Lv.75+ EXP Camps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lv.75+ EXP Camps

Post here if you have info on Lv.75+ camps for exp parties.

Collected Camp Info

The Lv.75 merit camps all still work well for Lv.76 parties, and probably higher. Check Campsitaru for those.

Unless otherwise noted, at least one DD (or "support") in party should be a "first provoke" person with Utsusemi; WAR/NIN, NIN/WAR, DNC/NIN, PLD/NIN should all work.

Promyvion-Holla (3 camps)
    Target: Idle Wanderer, Woeful Weeper, Livid Seether
    Floor 1 (Lv.73-75) Good for solo/duo people. Can probably support one Lv.73 party or one weaker Lv.75 party.
    Floor 2 (Lv.75-78) Decent for one normal party.
    Floor 3 (no camp)
    Floor 4 (Lv.76-80) Great for one strong party.

Recommended Configuration(s):
    DD/NIN x3, Support x2, Healer
    DD/NIN x4, BRD/NIN, Healer

Notes:
    A full-time dispeller is very useful against Wanderer's evasion and defense buffs (Mirage, Aura of Persistence). Due to Empty Beleaguer, /NIN is highly recommended for the front line jobs. If using PLD, PLD/NIN recommended over PLD/anything-else.

COR/RDM may work very well here, using /RDM for Dispel to save Quick Draw for sleep or damage.

Promyvion-Dem (at least 2 camps)
    Target: Idle Wanderer, Woeful Weeper, Livid Seether
    Floor 1 ???
    Floor 2 ???
    Floor 3 (Lv.75-??)
    Floor 4 (Lv.76-80?)

DD/NIN x3, Support x2, Healer

Notes:
    A full-time dispeller is very useful against Wanderer's evasion and defense buffs (Mirage, Aura of Persistence). Due to Empty Beleaguer, /NIN is highly recommended for the front line jobs. If using PLD, PLD/NIN recommended over PLD/anything-else.

COR/RDM may work very well here, using /RDM for Dispel to save Quick Draw for sleep or damage.

Misareaux Coast (2 camps; J-7 and J-8?)
    Target: Seaboard Vulture
    Level: 75-77?

DD(/NIN) x3, Support x2, Healer

Notes:
    Point the bird away from back line jobs; Damnation Dive is a conal AoE damage plus Stun. (Blockable with Utsusemi.) Baraera recommended.

Castle Oztroja [s] Top two floors (2 camps)
    Target: Everything
    Level: 75-77

"Normal party setup you'd use for mire/colibri/etc."

Notes:
    Originally posted by Shirai View Post
    Roam around the top floor and kill everything, if the top floor is empty move down the stairs a little bit and kill a few mobs there until top floor starts respawning.
    There's room for only one party on the top floor but there's one floor below there where mobs of the sameish levels roam, on the lower floor however there's a NM you want to avoid.

Original post.
    Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 07-01-2010, 03:20 AM.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Re: Lv.75+ EXP Camps

Have a friend running through there atm as 75BLM and he has yet to get aggro or find anything that doesnt con Too Weak..........
    Originally posted by Van Wilder
    Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
    Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
    I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Well might as well add to this.
      Promyvion-Dem
      3rd Floor (G-6)
      Target: Idle Wanderer, 1 Woeful Weeper
      Level Sync 75-76
      Setup:
      RDM/DNC
      BRD/NIN (me)
      BLU/NIN x2
      SAM/NIN x2

Decent EXP was getting 18k/hr with Emperor Band. About 10k-15k without. Watch out for TP moves, has a really nasty AoE one that strips shadows (which especially sucks if you're pulling and the area is relatively small). Did a max chain of 7 or 8 but we could have had better DDs. Lots of Idle Wanderers could support infinite chain. I also hear there is another camp on the fourth floor but has less mobs.
      80BRD/78DRK/68RNG/49NIN/37SAM/37WAR/37WHM/19BLM/16SMN/15THF
      Hume/Bastok/Rank6/Remora:

Comment

Promyvion-Dem, 4th floor, Lv.75 party. (Level Sync)
        Target: Idle Wanderer, Livid Seether.
        Recommend: Lv.76 or 77 instead.

WAR/NIN
        SAM/NIN
        DNC/NIN
        COR/NIN
        BRD/NIN (myself)
        WHM/SCH

Notes:
        1. Idle Wanderers need to be dispelled/Dark Shot'ed; they seems evasive to began with, so leaving its evasion up buff on is not good.
        2. Recommend accuracy food--at least Marinara Pizza or better.
        3. Lv.75 is a tad low, at least with our group.

Fewer hardcore players available last night on our LS, so a less powerful party. This camp is definitely meant for a stronger party, at higher level. I think Lv.76 or Lv.77 for DDs may be much better.
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Castle Oztroja [S] Top floor
          Target: Everything that moves and you are able to attack.
          Recommend: lv. 75~77

Normal party setup you'd use for mire/colibri/etc.

