Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Jobs - Easy ones, Hard ones, ARGH ones...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Jobs - Easy ones, Hard ones, ARGH ones...

So, I searched threads and most of these posts are years old. Here's what I'm looking for - A listing of Adv job quests where we (or, well, more specifically YOU) let everyone know how hard/easy/boring/annoying each Adv Job quest is.

For example,

RNG quest - go to cave, spawn tiger, watch tiger die - take bone to NPC DING you're a Ranger. Easy

SMN Quest - Get a Carbuncle Ruby (this may take five minutes or eight years, depending on luck) go to House of Heroes, do cutscene, do weather "Colors", go to La Theine talk to Carby DING you're a Summoner. Somewhat annoying but still pretty easy.

BRD - Get parchment, turn into peom, turn into lyrics, DING your a BRD = is ridiculously easy, as is...
    BST - go get flowers, bring back, DING BST (BST and BRD are so easy, it makes you think they will ALL be this easy, but OH NO not SE!!!)

DNC - looks easy, but the past is scary when you only have one job 30+ (And not far above 30 at that).

SCH - trade vellum, get SCH - DING duh!

What about NIN SAM DRG DRK PLD BLU PUP? I hear tell the PUP quest is like putting your teats in a papershredder (or lowerdown bits for you fellas). Level Requirements? Special Needs? things to watch out for? Must have high level helps for?
    sigpic

(\ /)
    ( . . )
    C(")(")
    ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Re: Advanced Jobs - Easy ones, Hard ones, ARGH ones...

BST can be rough if the kraken is down there (did they change that?).
    NIN really isn't soloable at 30. The leeches can be pretty tough.
    SAM has some tough NM's, again pretty tough probably unsoloable if you're 30.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Paladin was easy, solo'd as 30 WAR. follow the water, invis and sneak,
      hit the well, get shield and warp. Blu was easy, solo'd as 36 war, nothing special.
      Nin was easy but I solo'd as 50 Bst. Solo'd Sam as 50 Bst also but nothing
      memorable about it.
      Beast 69 Blue 42 War 36 Pld 35 Red 35
      Thf 30 Nin 23 Rgr 17 Sam 15

Cook 100 Wood 52 Fish 31 Leather 30 Cloth 30
      Smith 22 Alchemy 20 Gold 16 Bone 15

Comment

NIN - Not bad if you have a higher level friend to kill the NMs for you, definitely not soloable.

SAM - Easy enough, but long wait after you finish killing the NMs to get the quest done. Play PSP while you wait or something. Also not soloable, and don't forget your damn hatchet!

DRG - Into Maze, excavate an egg, then kill a dragon. Again, not soloable.

DRK - Easy, just very tedious. If you don't have WAR leveled, now's a good time to play with it.

PLD - Not too hard, and two prerequisite quests can be done before 30.

BLU - Quiz is stupid and annoying but after that if you can navigate through aggro zones you're good.

PUP - Again, if you're good at avoiding aggro you can easily solo it. Imps are true sight and they suck to get around but pop stoneskin, blink, and run like hell to the zone.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Actually, COR is harder than PUP. The hardest part about pup is getting the Automaton, which is at a point before where you would go to get COR's item (sorry, I never unlocked COR, no clue what that item is). Beyond the quest itself, the Automaton upgrades used to be... gil-laden, but that was when it first came out. It's for sure settled down by now. Ditto with the AF.

NIN and SAM are best done with some higher level help -- NIN has to kill a leech, SAM has to kill a tree and a bomb. I remember soloing SAM on my 60s WHM though, so it's not *too* difficult. NIN... let's just say I refuse to unlock NIN.

DRG at one point required some significant help with the BCNM, but before that is fairly soloable. I've heard you can now solo the BCNM as well, but I don't have the experience to back that up.

DRK you have to kill 100 mobs... it's long, and drawn out, but very doable if you have a 30WAR and you kill things outside Bastok.

PLD is a long line of quests (well, 3), which is best done with some form of sneak and invis, at the very least, since I recall having to go through one of the beastmen zones to complete it (I want to say Davoi?).

BLU is easy as well, I don't remember anything with agro until you get to the point you need to go to, and it's fairly easy to avoid.
          Kindadarii (Bahamut)
          90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
          70.3 + 2 Woodworking
          52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

NIN- i found pretty easy with help, much easier than the headache it causes to level
            DRG- Solod as RDM so kinda unfair for me to comment
            PLD- Easy Solo just need to avoid agro
            DRK- stupidly irritating, use a regualr weapon and switch to kill with crap gsword
            PUP- Easy solo if you can dodge agro, bring a RR incase of IMPs, and snk/invis your set
            COR- bah i will never do this again 1 i dont remember how i got it i was pretty drunk otherwise i probably wouldnt have
            BST- easy if kraken is not there, also now those gobs are irritating to if your waiting for night time at bottom of ramp
            BRD- easy irritating if you forget one of the steps
            SCH- easiest quest ever
            DNC- second easiest quest ever
            BLU- third easiest dodge easy agro (snk+invis)

I don;t know if im missing any, but there all pretty simple if you read them over first. Or if your a 75 RDM unlocking them all in the same day or two.

