Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Final Fantasy XI Origins project

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    That's like saying RDM is a WHM because it can cast cure.
    What, you mean we're NOT?

Imagine that...

Comment

Well this thread died off pretty quick.

To those who are/were interested, if we were to divvy up bios for multiple jobs, would you be interested in that? I can take on a few different jobs. Some histories are easier to write than others since some jobs have a lesser tenure in the series, like BRD, who really only has Edward and Lenne to draw from in terms of any references.

I can see myself going to COR, BRD, RNG and BST since those are jobs I focus on.

Comment

I just noticed this thread, so if it is not too late, I would love to do Thief. I might even pick up some extra unclaimed jobs if you need me too.
        FFXIV Balmung Server
        Tenro Matashi
        PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

If nobody has claimed them, I'll take Dragoon and Blue Mage. Since you've got Corsair already, I'll leave that to you BBQ.

Malacite: Think of it this way: Gau is a Blue Mage, but he goes into a berserker rage when he attempts to use his blue magic, much like what happens to a BLU in XI when he/she lets the Beast within take over (and subsequently turns into a Soul Flayer). However, Gau's managed to somehow remain what and who he is, thus becoming some sort of wild Blue Mage, but a Blue Mage nonetheless. Strago is just a Blue Mage that's a master of the class, and has spent his whole life training in it, where as Gau just picked it up in the wild.

Strago and Gau use the same style of combat: Enemy Skills. Blue Magic. They just use different methods of control. Just because you don't use MP to use the enemy's skill, doesn't nessesarily mean it's not blue magic.

Comment

OK, so thus far we have

DRK - Tyros
            DRG - Lilith Angel
            BLU - Lilith Angel
            NIN - Possibly Sev on that
            THF - Wise Donkey
            COR - BBQ
            BST - BBQ
            PLD - ???
            BRD - ???
            RNG - ???
            WHM - ???
            BLM - ???
            RDM - ???
            WAR - ???
            MNK - ???
            SMN - ???
            SAM - ???
            PUP - ???
            Dancer - ???

I'll leave RNG and BRD open in case someone wants to cover them, if not, i'll move on to those myself and others are free to move on to the other jobs if they want, just mention it here so there's no confusion.

Comment

To say Gau is a BLU is to say Morpher isn't a class.

Hell, load up FF6 (any platform) and guess what? Blue mage is clearly listed under Strago's name only. Strago is the classic (and first) BLU character to ever show up. For the sake of simplicity, just use him and not Gau.

I am still interested in this BBQ I just don't ppl getting the wrong idea here. Gau is not a BLU, even though there are similarities. BST can technically use mob attacks too, but they're not a BLU now are they?

So let's just drop it and forget about Gau.

I want to know what to classify Zidane as. Yah, he's obviously THF, but he can also dual-wield and has some rather stupidly high (warrior level really) attack power and over all stats... and there's the villains too. Are covering them as well, or just the heroes?
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                I want to know what to classify Zidane as. Yah, he's obviously THF, but he can also dual-wield and has some rather stupidly high (warrior level really) attack power and over all stats... and there's the villains too. Are covering them as well, or just the heroes?
                We could nit-pick characters all day, I would rather not get into that. Classify them by what they resemble the most and be done with it. I definitely think we should classify villains, but the difficulty there is we can only judge by what we have seen them do, as we do not get behind the controls of most villains, and thus can't look at all of their abilities. Again, I say classify them by what they most obviously resemble.

BBQ - If no one else shows up that wants WAR or PLD, I will take them also.
                ------------------------------------------
                Also to note - not every character in the FF series HAS to fall into a category. Some of them have been unique and can be labeled just as that.
                ------------------------------------------
                Let's see if the Forum will auto-merge a triple post!

Question - These threads will be posted into the particular Job's Forum, or all gathered into one thread?

And if Geomancer pops up in WotG, I call dibs.
                Last edited by Wise Donkey; 10-04-2007, 01:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                FFXIV Balmung Server
                Tenro Matashi
                PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Since some jobs classes are more sparse than others in terms of character, I say villains are fair game. DRK and PLD are pretty lonely if we just leave them with their series characters, so the Tactics/Tactics Advanced characters could be tapped along with villains.

As for Gau, from what I've read on various sites, most people consider him a BLU variant. Learning and using enemy skills is what defines the class. Its not a matter of those skills requiring MP nor is it how they learn the enemy skills. Quistis learned them from items, Khimari learned them from Lancet, Quina learned it by eating its enemies, Gau was left alone on the Veldt to learn it and Strago had to e present in parties to learn it.

At the end of the day, they all learn enemy skills and spells. Thus, they are BLU.

Comment

We could nit-pick characters all day
                    This is what happens when threads like this are made. There is already a website that gives the jobs and what game they were in. I guess what is trying to be accomplished here is the story behind each character.
                    Thanks Kazuki.
                    Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Working...
                    X