X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeker_Onos
    replied
    I have a question concerning the value of "those less often thought of songs"...

Most often, BRDs have a set repetoire of songs... I generally use:

Minuet + Madrigal on melees

Ballad + the INT+ Etude (will change to a double Ballad when I get Ballad II ) for mages. If for some reason, we have no BLM in the PT, I'll use the MND+ Etude.

If we have a RNG in the PT, I'll throw a Hunter's Prelude on him before he runs out to pull the next mob, if the timing works out.

The offensive songs - Requiem, Elegy, Threnody, and Finale: debuff the mobs. Lullaby for crowd control.

But what about "Fowl Aubade" or "Herb Pastoral"? Or "Sheepfoe Mambo" ? (I used that once to dodge some goblin adds once, seemed to help me make it to the zone border ^^ )

The only time I could really see those coming into play is in a double BRD PT, which seems rather rare.

The Carols seem helpful in certain situations (I am not yet high enough level to participate in the Prime Avatar battles, but I've heard that the respective elemental Carols are very handy for dealing with them) ... and Water Carol+Barwatera+Herb Pastoral+Barpoisonra from the WHM saved the bacon of a few of my PTs to fight Exorays for that hated part of Genkai I.

Yet we BRDs have a ton of other songs...

I'd like to hear from other BRDs if they use the non-standard PT or BCNM songs in their exp. PTs, skill-up PTs or other situations.

Thus far, I've never been asked for "the DEX+ Etude" or "Golden Cappriccio" by a PT.

I understand Mazurka and the other high level songs will come in handy much later in the game... I guess what I'm looking for is the "what not to buy" song list from level 50+ ... :sweat:

Leave a comment:

• Huing
    replied
    very enlightening, thank you

Leave a comment:

• Vilurum
    replied
    Soul Voice doubles effect, it doesn't double rate of HP or MP regen. So Soul Voice Ballad is 2 mp/3 sec, Soul Voice Ballad II is 4 mp/3 sec. Not sure whether the songs last longer or not ... I haven't bothered checking. ;

You can have a threnody, an elegy, and a requiem on an enemy at once, but you can only have one of each. (So best elegy and best requiem, but threnodies you'll have to change based on situation.) You can also have lullaby on an enemy, but not at the same time as requiem (or any other damage over time spell like Dia or Poison).

(In other words, we're not limited to two songs per enemy, but we are limited to only one song of each type, and lullaby has its usual limitation of wearing right off when the enemy loses HP.)

Leave a comment:

• Huing
    replied
    I have 2 questions

When you use Soul Voice 2hr, and sing Mage Ballad, do you recover more mp, or recover mp faster? (normal: 1mp - 3sec)

How many songs can you stack on a mob?
    Is it 2 songs like in a party? For example: Ice Threnody + Lightning Threnody --> mob.

Thx

Leave a comment:

• Teffie
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryouga
    Hey, first of all great job on the guide.

My question is what is the direct effect of having a higher singing/wind/string skill lvls? sorry if i messed it in the faq m(._.)m
    Higher your Skill Is, the Higher the Bonus Songs will Give with the Instrument.

Play Minuet with a Maxed Out Skill Flute, and Play Minuet with a 50% Skill Harp, and the Flute will give Higher ATK Bonus

Originally posted by Kabuki
    Hello, Im currently 70 and is it ok to fight Maat with a sword skill of 124?
    I suggest getting together with some friends for a Skill Up PT
    You might have some difficulty beating Maat.

Leave a comment:

• Kabuki
    replied
    Hello, Im currently 70 and is it ok to fight Maat with a sword skill of 124?:sweat:

Leave a comment:

• Ryouga
    replied
    Hey, first of all great job on the guide.

My question is what is the direct effect of having a higher singing/wind/string skill lvls? sorry if i messed it in the faq m(._.)m

Leave a comment:

• Teffie
    replied
    Originally posted by IheartBards
    Im level 29 on my first job, and Im very interested in the bard profession. My question is quite simple, can Elvaan Brd/Whm's preform whm skills fairly easily and effectivly even with the MP loss?

oh yeah, 1 more thing..could you give me a general idea of how much it costs to equip a bard at level..10, 20, 30, ext..?

