Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am so sorry to bother you guys, I am Stuck Between lving Smn or Blm please help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so sorry to bother you guys, I am Stuck Between lving Smn or Blm please help me

Ok my smn is almost lv 67 while my blm is lv 57. I am stuck between both jobs. I want a job that does big dmg number's and that can solo if need be.

i know each job job has its con's and pros. On 1 hand i have smn almost lv 70 which i get the 70 Bp which do good dmg, and cause no hate to me. But i can only use 1 min -45 sec which kind of sucks. I also know i will main heal still even though i am almost lv 70+

Blm has a problem getting partys which i see why with the new areas. but they cause some sick dmg and dot. The cons is i am at lv 57 but by solo i can gain lvs very fast, and i am worried about the gear wise, my pockets are not so deep and i want to be the best player i can be.

after looking at thease options i just dont know what to pick, and please dont say play both. Only way i can play 1 is if i sell gear from 1 for the other.

my ls tells me to stay smn. Because at Endgame i am 1 of the best Dd's in the game

Re: I am so sorry to bother you guys, I am Stuck Between lving Smn or Blm please help

Originally posted by Thoris View Post
    Ok my smn is almost lv 67 while my blm is lv 57.
    One is... 67.. so I'd say the closest one to 75... which is SMN.

BLM can't cast elemental magic on Birds in the new areas, since the brids have reflect.

I'd go with SMN.

Or if you want, try to stick with gear used by both jobs, that way, you can lvl both together. Just a thought...

But yeah, I'd go with SMN. You'll hit 75 sooner.

Comment

Re: I am so sorry to bother you guys, I am Stuck Between lving Smn or Blm please help

Stay SMN. BLMs still have a much harder time getting to level 75 these days. Come back and hit BLM later once your SMN is 75.

Icemage

Comment

Stick with SMN. Then go back and level your BLM when you've got more money. You know, after you take some time to make enough money.

Comment

smn all the way (^.^)b. Finish up farm on smn and then go back to your blm.
          -wanders back to lvling his rng-
          [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

BLM will take you a long time to level to 75 right now. I'd stick with summoner.
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I wanna be different and say BLM! I don't know why, I just don't like following the herd <.<

But no, if you enjoy smn, and already have the gear for it, finish it off. Then you can lounge around make gil and collects bits and pieces of gear you want for blm later on. Maybe even if you start dynamis, you'll get lucky and get a few AF2 for your blm while you're there.

Comment

Originally posted by Necropolis View Post
                But no, if you enjoy smn, and already have the gear for it, finish it off. Then you can lounge around make gil and collects bits and pieces of gear you want for blm later on. Maybe even if you start dynamis, you'll get lucky and get a few AF2 for your blm while you're there.
                Most Dynamis shells (the good ones, anyway) have rules in place to prevent leeching of v2s so it only goes to those that genuinely need it. Most wouldn't let you lot of v2s you're not of the level to use, much less lot on a job that isn't 65+

I'd go with SMN since its closest to 75 right now. They have the edge on DD for ToA mobs with physical magic from avatars and get really powerful at high level.

Comment

thank you very much,

So everyone is telling me go to smn. I was lving my blm and i got it to lv 58. My ? for you is with smn do they have burn parties like blm, I love smn so much more then any other job i was just tired of the ehh dmg i was doing. on Vt prey i was doing 500-600 with eclipse bite and then i need to wait 1 more min for Bp again. I have most of my smn gear left. I sold teh feet and legs but i already have the af for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                    Most Dynamis shells (the good ones, anyway) have rules in place to prevent leeching of v2s so it only goes to those that genuinely need it. Most wouldn't let you lot of v2s you're not of the level to use, much less lot on a job that isn't 65+

I'd go with SMN since its closest to 75 right now. They have the edge on DD for ToA mobs with physical magic from avatars and get really powerful at high level.
                    Thats true, but there are occasions where it's a rot lot, such as my blm is 41, yet I have the blm legs. My pld is 25 and I have the hands. I also have a 4/5 drg af2 set. If there are no need for them from the blms in the shell, then he would be closest having it in the high 50s at least.

---

As to smn burn parties. A few I know with duo/trio/quatro or what ever and kill suicidal mobs. My smn isn't high enough to tell you where or what. But I believe Uleguerand Range is where they usually go.

Comment

Working...
                    X