Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Unlock Blue Mage & Puppetmaster, Elaborated.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Unlock Blue Mage & Puppetmaster, Elaborated.

How To Unlock Blue Mage & Puppetmaster, Elaborated.

Alright, I'm going to Elaborate on Nicolette's Blue Mage FAQ and add Puppetmaster as well to the mix.

----- Blue Mage's Side -----

To start off Blue Mage, you'll need three items gained from other quests surrounding
    the general area of Bastok.

The three items you will need are:

· Valkurm Sunsand (Can be bought from AH)
    · Dangruf Stone (Rare/Ex)
    · Siren's Tear (Rare)

These three items are gained from their respective Bastok Quests...
    Which are Stardust, Breaking Stones, and The Siren's Tear. So let's
    start with Stardust.

Flag Stardust by going to the Metalworks and speaking with Baldric who is at (G-9).

Basically he wants you to bring him a pinch of Valkurm Sunsand. To obtain it, you can do one of two things.

· Buy it from the Auction House.
    · Go to Valkurm Dunes to the beached ship on the shore at (H-9), wait until Earth Weather, and examine the ???.

Once you meet either requirement and get the Valkurm Sunsand. Hold onto it.

Now on to Breaking Stones. You flag this one by going to the "Gold Street" area of Bastok Markets and
    talking to Horatius, who's inside a Trader's House. He'll tell you about how he wants a precious stone from
    Dangruf Wadi. So go to Dangruf Wadi at position I & J-5 and search for a ??? there. Once you find the
    ???, examine it for a stone.

Note : I heard in order to obtain the stone, it must be during Clear Skies Weather.

Hold onto that item, and we'll move on to part three... The Siren's Tear.

Go to Bastok Mines and talk to Wahid... The fat Hume guy by the South-East Corner of the Auction House. You'll know
    him when you see him. Talk to him, and he'll tell you about the Siren's Tear. Go to the Steaming Sheep Restaurant in
    Port Bastok and talk to Carmelo, the lonely Bard.

He'll tell you about the Siren's Tear. Now, through Port Bastok, zone into North Gustaberg. But before you zone, strip
    yourself of your weapons... This includes Ranged and Ammo... (yes, music instruments too). Now head west until you reach
    the small river. Use Tab Key up and down it until you find the ???. Examine it to get the Siren's Tear. You must
    not have any weapons equipped, otherwise it won't work.

Now that you have all three items. Head to the Aht Urghan Whitegate.

If you don't have access to Aht Urghan, consult the Elvaan Male NPC in the Tenshodo Headquarters in Lower Jeuno. I
    forget his name. It begins with an "L", but you'll know him when you see him. He has spiky blonde hair.

Once you get your access to Aht Urghan and sail there via "SPECIAL" Ship from Mhaura.

First thing's first. Get your maps.

I've marked the Map Vendor on the Map below. It's in the first area where the ship drops you off, so you should
    find it with ease.

Once you've got your maps, head to the upper floor and make your way east to the NPC known as Waoud.

Waoud is a Seer, and wants to tell your fortune. He'll ask you a series of questions.

Depending on how you answer them, he'll ask for one of the three items we had you collect earlier.

You need to read his descriptions carefully to tell which item he asks for.

Once you know the right item. Trade it to him. And Waoud will make you wait one whole game day.

Once the game day passes, talk to him again, and trade him the same item. Let Waoud know that you're
    certain you want to go through with it (He'll give you the option).

He'll then tell you to head to Aydeewa Subterrane. You get there by heading West into
    Al Zabhi...

Then heading north to Bhaflau Thickets.

If you've followed the route I've drawn for you, you'll reach Aydeewa Subterrane with ease.

Once you're in Aydeewa, as my partner Nicolette pointed out, it's pretty straightforward from here.

