What to do next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do next?

I started off as a rdm. I took it to level 18 and leveled my blm to level 19. Then i took rdm level 32 and decided to unlock nin. My problem is that i really don't want to level up my war to level my nin. Is there any other job that i can level instead of war, or should i just give up on nin and level something different that helps my rdm?
    Last edited by jigzaw; 03-21-2008, 12:47 PM.

Re: What to do next?

Other than WAR? Well... you could try Dancer as a subjob for NIN at the later levels (30+), but that doesn't get around the tacit requirement for WAR for the first 29 levels or so.

A better question would be: why do you want to level NIN (a tanking job) if you can't stand the thought of WAR (which, for the first 37 levels, is basically a tanking job)?

I'm going to move this to Race and Job Q&A, as the question actually has nothing to do with Red Mage.

Icemage

Comment

You're most likely going to find yourself leveling all kinds of jobs you don't necessarily want to. Everybody ends up leveling their subjob's subjob's subjob's subjob eventually.

Unless, of course, you solo or form a static that doesn't mind unorthodox job combos.
      Ellipses on Fenrir
      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
      . . .

Comment

the reason i want to level my nin is because i m probably going to use is when i get into my high levels. thats why in not sure if i should level it now or not level it at all

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it right now then. Because if you're not going to level a melee job first, then your need for /NIN is going to pretty low. Worry about your primary mage subs first.

Comment

If you don't like lvling War then for you I would stick to your RDM or any other type of mage job. Lvling war is a much needed job for Sub in alot of different situations for any melee job you choose. Note while I will say that this is not always the case and sometimes you can do well without even touching War, more often than not you will be hard pressed to find a pty with out at some point having a war sub for a melee job. That why SE made 20 different jobs, so you have the flexability to do different jobs and use different combinations of jobs to keep you intrested in the game.

Just go out and open more jobs and see which one is to your liking and find out what will keep you intrested in playing
            Dahc Ramuh server
            San D'Oria Rank 6
            RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Comment

Working...
            X