X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party VS All Other Sub Discussion

Hello All,

I thought we'd finally start discussing the pros and cons of the appropriate sub-job options for Time Mage. Though, I'm not even sure Time Mage is confirmed yet. Anyway, I'll go with some of the more obvious choices. Good luck to all you future Time Mages!!!

My Picks In Order:
    1. RDM
    2. BLM
    3. WHM
    4. COR/BRD/DNC
    5. Other mages
    6. Other Misc/DD

Thanks,

Evion

(Maybe I'll get my first sticky... )
    Last edited by Evion; 11-02-2007, 09:04 AM.
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Re: Party VS All Other Sub Discussion

By "the more obvious choices," don't you mean "every possible option?" I mean, once you put "other misc." on a list, you've pretty much covered everything.

Comment

I'm still having a hard time understanding why would people try to discuss about subjobs and other gameplay mechanics for jobs that aren't even out yet and that we have no freaking idea what the jobs will actually do.

Although I guess this can be seen as a place holder for when the time comes.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
        I'm still having a hard time understanding why would people try to discuss about subjobs and other gameplay mechanics for jobs that aren't even out yet and that we have no freaking idea what the jobs will actually do.
        Because people are stupid. Lets also not forget that this job hasn't even been announced.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Those were my picks in order from best to worst. So, it actually makes sense.

You guys need to get out of your mother's basement and think outside of the box, robots. Who cares if people discuss possibilities? Yeah, I want to talk about all possible jobs. And what do you have to say about it? Something. Becuase you always do...
          Current Server: Asura
          Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
          Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
          Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
          Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
          Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post
            You guys need to get out of your mother's basement and think outside of the box, robots.
            Oh, shit, robots have learned to procreate!
            Ellipses on Fenrir
            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
            . . .

Comment

Could be because you have no knowledge of the series pre-dating FFVII or haven't played anything outside of FFXI. This could be why you and others have "no freaking idea" what these jobs would do.

We got plenty of morons already thinking Dancer is a Bard-type class when the series has shown it to be anything but a Bard. Before RDM was given the enfeebling crown in FFXI, Dance owned that crown. The most popular representation of Dancer was when it was hybridized with Geomancer.

Since FFXI's designs tend to favor classic Final Fantasy (I-VI) and given the descriptions SE has given us thus far, I would assume Dancer is going to fall somewhere between the versions that appeared in FFV and FFVI. It definately sounds like they're favoring enfeebles and nukes with a dash of melee activity and a very mild number of party buffs. That is what dancer has been.

Time Mage shouldn't be stumping anyone.

Slow, Haste, Gravity, Stun, and Regen - these are known forms of Time Magic. There's also Reflect and Meteor, but we don't get to play with those. There are quite a few spells that still haven't been covered, either. Plus I could see Time Mage absorbing a few Calculator abilities.

I'm pretty sure that if Time Mage were to get added, /WHM, /RDM and /BLM would all have a place in functioning with it. Hard to see this job as anything but a backline mage class, anyway.

Now, all that said, how these jobs functioned in other games and how they pan out online are two different things. Ninja did not pan out like Ninja in other Final Fantasy games, in FFXI, it became a tank. And if RDM or COR had been/remained a literal translation of their console counterparts, it would have been a mess. Pretty much every other job feels a bit faithful to its forerunners, but all are subject to the trends that take place within the game.

SE can design the job classically, but it will be subject to the player trends over time, which ultimately defines them.

So we DO have an idea of how these jobs would work online, its more to the end of how players adapt those skills to the online realm, which may not be want we or SE expected.

Comment

hurray for baseless speculation! :D
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                  Could be because you have no knowledge of the series pre-dating FFVII or haven't played anything outside of FFXI. This could be why you and others have "no freaking idea" what these jobs would do.
                  Right, because SE always implements jobs as they were in past games.

Unless you have inside info on how exactly the job will work on XI just save your "expertise" for other subjects.
                  sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Right, because SE always implements jobs as they were in past games.
                    Has you bothered to read any of what I had said, you wouldn't be saying this now. But I my expectation of you are generally low, so I can't say I find this surprising.

Once more:

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten
                    Now, all that said, how these jobs functioned in other games and how they pan out online are two different things. Ninja did not pan out like Ninja in other Final Fantasy games, in FFXI, it became a tank. And if RDM or COR had been/remained a literal translation of their console counterparts, it would have been a mess. Pretty much every other job feels a bit faithful to its forerunners, but all are subject to the trends that take place within the game.
                    Maybe I should open a school for literacy on Kujata.
                    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 11-02-2007, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                      Has you bothered to read any of what I had said, you wouldn't be saying this now. But I my expectation of you are generally low, so I can't say I find this surprising.
                      Heheh, that doesn't change the fact that you have absolutely no idea of how is SE gonna implement the job(s) on XI, so whatever it is that you think you know is irrelevant.
                      sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

I'm in favour of wait-and-see myself ... until you know for certain how Time Mage is implemented in FFXI (assuming it IS implemented), all of this can't come to all THAT much.

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post
                          discussing the pros and cons of the appropriate sub-job options for Time Mage.
                          Nothing!

/em maniacal laugh
                          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                          X