Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what jobs would fit me?

Originally posted by Selphiie The Enchantress View Post
    It was like this 75DRG who got booted from my friends Endgame shell because they were 75 with only 4 Polearm skill.
    ROFL. Wow that's the funniest thing I've heard all day.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Yeah lol... As much as he wanted to roleplay a Dragon KNIGHT, you should never let roleplaying hinder your job performance...
      62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

Yes. I roleplay a blind samurai all the time, but low and behold... samurai "resist blind"?

What kinda crap is that, anyhow?

Actually, that's mostly a lie, but I want to do that now :D
        :: Why can't this crazy love be mine? ::

SEVE - HUME WHM (31) BLM (19) THF (17) WAR (9) MNK (5) RNG (9) BLU (1) BRD (1) DNC (1) NIN (1) :: BAHAMUT

Comment

The game lets you do what you want, and if you're stubborn enough, you can do it, and if your are happy who cares. Simple senario, you want to fight with sword and do magic. You don't care what the sword rating is for the job, you just want to chop away, so level red mage to 30 and go get a beastmaster sub job. Level up your beast, they can use much of the same armor as red mage and same swords, although they use an axe better, but you want to use a sword- go ahead. You can punch with your bare fist if you feel like it. Soon your pets will do all the killing and you can wear what you want and swing a popsickle stick if you feel like it.
          You wont get parties, you won't get a level a month, you can't do most missions or quests, but you are playing " your style". Everyone is suggesting you read to learn what the basics are, kinda like drivers training. You can drive down the main road and go pretty far, fast and safe , or go off road, crash and burn and disappear off the face of the earth. It's your game- go play.
          Beast 69 Blue 42 War 36 Pld 35 Red 35
          Thf 30 Nin 23 Rgr 17 Sam 15

Cook 100 Wood 52 Fish 31 Leather 30 Cloth 30
          Smith 22 Alchemy 20 Gold 16 Bone 15

Comment

close this thread please. Stickies are there for a reason.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by moogle pwnt View Post
              nah im a stick to FFXI sorry.. it just seems liek the best fantasy mmorpg for me.. i just need to gather info. is all b4 i go into teh frying pan :O
              World of Warcraft would be way better for your situation.

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
              DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
              BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
              Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Comment

Read what Ellipses has written very carefully, and read the material he linked to.

That's your best bet.
                Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

What you describe in your initial post describes Dark Knight just about perfectly. However, Dark Knight is something you have to earn. The ability to level that is a goal you'll need to reach. In the meantime, you'll have to make do with playing something other than Dark Knight, in ways that don't resemble how Dark Knight plays. If you can't deal with that, you may want to look into an MMO that centers more on instant gratification such as WoW.

At the beginning of the game, you can only choose from six jobs: Warrior, Monk, Thief, Black Mage, White Mage, and Red Mage. Of those, Warrior comes the closest to playing like a Dark Knight, particularly if you use a Great Axe -- incidentally one of WAR's two best weapon types. While it possesses no magic, you still get to hit things with a big weapon. Levelling WAR also has the advantages that it makes an excellent subjob for Dark Knight when you gain access to it later and that much of the gear you buy for it will also be useful for DRK.

If the magic is more important than the big weapon, then you may want to consider Red Mage instead; while red mage's melee ability with its one-handed swords or daggers quickly falls behind, at low levels it's still capable of both hitting things and nuking. However, the red mage is more often called upon to enfeeble and heal, even at those levels, and RDM isn't nearly as accepted as a DRK subjob.

When you begin, you cannot set a support job. That ability can be earned at level 18 through a quest. Once you do, be aware that your support job must be levelled seperately by switching to it as your main job. Note that your support job is capped at half the level of your current main job. This has significant implications, not the least of which is that any skills that your support job has that your main job doesn't will be very weak. Warrior/black mage works extremely poorly because of this. You will have to keep waiting. In general, pair melee jobs with melee subjobs and mage jobs with mage subjobs.

Once you reach level 30 with any of the six original jobs, you can do quests to unlock any of the other fourteen, though some of these quests will be far easier than others. The one for Dark Knight is fairly simple, just tedious. Once you complete it, have fun making your way to 75! -- Pteryx

Comment

Yea..i guess you'll like Dark Knight. Though by the way you described what you wanted on your first post its almost like you knew what you wanted but just wanted to see what people said..lol.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that this was what inspired the "professional troll" comments.

DRK is the obvious answer, yes.... but I think PLD/SMN is the *correcter* answer.
                      :: Why can't this crazy love be mine? ::

SEVE - HUME WHM (31) BLM (19) THF (17) WAR (9) MNK (5) RNG (9) BLU (1) BRD (1) DNC (1) NIN (1) :: BAHAMUT

Comment

Ai caramba. How has this thread extended to 3 pages in such a negative fashion?

---

Correct answer:

You don't have to knock yourself out worrying about what job to pick. FFXI lets you change jobs any time you like just by talking to a moogle.

Based on your description, you'll probably want to raise Monk to level 15, Warrior to 30, then unlock Dark Knight and go from there.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                        X