said BRD also get the staff skill

Leave a comment:

• Auroch
    replied

This is a great FAQ. this helps me a lot. i know what to do know when i get there yay!

Leave a comment:

• x1ang
    replied

that's because this guide was made before the raising of the level cap (dec.16)... if you noticed the songs stop short at level70 (archer's prelude, goddess' hymnus, uncanny etude, etc.) are all missing (71-75)

Leave a comment:

• Aerogenji
    replied

Pretty awesome faq. I'm about to complete my Bard quest right now but I think you frogot a Bard song called "Chocobo Marzuka" which you learn at Level 74.

Leave a comment:

• x1ang
    replied

personally, i think i'd make it more interesting than listening to the exact same tune over and over and over and over... you get the point ^_^;

Leave a comment:

• Dadelon
    replied

Would be nice to hear a different tune for each song/instrument.
    Would help keep track of what you are playing.

Leave a comment:

• felpa_de_osa
    replied

just wanted to make out a small point out that Sage Etude is INT and Logical Etude is MND

Leave a comment:

• UnnamedGalka
    replied
    so what are some reasions why you wouldnt wont your bard to have a black mage subjob?
    Short and sweet:

- Can't backup heal, and no backup bar-ras, poisanas, paralynas, erases etc.

- No added job traits to improve your song casting ability (i.e. /RDM's Fast Cast)

- Less CHR bonus than what /WHM or /RDM would give you

- Your nukes will always suck

Leave a comment:

• Sky Pirate
    replied
    so what are some reasions why you wouldnt wont your bard to have a black mage subjob?

Leave a comment:

• Radamvice
    replied
    Even in a pt with several brds...if that somehow happened, those less common songs have little use as alot of them seem to be resist status (which i belive shorten duration of given status effect) or evasion (near useless versus IT+ enemies pt should be killing)...These songs just arent effective enough to enough members of the pt at once when you consider the fact you can stack madrigal of the same lvl with multiple brd, or stack minuet, or ballad...

The rule here would be a given player can have the effect of any 2 different named songs per brd in pt. Songs of the same name from different brd stack.(at least on players...)

Leave a comment:

• Taruhealingwind
    replied
    Everything seems pretty much correct to me, I would just like to
    give a macro idea that I use myself and that saves a lot of time, that you did not spoke of.

/so "Song Name" <me>
    /wait 5
    /equip Range "Instrument's Name"

example:

/so "Valor Minuet" <me>
    /wait 5
    /equip Range "Cornette +1"

I use the /wait 5 for all 8 seconds songs ( dont know how it will work on prelude as I'm not 48 yet), it saves me the time of equiping, then casting. Only thing that I dont like is it cuts the music

Leave a comment:

• tnt118
    replied
    Not to go off tangent here, but this is one thing I thought of they could do to spice up the bards life: a job ability that let you sing a third song on PT members, activatable once every 10-15 minutes. Goblin add? Use the "Conductor" job abililty to sing Fire Carol. (No, I couldn't think of a cheesier name on short notice). Or what about a job ability that took made a song single-target only? I think some very simple things like that would make a world of difference in making bard a more "adapatable" class.

Leave a comment:

• Vilurum
    replied
    The question is really, is it worth giving up melee accuracy or damage (either via more accuracy, more attack, or more attack speed, depending on what you add to madrigal), and/or MP regeneration or mage stat boosts, for the other things. Like status defense. Sadly, the answer is usually no.

If singing Scop's Operetta reliably prevented silence, I'd see that as a godsend for enemies which use AOE silence (never mind that mages shouldn't be near them). But it doesn't. Not even with Barsilencera added to it. Goblin Gavotte is practically useless ... how often is bind ever an issue to begin with? Herb Pastoral and Barpoisonra? Easier and more effective just to use a few Poisona's.

Of the non-standard songs, carols are the only ones I can see as being useful, and that's only in cases where you're blocking a very specific powerful elemental attack like a bomb self-destructing. Otherwise, the elemental defense it adds (much less than a Bar-element-ra spell too, though we do get Light and Dark) is, again, not worth giving up the "useful effects" for.

I'd love to be able to stack more than two songs. I'd be singing and singing all day, maintaining accuracy and attack and defense and evasion and status defense and elemental defense and all sorts of other neat goodies. But we can't. So we pick and choose, and we prioritize the songs that will have the enemy die the fastest and the party have the least downtime.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X