Taru NIN and Taru SAM - Ochiudo's vs Pallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taru NIN and Taru SAM - Ochiudo's vs Pallas

My Taru Ninja is 62 and my Samurai is currently 48 and I'm wondering if any tarus out there have experience with both Ochiudo's Kote and Pallas Bracelets for either job. I'm looking for advice on how they compare considering our genetic str defficiency. I'm currently using Ochiudo's and am wondering if it would make sense to switch to Pallas, especially since the update has modified str and dex for Samurai.

Re: Taru NIN and Taru SAM - Ochiudo's vs Pallas

Get kote for TP, and macro pallas in for WS. Maybe for NIN only though, on the WS bit. There is too much -DEX in my opinion for it to be used by 2handers now.

Comment

For the most post, pre & post 2handed update, the Gigas bracelets Lv.50+ are WS ONRY. Even with the Lv.70 Gigas bracelets STR (Alky's), O. Kote's Atk out does the Bracelet's STR.

I hit SAM59 just last night, took me 3 and half months to get the drop on my Kotes, and I only switch them off for STR build before WS.

Now I'm no Taru, but that translates across the board.
      Odude
      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Originally posted by tdh View Post
        For the most post, pre & post 2handed update, the Gigas bracelets Lv.50+ are WS ONRY. Even with the Lv.70 Gigas bracelets STR (Alky's), O. Kote's Atk out does the Bracelet's STR.

I hit SAM59 just last night, took me 3 and half months to get the drop on my Kotes, and I only switch them off for STR build before WS.

Now I'm no Taru, but that translates across the board.

Hah hah, no. I'd rather have 12 STR and Attack over just 20 attack. But you are right though, in that they shouldn't be used full time since it really impacts your accuracy (unless you've got full GKT merits and are not seeing any real detriment)

Of course, I'm a 75 Elvaan SAM and I love to whore all the +STR I can for my Soboro >_>b

And by 70+ I find Ochuido's Kote to be more of a MNK item than SAM. I'd much rather use my Hachiman Kote for +4STR and +8 Store TP.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
          Hah hah, no. I'd rather have 12 STR and Attack over just 20 attack. But you are right though, in that they shouldn't be used full time since it really impacts your accuracy (unless you've got full GKT merits and are not seeing any real detriment)
          There will be instances where you'll find that STR will benefit you more than Atk, but how many people do you really know in this category at Lv.70? Though I will concede that with 8 GKT Merits, and Bushi the STR+11 from Alky's would out perform Atk+20.

And by 70+ I find Ochuido's Kote to be more of a MNK item than SAM. I'd much rather use my Hachiman Kote for +4STR and +8 Store TP.
          I guess it depends on how you gather the Store TP+21 needed, but I did a ridiculous amount of work to get my O. Kotes. You'll be hard pressed to get them off my hands.
          Odude
          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Fair enough, but if the acc-down isn't a problem then the bracelets really are better since you're still getting 11/20 attack and increasing your damage curve per swing (STR vs VIT)
            Last edited by Malacite; 09-30-2007, 11:30 AM.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I think the point being made is that if you're a 2hander, you're really getting 11 str and 11 attack with Allys, as opposed to just 20 attack with O.kotes. You're giving up 9 attack for 11 str. That's not a cut and dry comparison. That 11 str is still doing a lot for you and you're still getting a decent attack boost.

Furthermore, I don't think wearing -dex items is that big of a deal. 2handers all got a considerable boost in acc with the update. Even if you wore something that took away 10 of your current acc, you'd still have more acc now than before the 2hander update. Chances are, if you weren't suffering with acc using str bracelets before the update, you still won't be suffering now. Not even close. That goes for Pallas too.
              My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
              Originally posted by Balfree
              Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Working...
              X