X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lionx
    replied
    Re: Ideal Party Setup

Hmm at Bibiki Bay i had PLD DRK SAM DRG RDM WHM(me!). Fighting Gobs and Birds, and on a Gobs mostly.

SC: Guillotine(500) > Tachi: Gekko(forget) > Wheeling Thrust(604) => Light(908)

and Swift Blade(all over the place) > Tachi: Gekko => Darkness

I wasnt able to haste since it was moving so fast with SC here and there but damn it was awesome for me. In your faces DRG haters..

Leave a comment:

• aegina
    replied

he's right. i didnt mean chain only toughs for 98 xp each. Ideally, aim for about 150 xp per mob(not counting the bonus from the chain) or so. That's usually the best balance between xp and downtime.
    i did this in an xp pt last night, making 150-200 xp a kill for chain 4 or 5 every time, starting at 150, but reaching 200 by the end of the chain (with an occasional 100 xp beetle sneaking its way into our chain lol). we had the nin-sam-thf-blm-blm-whm pt i mentioned above, and we made around 6k xp an hour. this was a around lvl 42-45 pt in west altepa desert. not a bad pt at all^^
    Last edited by aegina; 11-01-2005, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tdh
    replied

I agree, but toughs make EXP gain a tad low when you can do the same thing and gain 150-200+ EXP. Chaining Robber Crabs to Chain #4, gaining about 180+ with the Chain, and then pull a mean Terror Pugil with TP and wipe it out for end the chain. I'd much rather chain VTs, then end it with an IT. Blow out a huge skillchain and a few good sized MBs FTW!

Leave a comment:

• aegina
    replied

also remember when choosing a camp, it is almost always better to chain tough mobs than to push for the omg!200xp!!1!1337 fights. if you can make chain 4 or 5 off mobs that give 100-150 xp a kill, you will make more xp per hour than if you were fighting IT++++ for 200 xp a kill.

the only downside to this is, sometimes it's hard to find a good camp to chain tough's.

choosing a good camp is as much a part of the party setup as matching the jobs is.

Leave a comment:

• tdh
    replied

I love the JPN parties of NIN, THF, SAM. They usually grab 2 BLMs and a RDM. Sitting in that RDM seat RAWKS! 3 Refreshs, 2 Hastes, maybe 3, and MB. Those NINs do just about all the Enfeebles, so I toss in Dia II and Gravity, and watch the mobs HP just disappear! Those parties are so effecient it's crazy.

But I've had 3 parties recently with a DRK and WAR. Vorpal Scythe/Power Slash >> Rampage >> Distortion has dropped a mob's health from 80% to about 10%! That Skillchain has been RAWK'n it out lately! Poor tank has to be damn good to keep hate off the WAR then. Chaser, JPN PLD on Lakshmi kept hate from that 100%! Mob never flinched!

Leave a comment:

• aegina
    replied

what he said ^^ lol

except its rare to find 2 sams and a brd seeking...

of course, you could go sam sam blm blm blm brd lol

i was trying to suggest something more practical, that i use regularly. its easy to find a sam, a thf and a couple blm' seeking most of the time, especially for me cuz i play as the thf
    Last edited by aegina; 11-01-2005, 03:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Intensity
    replied

Nin/sam/sam/blm/brd/whm Ftw

Leave a comment:

• aegina
    replied

ive had good luck with nin sam thf blm blm whm. A rdm might be better than the whm, but there was no rdm seeking each of the times i tried to put this setup together, so i used a whm.

ive used this pt several times, almost always successfully. the only time it wasnt successful was with a sam who couldnt skill chain properly

sam vokes first, then (tachi enpi) >> sata (viper bite) off the tank at the start of the fight.

next fight, sam vokes first for a no skillchain sata, then start the fight with (tachi enpi) >> (blade retsu) then ninja provokes

both these skill chains make distortion, which the blm's double magic burst. Taking over half the mob's life off right at the start of the fight in one skill chain is a sweet thing to see^^ and when chaining toughs, watching this pt setup is funny. the mob almost dies from the magic burst alone...

you can have some problems holding hate from the double burst on the retsu sc, but as long as the thf sata's properly, the mob will stay on the tank. i havent ever had any deaths to losing hate in this setup yet.

pretty reliable chain 4 or 5 for most levels of the game.

it works with a war/nin as a tank too, but not as well in my experience. the sams ive pt'd with seem to have trouble getting a good skillchin going with them, and usually just tell them to solo their weoponskills.

edited:spelling, and content.
    Last edited by aegina; 11-01-2005, 03:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• METDeath
    replied

nin rng rng sam thf brd, this was at 33-37, we ran out of mobs in garlaige, doing 6k/hr or there abouts, got even better when the other rng was using a serpentine gun

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy
    replied

At 66+ the absolute BEST setup is:

DRG
    DRK
    PLD
    RDM
    BLM
    BLM

Wheeling Thrust 400 >> Spinning Slash 700-1000 >> Light 700-1000 >> Flare x2 1000+
    Rip through any mob in seconds. I had a awesome party with this 4/5 times, the 5th time it was decent. All depends on the gear/performance of the members. My party did big numbers like: "Wheeling Thrust 500 >> Spinning Slash 1,100 >> Light 1,100 >> Flare 1,700 (Firesday . I used to be a DRG hater, but now I don't party without them :"

Leave a comment:

• Icemage
    replied

Originally posted by frege
    I believe the best parties are just made by experienced players, as long as you have dd healer tank and puller you are basically in there.
    Doesn't even have to be that. Good players just know how to get the job done, period. Manaburn parties (BLM BLM BLM BLM <other mage> <BRD or RDM>) are extremely effective, and don't fall into the "typical" party, for example.

Icemage

Leave a comment:

• frege
    replied

I believe the best parties are just made by experienced players, as long as you have dd healer tank and puller you are basically in there.

Leave a comment:

• Kailo
    replied

I don't know about the best out there (define best? best at doing what? do we get to choose the situation?), but a favorite of mine is RNG RNG RNG NIN RDM BLM, but that was before the RNG nerf and on Flies in the Tree. The mob died before it could get through RNG and NIN Utsus nearly every time. Lots of traded hate makes it more interesting though :D

Leave a comment:

• Last_Viper
    replied

i have no specified party setup. you have so many jobs you can combine with good SC, some work better, some not.

but in fakt, i enjoy party when all play, understand jokes and don`t went afk every 5 minutes ^^

there is no best only.. if you say, best pt against bones, then there is maybe..
    for a good average like GrandMom said, 2-3mage(brd), tank, DD

Leave a comment:

• TheGrandMom
    replied

It absolutely depends on the level you are at, the mobs you are fighting, and the competence of your pt members. There is no absolute standard. The usual setup has a tank, healer, debuffer/backup healer, and 3 damage dealers (nuker, melee, etc).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X