This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and Worst Jobs

I am just wondering what everyones thinks is the best and worst job. Please base your answer on personal preference and give a short explanation on why you feel this way.
    You kill one man, your a murderer
    Kill many and your a conquerer
    Kill them all... your a God.

Re: Best and Worst Jobs

there is no best or worst job. each job has it use and everyone has their own preferences.

if you really want to get a feel for each job, pros and cons, please browse the individual job forums.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I didn't mean my question to sound like that. I was just wondering about everyones opinion, thats all. Maybe I should have said favorite/least favorite.

Comment

As far as my personal preferences go, I think my job, Red Mage, is the best. We're indispensable in many party setups and have the flexibility to fill in for many roles. Rdms are very strong soloers and despite nerfs we're still very powerful in ballista. Since the job is so complex and we have so many tools at our disposal, there is lots of room to distinguish yourself by skill as a rdm.

Again by personal taste, I think my sub-job, Black Mage, is the worst. -,- People like a blm's ability to make big damage numbers and they can be very useful for bailing parties out of dangerous situations, but 90% of a blm's time is spent sitting on their butts watching the fights go by. Showing your skill as a blm involves knowing when NOT to do anything. I've never experienced a mana-burn party, but in my leveling of blm so far I've found the job to be weak and boring.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I can say when I started this game I had a job all picked out. I thought this is absolutely the job that I want to take to 75. I'm not new to MMO's so I know what I like and I was confident. BZZZZZZZZZZT!! Wrong! I went through several jobs before finding my "dream" job. I even went through all the races (except Galka ;P) before I found the "perfect" combo.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
            I can say when I started this game I had a job all picked out. I thought this is absolutely the job that I want to take to 75. I'm not new to MMO's so I know what I like and I was confident. BZZZZZZZZZZT!! Wrong! I went through several jobs before finding my "dream" job. I even went through all the races (except Galka ;P) before I found the "perfect" combo.
            lol. I am/was in the same boat. so what did you decide on?

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Same here. When I started, I was absolutely sure Sam/Mnk was the way to go. Focus+Dodge+Counter Attack+Meditate sounded pimp... >.>

Title: Sergeant Major
              SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
              Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
              Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
              Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

The response that Taskmage gave was exactly the kind of response I was looking for.

As far as my opinion goes:

I like Paladin simply because I love to tank and they are the ultimate tank.

My least favorite would be beastmaster because there is little to no party interaction and I like being part of a party.

Thank you for your responses.

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru
                  lol. I am/was in the same boat. so what did you decide on?
                  Well my 2 "loves" are Dark Knight and Red Mage. I've enjoyed both and have tried them on different races. Playing rdm right now and loving every minute of it.....except in this pt that I'm in where the pld feels the need to tell me how to play my job....doesn't realize there is a recast on spells.....blah blah blah lol
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

My favorites are: Dragoon, White Mage, Thief
                    My Least Favorites are: Black Mage and Warrior

I have yet to experience every job, but out of those I have used, the above is true, though I don't hate or even despise my Least Favorites, just don't care to use 'em.

Comment

Worst job has got to be a sanitation worker, or garbage man, or somebody who works for the government. I'd say the best job is one where you don't have to do anything at all, like writing. >_> Where's my great american novel now?

Bethesda Softworks hires quest designers. You hear me, quest designers. Holy hell I want that job. They've created the Elder Scrolls series, such as Morrowind, and the next I hear is going to be better than the rest combined. What a cushy job.

Comment

Wow quality job ^^

But from what I've read, RDM seems to be in fairly high demand and arguments about being the best... Running update d/loader to begin playing now, so maybe I'll go for that... any help on my decision?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco Dagon
                          My favorites are: Dragoon, White Mage, Thief
                          Wow, white mage, huh? I actually like being whm also. It's rare to see someone step up and say "I like being main healer."
                          Originally posted by Belgariadgospels
                          But from what I've read, RDM seems to be in fairly high demand and arguments about being the best... Running update d/loader to begin playing now, so maybe I'll go for that... any help on my decision?
                          My only advice is to browse through the job-specific forums and see what sounds fun to you. Remember that you don't have to stick with whatever choice you make when you create your character. You can hop from job to job seeing which you like best.
                          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Good point ^^ Guess I will trial and error the whole thing

Comment

I played alot of WoW and am strarting FFXI now,
                              I like beeing a healer in WoW so im gona try it out in FFXI 2.
                              the best thing is usualy you dont have to wait so long to get into a grp : )

sry about the spelling lol

Comment

Working...
                              X