Gear suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear suggestions

I am currently sitting on 31RDM, 12SMN and 6WHM.

Right now my gear is gimped - my RDM is using the Beetle set fro lvl 21 (got given to me) and my SMN and WHM have only the Robe.

So, to sort this out, I plan on getting the RSE kit for my RDM, and the Baron's/Seers kit for my SMN and WHM for when they hit 20.

I am hoping the RSE stuff will last my char till lvl 40 and can be reused for my SMN and WHM for those lvl's too. Ill worry about higher lvl stuff when I get there.

ANy suggestions/amendments?

I am finally taking a break in lvling to focus to other things like crafting, gear and making gil except for my SMN, I want 20 to get my avatars!

Re: Gear suggestions

Sounds pretty good. Your best bet to is to look at some guides on the jobs to find good gear suggestions. Most guides have a gear section. Check out FFXIclopedia for job guides. Look at the bottom of the page for the guides.

Direct links to jobs you mentioned:
    White Mage
    Summoner
    Red Mage

Nice pieces
    Justice Badge - quest
    Wands (Willow, Yew, etc) - cheap
    White Cape
    Black Cape
    Mist Silk Cape - drop from my favorite NM
    Black Silk Neckerchief - quest

RSE legs and feet are good choices for RDM if you a Hume. I don't know about other races.
    Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
    I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Thanks for the useful reply.

I think I am going to craft the Seer's gear as much as I can as it costs $$$ on AH but can be crafted at Clothcraft 25 according to somepage - but im currently 0 so it might take a while!

I have really neglected my crafts so far so I am going to spend ages getting them up to scratch...

Comment

Clothcraft to 30-ish is rather easy and cheap if you know where to go. Massacre Yagudos in Giddeus for their necklaces and use a wind crystal to desynth into grass thread. Threads to cloths and cloths to hachimaki and kenpogi.

From there, move on to linen thread by using a lightning crystal on flax flowers bought at the Airship dock.

I'm currently on Wool @ 33... Wool sucks to farm.

EDIT: Wow, I really need to update my sig
        Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
        I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Working...
        X