"From here, [keep going straight, and follow the right wall] into the first large room with Diremites.
    There's a large ramp [to the left side from where you dropped down] in the wall. [Much like the waterfall
    slide at the top floor of the Boyahda Tree]. [If you go down] the wall, that leads down to a spot with leeches,
    and a large pool in the center that looks like a teleporter. Steeping in the center of that will summon the
    immortals.

Answer yes twice to his questions, and you become a Blue Mage."

- Nicolette [With my own additions]

I included a video of myself incase you guys get lost (I don't see how you would), but it includes a nice
    cutscene. Only look at it if you don't mind the ending spoiler.

You can view the video here.

Now, for Puppetmaster.

Puppetmaster starts off in Bastok Markets. Where you'll see an Elvaan Male in full Puppetmaster AF by the name
    of Shamarhaan. Talk to him for the prerequisite cutscene.

He'll send you to go talk to his apprentice. Iruki-Waraki, who is in Aht Urghan Whitegate.

Iruki, flustered that the master sent you to go ask the apprentice questions, decides he wants you to get him
    an Automaton.

As shown on the map again:

The First Map Again.

Head to the Automation Shop and talk to the Galka shopkeeper wearing a Goldsmithing Apron there. His name is
    Ghatsad.

An Image Of Ghatsad.

He basically wants you to go to Arrapago Reef and get him a brand new Automaton to work on, so you can
    give it to Iruki.

So, if you notice the Anchor on the north end of the map, that's where you have to go.

You will board yet ANOTHER ferry to a place called Nashmau.

Map of Nashmau

In Nashmau, head north and make your way to Caedarva Mire.

I urge you to BE CAREFUL in the Mire. The types of mobs you encounter will aggro by
    Sight, Sound, and Blood.

There are "Doom Toad", "Skeleton", "Walking Tree", "Sheep", "Treant", and "Lamia" type
    mobs here, so keep Sneak & Invisible up as often as you can.

Now, look at this map.

Map of Caedarva Mire

If you followed my route, you should zone out and be at (H-9) on the map...

What you want to do is make your way to (I-6), because that's where the zone
    to Arrapago Reef is.

Once you're inside the reef, it's pretty easy from here.

You'll be inside a cave when you zone. Just hug the right wall, and eventually
    you'll come out to see a huge shipwreck... Head for the Shipwreck and Tab Key around.

You'll find a ??? right off the bat. Check it and you'll see this:

I wonder what that might be...?

You'll obtain the key item: Antique Automaton.

Take it back to Ghatsad. He's gonna need some time to work on it, so come back after about
    one game day has passed. When you do, he'll give you back the Automaton. So take it back
    to Iruki.

Talk with Iruki for a cutscene.

Once the Cutscene is over, you must select a name for your Automaton:

You may choose from :

· Luron
    · Drille
    · Tournefoux
    · Chafouin
    · Plaisantin
    · Loustic
    · Histrion
    · Bobeche
    · Bougrion
    · Rouleteau
    · Allouette
    · Serenade
    · Ficelette
    · Tocadie
    · Caprice
    · Foucade
    · Capillotte
    · Quenotte
    · Pacotille
    · Comedie
    · Kagekiyo
    · Toraoh
    · Genta
    · Kintoki
    · Koumei
    · Pamama
    · Lobo
    · Tsukushi
    · Oniwaka
    · Kenbishi
    · Hannya
    · Mashira

After you make your choice, here is your reward:

Your Reward.

So... It's a Ranged Weapon?

You will now be able to become a Puppetmaster. And you'll obtain an "Animator" to move your puppet.

That's it. I hope both myself and Nicolette have been helpful in giving you insight as to what to expect.

Also, Nicolette and myself have begun an "All-Blue Mage LS" called "PerfectBlue". If you would like to join us,
    speak with Nicolette or myself in game on Quetzalcoatl server.

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by DeviFoxx; 04-20-2006, 02:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ___
    ( 『My Personal Site♪』 )
    http://devifoxx.deviantart.com/ ←☆★ My Artist's Portfolio ★☆

- DeviFoxx -

Re: How To Unlock Blue Mage & Puppetmaster, Elaborated.

rate up ^^
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I entered at G-7 in the Thickets, and found it there was well. Probably 2 minutes inside, large blue pad.