If you could answer this, Id be grateful.
    BRD's are very inexpensive to be honest.
    I used a Level 10 Doublet until level 44 when I changed to a Gambison XD
    Really... BRD's NEVER EVER get Aggro'd. So Armor isn't too much of a problem. Just have all Up-to-date Instruments (+1 Instruments) and Songs and you will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Trev
    replied
    i dont think u need fame 2 do any adv. job quests

correct me if im wrong

Leave a comment:

• IheartBards
    replied
    Im level 29 on my first job, and Im very interested in the bard profession. My question is quite simple, can Elvaan Brd/Whm's preform whm skills fairly easily and effectivly even with the MP loss?

oh yeah, 1 more thing..could you give me a general idea of how much it costs to equip a bard at level..10, 20, 30, ext..?

If you could answer this, Id be grateful.

Leave a comment:

• Lerican
    replied
    Cookiecutter version for Bard:

Level Whitemage to 18
    Get Subjob
    Level Blackmage to 15
    Sub Blm to Whm
    Level Whitemage to 30
    Get enough jeuno fame and complete Bard Subjob quest
    Level Bard to 60 or level Whitemage to 37
    Level Whitemage to 37 (if not already done)
    Level Bard to 75

You can interchange Whitemage or Blackmage for Redmage if you're going the fast sing route like I am or want to try it out later/buy fewer spells. However, you won't get the benefits of Brd/Rdm over Brd/Whm until 30/15 when fast cast kicks in.

-Lerican

Leave a comment:

• Sevalle
    replied
    Nice guide
    Just a question, what job should I start with if I wanna be a bard later on?

Leave a comment:

• ExodusRage
    replied
    great

this was a awesome guide! i loved it... the XXXX days i think either tef didnt reach that high or ppl go to different areas....also san d'oria is probably the easiest to go down through valk dunes and all...

Leave a comment:

• kuu
    replied
    WHM/BRD

I use a whm/brd in lvl30+ levels and it's pretty effective

The idea is not to do things too broadly since your main theme will be partying

You can ony have 1 song active at once since you can't equip a instrument.

And I obviously use Army's Peon to no end.

Basically I start off with Peon which is mass group hp regen, and then business as usual. No need for any other songs, it's not my jobs hehe.

With Peon and Hp regen casted on the tanker, he recovers about 6hp a second, this makes my job much easier, and all other members are healing too.

The sacrifice is a blk sub, which I don't find it very worthly anymore. Since we fight VT-IT stuff in parties, blk magic is next to worthless, with exception to maybe drain and bio. MP conservation might be useful, but that's lvl20, meaning lvl40 main, and it only works sometimes, so bad luck saving 7 mp if it lands on a hp regen

The other choice would be Summoner, which MP boost reallly helps, though recoverly is a little lacking. Though MP regen at level 25 isn't bad

But BUT BUT what do bards get at lvl25 Mage ballad!! It won't benifit just you but probably other mages or mage subs as well.

And for Japanese parties, which tend to be called uber parties, they have blks that plays more like whms that cause both relief and frustation to a WHM. so Army's peon just makes that much more sense and in my opnion worth it.

This isn't to say you would want to sub a bard solo or in other situations. Blk = warp = very nice traveling.

Party wize it's pretty good for just Peon and Mage Ballad.

P.S. Oh yes silence resist isn't bad bonus either.

Leave a comment:

• Phorest
    replied
    Teffie, you posted this a while back and I found it very helpful. So helpful in fact, that I made it my own macro setup

I thought it would be useful to add to the FAQ or at least post here...

My Macro Bar looks like this

Macro Set#9
    ALT - Light | Dark | Earth | Fire | Wind | Water | Thunder | Ice | Magic Finale | Mambo
    CTRL - Light | Dark | Earth | Fire | Wind | Water | Thunder | Ice | Foe Lullaby | Hoard Lullaby

ALT = Threnody Songs
    Ctrl = Carol Songs

Macro Set#10
    ALT - Paeon I | Paeon II | Minuet | Minne | Requiem | Madrigal | Ballad I | Ballad II | Soul Voice
    CTRL - Sighted | CHR | MND | INT | Dagger | Signa Staff | Harp1 | Harp2 | Flute1 | Flute2

Sighted = Regular /p command for < t> Sighted!
    CHR = Song that raises CHR
    MND = Song that raises MND
    INT = Song that Raises INT
    Dagger = Switch to Dagger-Weapon
    Signa = Switch to Monsters Signa Staff
    Harp1/2
    Flute1/2 = Switch to specific instrument

Leave a comment:

Working...
X