Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Legacy of Muffin: A hard taru decision

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    While backflips are nice and all, I'd still like to wait and see if MNK ever gets some abilities that make players put an actual conscious effort into the job. I know its asking a lot, but the job needs a some brains put in it badly, AFK MNKs are the norm these days for a reason.
    Hey mnk is nice for merits you can /autoattack and just alt-1 every so often
    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Its a great plan until the mob moves and everyone sees you're not hitting it

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
        Its a great plan until the mob moves and everyone sees you're not hitting it
        Auto-run
        [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sevv View Post
          Auto-run
          *snacks with newspaper* No. Bad. No biscuit for you. How many times we got to say it, "Don't auto-run"
          <_<;

Anyways....
          Just mnk/pld <_< you'll have a kick out of using Sentinel and then WS right after.
          Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Well, I've recently gone back over my goals for both characters and I think DRG is inevitably going to fall to Kitten now. There's really just no priority for me to level Thief and Samurai subjobs on Foobar, especially when Kitten already has one of them done and could possibly use THF sub for three other jobs.

And while I've not been enamored with RDM in the past, I can't deny that that patterning Foobar after Kitten's success would be pleasing to me (job and gear overlapped really well for Kitten's jobs, RNG helped COR, COR and RNG working out for DNC now). I really, really, really like SCH and if I'm gonna merit heavily in SCH's favor, I should have a second job that benefits directly from those merits as well. Seeing as my BRD skill merits have been completely gutted, this spares me room for full Elemental and Enfeebling merits, great for both SCH and RDM.

Why RDM? Well, its 65 and it has all the subjobs ready, sans NIN and DRK, but then, that gives me even more incentive to push forward on them as BST and SCH could benefit from thier use. SCH accessories totally overlap, too. And if I'm going to level SCH out of static, I want to maintain my dignity to those I staticed SCH with and leave them a job to pick up with that's comprable and self-sufficient, which RDM totally is.

Its also compliments BST for my soloist desires. I'm not the "zomglookatmesoroing" kinda guy. I just solo, its not a big deal, but having both BST and RDM done to 75, in time, would afford me a ton of opportunities to persue things independantly. I just gotta find it within myself to camp another Joytoy (ugh, ugh, ugh), but I think I can live with that.

So, scoff me if you must, but I'm gonna take RDM back up instead of pushing NIN to 75 for no good reason. 56 is as far as NIN would ever need to go anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X