I want a pony!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a pony!

The purpose of this thread is to throw out creative yet totally ridiculous job adjustments you wish you had, ranting optional. (For reference, "increase avatar melee acc/damage" is a dead horse, not creative.) As the understanding is that we're all intentionally asking for unreasonable things, please restrain from flaming anyone.

I'll go first:

How many times have I, as a RDM, heard "any day now" from friends when I'm self-buffing -- if they don't just charge ahead before I'm ready? Directed at the job with Fast Cast that leans on this stuff when they're not just playing curebot and buffbot? I want a stance-type JA that knocks 3/4 of the casting time off of self-targetted buffs, damn it! Make it one minute long on a three-minute timer and cancellable. I don't care if it doubles the casting time of stuff targetted to anyone or anything other than me, and I don't care that it'd violate the half-speed cap on spells -- I just want to self-buff fast enough that I actually get it done without having to blow my two-hour, damn it! -- Pteryx

Re: I want a pony!

I wish Red Mage had endark or enlight. Or even the option to have a different color of AF than the pimp suit. I'm so sick of seeing red and black everywhere I look.
    Last edited by Iarendiel; 04-24-2008, 07:36 AM. Reason: totally didn't realize this was in RDM forums
    Originally Posted by Neosutra
    Jesus Christ guys, no one will get banned from this Salvage dupe. It isnt trackable, it isnt traceable, and you dont alter any game mechanics to do it. Anyone thinking people will get banned is a fucking moron.
    Bard 75 ~ Bard Relic: 4/5 ~ Windy Rank 10

Comment

Two pets for everyone!! I dont see why I cant bring out my puppet when leveling my bst main job ;_; or a dragon while leveling summoner at early (or later) levels.
      sigpic

Comment

If this doesn't just have to be about RDM, then I want a sneak/invis song for my Bard, despite the fact I would be making a bunch of noise to cast the song.

And I wish SE would give out loans, I'd totally apply for a few million gil they remove from our systems.
        Originally Posted by Neosutra
        Jesus Christ guys, no one will get banned from this Salvage dupe. It isnt trackable, it isnt traceable, and you dont alter any game mechanics to do it. Anyone thinking people will get banned is a fucking moron.
        Bard 75 ~ Bard Relic: 4/5 ~ Windy Rank 10

Comment

I want to be able to fuse all my elemental staves with my joyeuse to make a super voltron beam saber of justice.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

For whm

I want an angel of mercy spell that lets me sprout angelic wings and possibly a really shiny halo and fly (at vastly increased movement speed) to any dead person in the zone sans aggro. I get so fed up of agreeing to help people by going to raise them, finding they are a good 5-10 minutes run away and then getting 'hurry only x minutes left!' every minute, plus anything that lets me fly is going to be cool.

Edit: Plus I want Taskmages uber weapon but only if it's called a Super Voltron beam saber of justice :D and is a club so I can hexastrike with it.
            sigpic
            Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
              I want to be able to fuse all my elemental staves with my joyeuse to make a super voltron beam saber of justice.
              You had me laughing out loud at school. Darn you, TM!

Awyways, just the title of this thread sounds like an update for Summoner that would fit the theme of this thread! (Or Beastmaster . . . )
              Originally posted by Armando
              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
              Originally posted by Armando
              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
              Matthew 16:15

Comment

I want the option to pick which job abilities I can have, no matter what my job/sub combination actually is (sans 2-hrs, 'cause we don't want it to be broken).

WHM/SCH with access to convert and flee.
                WAR/DNC with counter, boost, focus, retaliation, flee,
                RDM/BLM with access to Divine Seal and flee.

Although, I guess this would make /DNC useless, since all of the waltzes/sambas/jigs/steps, etc are job abilities anyways!

gimme gimme

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Also for WHM: The "sixth sense" job trait - searches of an area would reveal those that are dead and allow them to be marked on your map. I love helping, and barring an angelic wing-powered zip to the corpse, being able to easily locate and ask if they need help (and also knowing where to go) would make me feel more helpful.
                  Last edited by Aerinravage; 04-24-2008, 05:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

personally i'd like the ability to toss taru party members at the mob for extra damage...

also the ability to pick up a taru party member and use it a shield durring battle would be fun...

actually anything that would abuse the taru party members would be fun
                    Death and taxes...
                    Death and taxes...
                    DEATH and taxes...
                    I think I like it.

Comment

Multiple character control

That's pretty much it.

Comment

I want a JA that lets me eat Mobs food, steal THEIR buffs and cast Amnesia on THEM

I want moar SC+MB Mobs

I want moar inventory space (PS2 my aching dupa! for a few tiny microseconds of retrieve time they could easily store the information elsewhere and increase inventory drastically)

And I want a pony and a plastic rocket...
                        sigpic

(\ /)
                        ( . . )
                        C(")(")
                        ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

Time mage. >_>

Comment

For PLD:
                            - Runic from FFVI (become a magic lightning rod and convert the next offensive spell into MP.)
                            - Second Wind (or was it Second Chance?) from Kingdom Hearts (have a chance to survive a fatal blow with 1 HP.)
                            - Either A rank Great Sword skill, or S-E stops littering the game with lots of mediocre PLD-only Great Swords.

For WAR:
                            Defense Bonus I-III, Shield Mastery II, more Size 3 shields (preferably with REALLY FREAKING SWEET DD STATS).

Also, change elemental staves into neck items. Gets rid of the visible gear swap and stops gimping the hybrid jobs.

EDIT: Oh, yes, just because I'm feeling sadistic, I want Spellblade to be given to DRKs so the Mystic Knight supporters can cry more!
                            EDIT2: And Haste for WAR when equipping a shield.
                            Last edited by Armando; 04-25-2008, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I want Puppetmaster's name officially changed to Poppetmaster.

POP for short.

Comment

Working...
                              X