Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Blue Mage thread (and by extension Aht Urgan)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Blue Mage thread (and by extension Aht Urgan)

Because all talk will inevitably turn to talk of the Blue Mage (that better not be it's AF), I'm making this thread to talk about it, ruminate, make even more stuff up that would sound cool, do it here.

So to start things off, from the pictures I've seen, it look's sort of Middle Eastern. During CoP Mr. Samurai Person (you should know this <.<) is said to have come from the Far East. Most people saw this as just an Oriental theme. Clearly there is more influencing this expansion that hints dropped over the course over the entire game. I regards to what this mean, Aht Urgan must be quite large don't you think o_O, especially since I think that some missions will require the use of a Blue Mage.

And then what other jobs are there!! And how would Blue Mage work...what kind of class would it be....

Discuss random things. This is just what came to my mind!

cheers~

Re: The Official Blue Mage thread (and by extension Aht Urgan)

I hope it has a place in the massive enfeebling department, things that really influence the battle, not stuff like.. poison and.. uh.. blind..

Hopefully it will also become a revolutionary job that changes parties in a deep way.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

If the job even exists in the first place, I really don't think we're going to see a BlueMage job (But, watch this com eback to bite me in the ass once we get more information).

But, I do wondedr what kind of jobs we will have here.

Edit: I eat my words:

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50031
      -Baka Inu!
      Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
      Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
      Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
      Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

please don't let this be the only new job????
        I don't want to see a million BLU seeking in valkurm

Originally posted by SevIfrit
        we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

Well considering Zilart only added 3 (Samurai, Ninja, and Dragoon), I'm expecting well see 2 more, a tank class, and DD class. There was talk of a new tank class in the works, but I don't remember where I read that from.
          -Baka Inu!
          Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]

Comment

I hope, if gay square enix will ever decide to add new jobs, to give us the time mage, able to use more and powerful time spells like the usuals, or the chemist, which is allowed to and throw items (but the problem would be how obtain the items since they cost a lot and the alchemy skill is not at 99 at the beginning of the game lol), the oracle, a sort or bard but more powerful with more dangerous abilities, or maybe the assassin.
            Obviously all these jobs are from tactics, and few of them could be used on the battle system of FFXI.

PS. i rather a mime instead of a blue mage. Almost same abilities, cooler look lol
            Signature, ah!

Comment

But, we think this is BlueMage already though, it could be a geomancer which would be pretty freakin cool.
              Last edited by InuTrunks; 09-16-2005, 05:56 AM.
              -Baka Inu!

Comment

Yeah, but geomancer was using geographic calculations for hitting the enemy, so a geomancer could sucking in garlaige (a place made by bricks and rocks) and rocking in altepa (a completely opened-deserted area) would be pretty cool if they do it for good.
                Signature, ah!

Comment

Considering it did Firebreath and Spider web, im almost sure its not a geomancer, but you can believe what you wish! Its AF is also very blue, and if you remember back to FFV, you will see some sort of resemblence.

Comment

In Tactics, Geomancers could do damage based on wood and stone too.
                    My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                    Originally posted by Balfree
                    Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Originally posted by Kagetsu
                      Considering it did Firebreath and Spider web, im almost sure its not a geomancer, but you can believe what you wish!

I DO know it will be (almost for sure) a blue mage, but if only SE can add something else cooler...
                      I mean, letting us waiting all this time, and selling a NEW expansion cd-rom for new places, but just for ONE new job is gay!

Double Post Edited:
                      BY the way i hope that will not be the blue mage-or-anyway-new-job AF, in this way SE ruined all the surprise!!! /cry
                      Last edited by Kildem; 09-16-2005, 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      Signature, ah!

Comment

Moved to Job forums. If you'd like, please continue general discussion regarding the expansion to the thread located in the News on FFXI forum.
                        PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                        Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                        Currently Playing:
                        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

I heard genomancer was also said to be in the expansion, as well as a third job. From what I heard, and this is just a rumor mind you, that Genomancers will be a tanking job that will be able to create elemental walls based on where they are to reduce dmg done to them. This would definately fix the problem with being in a zone where the mobs have high resistence to it's element.

But for now all we can do is wait, this thing is still months away from it's release so they're not going to throw everything they got at you right from the start. They'll release small trailers and a few pics every so often, mention slight hints about quests or new areas over time and generally make you drool over it building as much anticipation as possible.

They still haven't released all the info for the next update, why would they let out all their secrets for the next expansion.
                          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Hmmm, Geomancers do not seem like they would be a tank class, then again SE did not intend for Ninja to be a tank class either so anything is possible.
                            Jaraude • Midgardsormr • KoolAid Linkshell

Comment

http://rapidshare.de/files/5154467/u...29154.zip.html

It's in the movie if you're still unsure. The taru casts Spider Web, the Hume casts Fire Breath. I pray to god they balance it well...or else it'll all be the same spell.

Blue Mage readies Throat Slash.
                              All spells obtained!
                              Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Working...
                              X