Roam around the top floor and kill everything, if the top floor is empty move down the stairs a little bit and kill a few mobs there until top floor starts respawning.
          There's room for only one party on the top floor but there's one floor below there where mobs of the sameish levels roam, on the lower floor however there's a NM you want to avoid.
          Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

Bibiki Bay: G-9 (reminds me of olds days of the hill camp in vulkrum dunes)
            Target: Dhamels, goblins and hares(if low on mobs)
            Recommended: 75~77

Had a set up of RDM(me), BRD, WAR, SAM, RNG, PLD(NIN) Had PLD at first then a NIN came to replace him. Was ok xp with PLD, about 9k/hr. not great but better than nothing and easier than soloing or campaign. Really picked up when we got NIN....which sounds kinda wierd to say. Accidently came /dnc but actually boosted our xp to 13k/hr, avg of chain 6-7 before break, and later went and switch to /war and probably would have got up to 15k/hr but we disbanded shortly after. I'm thinking if you go with a merit party set up with at least 1 voke you can do 15k/hr.

Dhamels are main target, then gobs down the hill a bit and then hares the other way but only a few of those.
            Dhamels have a couple TP moves.
            ~Healing Breeze [AoE] = ~1200HP heal uses no more than once a fight, will awaken other Dhamels near by that BRD has slept.
            ~Stomp(forgot name but something similar) [single target] = 500-900 dmg be careful this can kill someone fast. used the most and usually 2-3 times a fight.
            ~Forgotten Name [AoE] = AGL boost

Goblins - has all the normal gob TP moves. up to TIII magic

Hares - Has a powerful AoE TP move that can do up to 500-600 dmg. real pain and not worth fight unless trying to keep chain.

Comment

I did that camp the other day (dhalmels are called "camelopards" or something, btw) with:

war/nin
              drk/nin
              drg/sam
              dnc/something
              whm/sch
              rng/nin

Note: No bard, no Refresher. We still pulled 12k/hour. After a while, we inherited vulture camp in Mis[tab key] coast and we got 5k exp in 15 mins. So Bibiki Bay is decent, but when you have the option of getting 20k/hour w/out a bard...
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

~Healing Breeze [AoE] = ~1200HP heal uses no more than once a fight
                That's odd; I was pretty sure Dhalmels could use this more than once if they wanted. That they live to do so is another story.

Comment

La Vaule [s] - (F-9)
                  Target: Orcs
                  Recommend: lv. 75~77

Any setup works. Without any +exp, should average 12-15k/hr.

I used this power setup (with level sync 75 + Emperor Ring = 25k/hr):

COR/NIN
                  BRD/NIN (me)
                  SAM/NIN
                  RNG/NIN
                  WAR/NIN
                  RDM/WHM

If you can keep the whole camp cleared of orcs and always have some parked so DD can insta-switch.. you can do really well here. Exp tanks badly here at 77+. Keep rotating in a syncer if partying long time.

The SAM who was using Emp. Ring + Allied Ring said he was at ~ 44k/hr... so who knows what the party was truely averaging. Groups will vary anyway.

We lost chain for some reason somewhere in the 100s. No worries... rinse and repeat.

There's really not a whole lot to them. Be careful of the true sight NM getting to the camp.

Enjoy!
                  Last edited by Chromemage; 06-29-2010, 10:20 AM.
                  Joined FFXI September 15th, 2009 | PlayStation 2/3
                  Retired July 8th, 2010.
                  Current Server: Unicorn
                  Current Home Nation: San d'Oria (Rank 10)
                  Race/Sex: Hume/(Fe)male
                  Current Jobs: 80BRD, 75NIN, 59DNC, 51WHM, 43WAR, 38BLM, 38DRK

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                    That's odd; I was pretty sure Dhalmels could use this more than once if they wanted. That they live to do so is another story.
                    There's no restriction. I know at one point, we had a new mob in camp while the old was still @40% because he did a double healing breeze. However, it definitely feels less frequent and less chain-breaking than Troll's stoneskin move.
                    "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Interesting...
                      75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                      RANK 10 Bastok
                      CoP: Done
                      ZM: Done
                      ToA: Done
                      Assault rank: Captain
                      Campaign Medal: Medals
                      Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                      This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                        There's no restriction. I know at one point, we had a new mob in camp while the old was still @40% because he did a double healing breeze. However, it definitely feels less frequent and less chain-breaking than Troll's stoneskin move.
                        ^
                        This, it can use healing breeze almost infinitely.
                        This did make me very happy skilling up my club skill on them last night though, one of them even breezed 7 times in a row.
                        Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

Working...
                        X