Coming back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back?

w Before I start... first time poster... kinda posted this in another area... this one lookd more my style. lol

Hey guys, Um just gotta few things before i go and buy this... Ok so i use to play ffxi like back when it first came out on the ps2, so long ago... but anyways just gotta job with xbox live tech support so im gonna be coop'd up in a at home office all day and they're sending me a xbox... but anyways my question is ok i just read theres ffxiv out now... thats all dandy and stuff but i dont want to go and get a nicer pc to play games on my pc. So im stuck with xbox platform. So anyways i was just wondering are people still playing this? will i have trouble finding low level parties? i dont want to play wow lol and i really liked this game back when it came out. i had like a lvl 62 sam... i heard i can get my account back but i kinda wanna start fresh... anyways so the questions are. Do people still play this regularly? Low lvl parties a problem? and what effect does ffxiv have on this?

Re: Coming back?

People still play FF11; when SE shuts down the server is when there aren't enough (to pay for the servers' electric bills). FF14 seemed to cause many to stop playing FF11, but quite a few people came back after trying FF14. FF14 hasn't killed FF11, if that's what you're asking.

Lower level parties have been sparse for years; there are some, but not many. On the other hand, it's now fairly easy to solo (and duo/trio) for fairly decent exp., thanks to availability of exp rings, Signet boost, and Fields of Valor.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Hello! Been such a long time since I've been here, lol. I think I'm going to try again for a little bit, and it's been 3 years since I've played. What new & amazing things have happened since then that I should know, and could you elaborate on the soloability? I certainly don't have time to party with others like I used to 3+ years ago, lol.

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Well hopefully theres enough for the server to stay open... Cause i mean... My only really alternative option is WoW... and ive watched it played read about it and just... it doesnt look like its for me... so ill be ffxi till it shuts down!

Comment

Originally posted by silentsteel View Post
          What new & amazing things have happened since then that I should know, and could you elaborate on the soloability?
          Think the exp rings have been out for more than three years, so won't go over that. Not sure when the Signet change went into effect, but now:

* increased Healing HP
          * No TP loss while resting
          * Bonus experience earned in parties sized 2-5 people.
          * Increased defense and evasion against attacks from your auto-attack target

There was an experience points boost to EP and DC mobs, I think, but my memories are fuzzy on that. Think the range of what counted as EP increased as well.

Fields of Valor gives the player who completes objectives for Training Regimes substantial amount of additional experience points, and toss in some gil, too. Plus you can purchase buffs such as Auto Regen, Auto Refresh, level appropriate Protect/Shell, Reraise, and even several different food effects.

Overall, the changes made it far more worthwhile to kill EP/DC's for experience points, and just about every job can find at least some EPs covered under FoV that can be easily handled.

As for new and amazing, that can be summed up by the word 'Abyssea', which presents new endgame and exp hunting grounds all rolled into one series of very impressive add-ons (so far).

- Mugaku

Comment

so being a lvl 66 whm, would I still be able to get into abyssea parties, and are they as good as some of the ones I've read for just getting Tons of experience? XD

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

You may be able to get into Abyssea exp alliances, yes. This is still a constant, though: lousy players make lousy exp/hour.

There's a pretty big difference between what a group of 12 or so good players can get in 4 hours of exp'ing compared to the average 18 man alliance with constant replacement can get in the same amount of time. Don't expect miracles from pickup groups.

- Mugaku

Comment

well, right at first I'd fit in the lousy players, just because I'm uber rusty from not playing for 3 years, lol. Thanks. ^^ What server are you on btw? I was midgard, but apparently we were all shipped off, lol.

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Comment

Working...
                X