Question about Gear and Subs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Gear and Subs..

I've been doing my best to have the best gear I possibly can, eating, and keeping my sub leveled (I haven't really had a problem with that.. got my sub to 18 to get my sub in the first place), but there always seems to be at least one person in the party with absolutely terrible gear, and a sub that's either level 1 or.. 8.. or something that isn't half their level.

These people (almost always melee) seem to do pretty poor damage as well.

Is there a point where this sort of stops? Should I expect to be partying with shell ring'd 24/7 WAR/MNKs for the rest of my leveling career?

P.S. Forgive me if shell rings are good for melee damage, I have absolutely no idea what they actually do >.>;
    Last edited by Ryuuhikiuu; 02-25-2008, 02:47 PM.
    25MNK/18WAR

Re: Question about Gear and Subs..

Originally posted by Ryuuhikiuu View Post
    Is there a point where this sort of stops?
    Yes, but as time has progressed, this point has gotten later and later. I would not stand for it any where past Valkurm Dunes (lvl 20-ish), but you can choose sooner if you wish. Just be prepared to have to leave/be kicked from a party, when one of those gimp fools is friends with the party leader.

P.S. I am not sure shell rings are good for anything. They are definitely not the best thing at level 14 or higher.
    FFXIV Balmung Server
    Tenro Matashi
    PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

There will always be people who want to leech.

Their justifications vary, ranging from "I don't care" to "I can't afford gear" to "I don't have time to level support job or farm" to whatever--but, basically they rely on the hard work of other five members in party to get themselves decent exp.
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

There are people who want to play the game, and people who want the game played for them. Those who gimp themselves can do so because people let them. So stand up, and just say no. If the leader won't boot them, leave.
        Originally posted by Ellipses
        Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
        Originally posted by MCLV
        A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
        More Sig:

Comment

The thing is, I'm afraid of getting too much bad rep from that and not being invited to groups.
          25MNK/18WAR

Comment

You're not going to get a bad rep from refusing to party with people who aren't pulling their weight. If anything you'll get a good one.

Comment

i so hate seeing ppl at jungle with dream set... and such event gear.
              shell rings are good for nothing IMO...maybe for BLM. but at that lvl u can get none quality rings that are like 1-2k...not everything needs to be HQ.

also to the "I dont have time to lvl my sub" stupid justification. i always answer: "dont lvl ur main and go lvl ur sub"..."I dont have time to farm"..."sell the crystals u get from pt at AH"

ppl is just lazy and some times stupid.

Comment

This is an MMORPG. Things don't just get handed to you for free. (Except maybe in WoW.)

Comment

Must we bring up WoW?

Hint: The answer is no.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuuhikiuu View Post
                    The thing is, I'm afraid of getting too much bad rep from that and not being invited to groups.
                    The people who would talk amongst themselves about you are the people with the under leveled subs and poor equips. So those people wouldn't want to party with you....is this a bad thing?? LOL

People with common sense will agree with you and not think badly of you so don't sweat it.

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                    Must we bring up WoW?

Hint: The answer is no.
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X