Comment

Side Note: Apparently whichever names you can choose for your Automaton is randomized. I named my puppet "Rouleteau", while another named his "Nutcracker"...

If you peek inside the .DAT files regarding the Aht Urghan Whitegate area, you'll see the other name choices.
        ___
        ( 『My Personal Site♪』 )

- DeviFoxx -

Comment

Devi...finnaly can go get PUP now xD

Comment

Aye. Go for it.

I just haven't done Corsair yet.

Trying to get Mog Locker right now because I DESPERATELY need the space.
            ___
            ( 『My Personal Site♪』 )

- DeviFoxx -

Comment

Thanks heaps Devi, very good information.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

Originally posted by DeviFoxx
                I just haven't done Corsair yet.
                ~.~

Well actually, i should be glad that Corsair doesn't seem to be so popular, as I want to be one . Faster party invite ^^............ depending on when I get the expansion between now and 20 days >.>
                http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

wow! those quests are surprisingly easy

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Aye. I'm supposed to be raising BLU right now.

I just got my Mog Locker...

And I feel SO relieved... It's like dropping a huge... ummm... you know what, in the toilet...

I had too much stuff on my hands.
                    ___
                    ( 『My Personal Site♪』 )

- DeviFoxx -

Comment

By the way, do -not- throw away the Animator unless you definately won't be playing as PUP any time in the future.

Apparently it is very expensive to replace. >.>
                      There will be cake.

Comment

found this on KI.

Luck of the Draw
                        Client: Ratihb (Shararat Teahouse, Aht Urhgan Whitegate)
                        Summary:
                        Ratihb wants you to check on
                        his son Wasuhd, who has gone
                        in search of his older brother.

CS 2 -
                        NPC beginning with an M in the way of the devout area of aht urhgan whitegate, along the East wall.

CS 3 -Take the northern port ship to nashmau. Exit the north exit of nashmau and head to caedarva mire then to arrapago reef where there is a ??? on a old ship. This is the 2nd ??? in the area, the first is for pup. U will need a lamia fang key to get to this ??? which drops off of lamia and bones in the area.

CS-4 Take the west exit from nashmau to cae mire and into talacca cove where u will find one more ???. After this ??? find the rock slab in a cave behind it fr the last CS. Now u are a corsair.

-Mulligan first Corsair of Unicorn

ps ill add more info when its not 3am
                        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Wow dude.... thanks for the amazing info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

DeviFoxx Learns His First Blue Mage Spell!

YEAH!!!

I LEARNED MY FIRST BLUE MAGE SPELL!!

Check it out!

Yahoo!!!!

Apparently, learning a Blue Magic spell is sheer luck by the looks of things.

Just like the original Final Fantasy games.

I learned Metallic Body by just a happy turn of chance.

Check out these shots.

Apparently, it's possible to change your Blue Mage spell roster "On The Fly".

You probably can't do it during battles though.

And from the looks of things, you need to be a certain level to use each
                            Blue Mage skill. I learned Metallic Body as a Lv. 7 BLU... But it says it's Lv. 8
                            and that I can't equip it to my roster! One more level to go, then!

.... I so want to learn Foot Kick just to use it on Necrosis in Ballista...

(Inside joke on Quetzalcoatl)

In any case, I hope I've given some insight on this!
                            ___
                            ( 『My Personal Site♪』 )

- DeviFoxx -

Comment

Wow dude, thank you for that info. I had assumed and so had everyone in my LS that you had to be the proper level or higher to learn the ability. Good to know we were wrong. That certainly makes things a bit easier.
                              Sky:O Sea:O Koga: 3/5 Melee: 1/5
                              http://manapool-ls.com - Bahamut Endgame LS

Comment

Working...
                              X