NIN sucks to level to 37, like really sucks almost to the point of wanting to rip out your own fingernails and dumping vinegear and saly on the open wounds.

sig courtesy tgm
            retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
              NIN- i found pretty easy with help, much easier than the headache it causes to level
              I lol'ed.

NIN sucks to level to 37, like really sucks almost to the point of wanting to rip out your own fingernails and dumping vinegear and saly on the open wounds.
              x2
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Can a 75 BRD solo the leeches for the nin quest?
                BRD 75 WHM 44 RDM 20 NIN 23 WAR 20 THF 16

Score: Maat 3 Prons 1
                Bard Maat Masher: Shiva Record Holder, 4 minutes, 47 seconds.

Comment

I... I liked leveling my NIN sub.

Also, all of the ROTZ jobs are really more of a 50+ job quest, if you want to solo it. Unless it's been changed, there is very little hope of someone too much lower soloing the DRG, SAM, and NIN fights. Additionally, the Ice weather for SMN can only be gotten in the northlands (Ok, technically you can get it in Beaucidine, if you don't mind waiting around for a few months) which, while you can get there by way of sneak tools and such pretty easily, is still a fairly dangerous place.

SMN is easy as hell if you have all your telecrystals and a telebitch. Just have your presumably unwilling buddy teleport you between the various crystals, and you'll get all of the cutscenes pretty quickly. If you don't have all of your crystals... well, you should. They can all be gotten very easily, and will come in handy. Only Vahzl is even somewhat annoying, and that's just because it's a long hike (which, since you'll have the crystal, you'll hardly ever need to repeat)

The most challenging parts of most of the job quests, when I did them, were knowing where the hell you were going and sneaking around to get there in one piece. Mainly on things like COR, PUP, PLD (Fuck Davoi. Royally.).

They are generally pretty easy, though. I unlocked all of my jobs early, and TAU jobs were the first thing I did when that expansion came out. I still have a very hard time understanding why people (read: many of my friends who are stupid and evil) have any jobs that aren't unlocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                    Additionally, the Ice weather for SMN can only be gotten in the northlands (Ok, technically you can get it in Beaucidine, if you don't mind waiting around for a few months)
                    Do you mean Batallia Downs?

Comment

Originally posted by Feenicks View Post
                      Do you mean Batallia Downs?
                      right, yes, Batallia. Knew the place, had the names mixed up. Although I'm not sure why I thought it was the glacier.

On a side note, the snow there is pretty pretty.

Comment

I totally disagree. I had fun. I put out very good damage and I always had invites up the wazoo because there's no damned tanks. Couldn't even find reps for myself. I didn't go to any non-standard levelling places except that I skipped Valkurm, and I slapped any party that suggested Garlaige at 31. Not many jobs can solo a T Firedrake in Riverne without meds and live to tell about it, too.

I think most people that loathe leveling NIN are either pre-biased against it, wouldn't have enjoyed leveling some other not-related-to-their-main-job sub, were doing it wrong, or had very bad luck with parties.

So that I actually post something relevant to the main topic, I still haven't unlocked DRK. Too lazy to kill 100 mobs with a great sword, lawl.

Comment

Originally posted by Prons View Post
                          Can a 75 BRD solo the leeches for the nin quest?
                          Of course.

Sleep them and take them down 1 by 1.
                          [LadyKiKi]
                          Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
                          .:|The Prototype BST|:.
                          Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

BST is pretty easy. Use oils and powders to get to the flowers, wait for goblin bounty hunter to leave, drop invs., grab flowers, watch cutscene. That's it, the Kraken is sound aggro so make sure you have sneak or oils.

Comment

BST, RNG, BRD, and PLD are all brain-dead easy. Just sneaking. Or even choco'ing and warping for RNG and BRD.

SMN is a lot of wandering around, but it's easy. SAM, DRG, and NIN are bouts of inconvenient travel and fights. They're not hard if you have help, but they're annoying.

BLU is another cakewalk sneaking. COR and PUP are scary if you've never dealt with true sight and/or can't find your way around without a map. These are the two I hated most. I never even managed to find the zone without dying on my first character, much less the clicky points.

SCH is (relatively) expensive, but again, easy as pie. DNC is just another sneaking, and not nearly as bad as COR and PUP. The aggro along the way isn't that hard to avoid, and there are decent stop-and-recast places.
                              Ellipses on Fenrir
                              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                              . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X