SCH vs. RDM at Endgame - in terms of demand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCH vs. RDM at Endgame - in terms of demand

I have both and within ls events, they love my sch in blm party because of the thunder storm and +7 int from hailstorm.

But I found Rdm are still more demanded because most of the ppl love haste and simply dont understand Scholar.

Comment

In my experience, most linkshells already have 2-3 RDM (more for dynamis shells which tend to be bigger) and like 0-1 SCH. If I could only pick one to come to an event I'd probably pick RDM unless it's a very nuke-heavy event (SCH can almost take a BLM spot, RDM not really) but given the relative abundance of the two jobs, someone who can come as both will probably find that there are plenty of RDMs coming already.

That depends on the open mindedness of the leadership though. If they are rigidly using 2006 strats, obviously there isn't going to be any room in them for new jobs.
      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

I still find the mindless adherence to what came before amusing. The game has changed, the endgame scene kinda needs to change with it. "What works" isn't a good excuse to not expand into applying jobs that will clearly fit into existing strategy or enhance what exists.

Things like throwing BRDs in the BLM PT when you have a COR that could serve them better, instead giving the melee the COR when the melee might actually benefit more from the BRD. When BRDs get MAB and M. Acc songs for their GHorns (provided they even have one) they can get back to me on that one.

SCHs can be more than glorified WHMs, they're tremendous for tank PT. They can add to existing crowd-control strategies. They can nuke quite well. Like COR, they can buff mages and even buff melees if they merit Stormsurge.

Since this was clearly necroed, I suppose I should mention I've just closed the door on RDM. Looking back, like DRG, it was something I leveled because there was nothing "better" (in terms of my interests) at the time. Then when I moved on to BST, COR, RNG and SCH I found jobs that suited me. And there are probably a few others that suit me, too. If SE buffs skill merits like I think they will, I think I'd get a bit more fun out of BLU than RDM. And I already enjoyed SCH more than I ever did RDM.

And the more time I devote to RDM, the less I get to devote to BLU or BST on Foobar. Or even THF and DNC on Kitten. I think SCH, RNG and COR cover my character's endgame needs well enough for now.

Comment

In my ls, we utilize sch's more often now but still not near as often as we should. In the past, it was darn near impossible to get your sch to an event. Then some of us pushed for a friend to come on sch a few times and he proved he was up to the task and now our sch's come "out of the closet" more often. LOL

In endgame, it really is dependent on the event and what jobs we have available. We need just one more blm....a sch can do that in a pinch. We need the dd pt to have a healer....np we've got a sch. Also you have to factor in the persons skill because sch is quite dependent on your skill. My son has sch leveled and he rarely gets to come to events on it. (I told him not to level pld!) So when he does come, he's just not as skilled as someone else who plays it regularly. That can be the difference between winning and losing.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
            In my ls, we utilize sch's more often now but still not near as often as we should. In the past, it was darn near impossible to get your sch to an event. Then some of us pushed for a friend to come on sch a few times and he proved he was up to the task and now our sch's come "out of the closet" more often. LOL

In endgame, it really is dependent on the event and what jobs we have available. We need just one more blm....a sch can do that in a pinch. We need the dd pt to have a healer....np we've got a sch. Also you have to factor in the persons skill because sch is quite dependent on your skill. My son has sch leveled and he rarely gets to come to events on it. (I told him not to level pld!) So when he does come, he's just not as skilled as someone else who plays it regularly. That can be the difference between winning and losing.
            Yeah, I think I've come to realize that if I want certain jobs to shine that others I do enjoy might have to be less attractive choices for endgame, otherwise I might not get to play something I really enjoy in endgame.

I feel I do right by SCH, though, the problems I do have are macro-related and I'm working those out.

Comment

Working...
            X