This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subjobs

If i were to go monk/sam (for high dmg and WS mania) would i get the sam 2 hour ability or is that only if you main job that job? Also i read that your subjob could only be half of you main job, so does that mean if i want to be a 75monk/75sam would i have to lvl both seperatly or am i wrong. sry about the many questions and long post

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: Subjobs

your sub can only be half your main so they cant both be 75.....
    murmur

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=58184

Comment

You only get the 2 hour job ability of your main job. You could level each job to 75 separately, but if you were lvl 75 with your monk and subbed samurai, then it would be mnk75/sam37. Your samurai is still lvl 75, but can only go up to 37 when subbed.
      I hope that made sense.
      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

If my sam were 37 due to being a subjob, would i stillhave access to his higher than lvl 37 moves and ablilites?

Comment

Originally posted by sp4rk
          If my sam were 37 due to being a subjob, would i stillhave access to his higher than lvl 37 moves and ablilites?
          No.

Icemage

Comment

Ok lets say i have both a 75 sam and 75 monk
            i specc monk/sam
            making my monk 75 and my sam 37
            if i decided to go sam monk would my sam be bumped back up to 75 or would i have to lvl it again.

Also if i decided to drop monk and go drg my monk would be 75 and my drg would be 0
            can i still lvl it up being that it is my subjob or do i have to transfer it to my main?

~sorry about all the question and thanks

Comment

you only get experiance if the job is you main and if you wouldnt have to level you sam back up its only capped to half your main, if you changed it to your main it would still be lvl 75

Comment

Originally posted by sp4rk
                You'll get all the abilities UP TO 37... nothing after that if it's a sub.

Comment

The only way you ever lose levels on any job is by dying with that job as your main job and losing enough experience points to drop to the previous level. Other than death, once you get Samurai to 75, Samurai will always be 75. Once you get Monk to 75, Monk will always be 75.

When you set a job as your subjob, it is capped at half your main job's level. Anytime you get your main job to an even-numbered level, assuming your sub job is pre-leveled, it will go up by one (the exceptions being levels 1 and 2). Here are several examples:

Assume you have MNK 75, SAM 75, DRG 1, and NIN 14. Here are your possible job combos (using just those jobs):
                  MNK75/SAM37
                  MNK75/DRG1
                  MNK75/NIN14
                  SAM75/MNK37
                  SAM75/DRG1
                  SAM75/NIN14
                  DRG1/MNK1
                  DRG1/SAM1
                  DRG1/NIN1
                  NIN14/SAM7
                  NIN14/MNK7
                  NIN14/DRG1

There is no such thing as level 0 with jobs. Once you get your DRG to level 4, all those subjobs would be capped at level 2.
                  Ellipses on Fenrir
                  There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                  . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses
                    There is no such thing as level 0 with jobs. Once you get your DRG to level 4, all those subjobs would be capped at level 2.
                    What if you haven't unlocked an advanced job yet? :D

Ok, being silly now. >.<

Comment

Thank you all for your help.

Comment

Working...
                      X