• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takelli
    replied
    Re: Ideal Party Setup

Originally posted by Madjo View Post
    The other day, my WAR teamed with a RDM and BLM and we actually got pretty decent xp by chaining bats and snippers in one of the caves in La Theine. I went from 12 to 15 in that cave and it was more fun that the usual Valkurm Dunes routine.
    Yea. 3 Maning in a party is usually the best way to lvl in the Valkurm levels. Can even be better than the Qufim levels unless you have some one with Acid bolts, and can hit with them.

Leave a comment:

• Madjo
    replied

I'm a fan on unconventional parties myself. I like putting together parties of 3 people or so, and looking for unusual places to level. The other day, my WAR teamed with a RDM and BLM and we actually got pretty decent xp by chaining bats and snippers in one of the caves in La Theine. I went from 12 to 15 in that cave and it was more fun that the usual Valkurm Dunes routine.

Leave a comment:

• Maju
    replied

PLD/WAR (me)
    RNG/NIN
    THF/NIN
    RDM/BLM
    WAR/NIN
    SAM/WAR

Our party level was 57-59 and we were getting over 10k/h killing lesser colibri. It was a 100% pick up party, too.

Leave a comment:

• Icemage
    replied

Just got out of a party in Caedarva Mire:

NIN/WAR
    <melee>
    <melee>
    BLM/WHM
    BRD/NIN (puller!)
    RDM/WHM (me)

50K XP in 4 hours(I went from level 70 to level 72). Would have been more but we wiped to a bad triple spawn
    Unbelievable amounts of XP out there.

Icemage

Leave a comment:

• Mephisto
    replied

It's interesting to see the first page of this post -- no one mentions any war war war, mnk mnk mnk, nin nin nin pts or anything like that. D:/

Leave a comment:

• Tokitoki
    replied

Just had a WAR WAR WAR NIN(DD setup) BRD WHM PT at 63 yesterday... went very well with about 8-9k/hr.

Leave a comment:

• Chicken_Little
    replied

Hmmm.....haven't had one like this but I've been close. For me I think it would be friggin awesome to have

Nin/War (me obviously ^_^)
    Sam/War
    Sam/Thf
    Blm/Rdm
    Rdm/Whm
    Brd/Whm

This obviously would be best +60. Sam/War vokes, opens SC (have no clue what for kickass SC can be done +60 for Sam), Sam/Thf SATA + SC close. I tank like normal and everyone else does there thing. I merely base this from an LS pt I had once that was

Nin/War (me)
    Nin/War
    Sam/Thf
    Sam/Thf
    Blm/Whm
    Smn/Whm

We killed super fast and never needed to rest because the other Nin and I traded hate back and forth and with the help of both of the Sams. The Smn had Fenrir and did the accuracy/evasion buff everytime it wore off and that helped greatly. Either two of those setups I guess would be ideal for me, plus it was just hellah fun watching the Sams SC like twice every fight and the Blm MB'n like crazy. Lotsa fun ^_^

Leave a comment:

• Theinen
    replied

My favorite setup and current static is DRK,DRG (me) (Spinning Slash + Wheeling Thrust = Light SC),WHM,RDM,BLM,PLD (No offence to NIN but he can hold hate when the DRK and I are going all out.) Caedarva Mire is our prefered place to camp and we average around 13-15k exp for one night.

Leave a comment:

• TheMidg
    replied

I love manaburn PTs. Nothing beats being a BLM in a BLM BLM BLM BLM BLM BRD PT :D Good exp too!

Leave a comment:

• Veve
    replied

WAR/NINx3 BRDx2 RDM.

Leave a comment:

• Illuen
    replied

I think the most effective party I have ever been with was NIN NIN NIN NIN BLM/WHM (me) BLM/WHM. We mages rarely had to heal, and we could focus on nuking I have also had good experience with Manaburn parties, in particular a BLM BLM BLM WHM WHM RDM.

Leave a comment:

• Demus
    replied

Ideally, I like having a WAR/NINx4 BRD/WHM RDM/WHM setup. Sole Sushi + double Minuet is sexy. The setup only works if each WAR is equipped similarly and does their fair share of tanking instead of letting one WAR take all the hits.

Leave a comment:

• pyromaniac
    replied

SMN pt in KRT can be crazy takes 3MOuntain Busters to kill a Skeleton nd if u have 5SMN n a BRD that goes crazy

Leave a comment:

• Icemage
    replied

Re: Tanks

Not every party needs a tank. I XP'd on my BRD several times while levelling with BLM BLM BLM BLM SMN BRD, and recently did some BLM BLM BLM BLM BLM BRD manaburn parties - the last one which we managed a Chain #12.

Bones parties (MNK MNK MNK WHM BRD RDM usually) don't need a primary tank either. Just beat the skeletons into submission, they don't live long enough to get past Utsusemi: Ichi most of the time.

Beastmasters can make some weird parties too: BSTx2, BSTx3, BSTx5 + RDM, even BSTx6 sometimes. Interesting point, this is one of the very few party types that is actively allergic to Bards.

SMN can do something similar with SMN SMN SMN SMN BRD RDM at 70+.

---

Re: Healers

See my note above about 5xBLM + BRD parties. BST-only parties, SMN x 3 against bombs, and several other types of party have no designated healers.

--

Re: DD's

Melees have become very efficient lately, so much so that you can go out with NIN + BRD + 3x melee + Healer and churn out some really impressive numbers (XP chain indefinitely), but this only really works at level 75 when accuracy stops being a limiting factor against T/VT enemies.

--

Re: Lower levels

All the above variety doesn't really show up until the mid-50s, levelwise. Prior to that, aside from specific exceptions, you're probably going to fall into the typical Tank/DD/DD/Nuker/Supper/Healer setup.

Icemage

Leave a comment:

• Suichi
    replied

MNK/WAR
    WAR/NIN
    PLD/WAR
    BRD/WHM
    BLM/RDM
    WHM/SMM

My favorite party ever.